PDA

View Full Version : I am sorry but ........

-=Jismo=-
26-04-06, 23:23
About 5 days ago my both of my accounts and both of zeroblazes accounts got "hacked" and thus my ppu and all my other chars has been reduced to nothing but there starter apartments.
so i am afraid to say my 2 years of being a loyal neocron runner has come to a end.

............May death come for who did it,
1000's of hours wasted ,such a shame..............

good bye fellow runners.

ps.. pease post if you have any idea who might have done it

Jodo
26-04-06, 23:28
Thats shit! I wish something could be done for ya.
So does this happen a lot then?

RogerRamjet
26-04-06, 23:29
Ah sucks man, seems the community sinks even lower once again.

rob444
26-04-06, 23:30
Only you could possibly know who done it I guess :/.

Here are some possible ways to get other peoples passwords:

Did you share accounts?
Has someone sent you any exe,scr,bat,com,pif files lately?
Is it possible someone has uploaded a key logger trough a web browser exploit?
Latest windows update?
Using the same password on clan/friends' forums and your nc account?
IRL friend maybe saw you typing the password?
IRL friend sniffed your network?
Using those bad "What's your cat's name?" on hotmail etc. that can be easily guessed?
Having the same password as your username? (..)
To bad you are leaving though, you'll surely be missed :(

cRazy-
26-04-06, 23:31
I would really like to have some kind of official statement to know if its actually possible to hack into someones account (I find this unlikely since I dont think anyone who would want to hack someones account has the mental capability to try and gain unlawful access to a server). I suspect in most circumstances its just someones password being leaked, managing to get the password sent in the e-mail etc.

-=Jismo=-
26-04-06, 23:31
its funny when u log in and see u have no qb or imps or inventory and u thingk ur bugged, then u relog a few times then the shit sinks in.........

rob444
26-04-06, 23:36
I would really like to have some kind of official statement to know if its actually possible to hack into someones account (I find this unlikely since I dont think anyone who would want to hack someones account has the mental capability to try and gain unlawful access to a server). I suspect in most circumstances its just someones password being leaked, managing to get the password sent in the e-mail etc.

I don't know about the security of the servers, I surely hope they have bruteforce detection... (I added that idea a long time ago to someone, don't remember who it was).

There was a guy long time ago in #neocron channel on ETG that claimed that he had hacked the NC servers, he even sent me screenshots of it, he buffer overflowed their FTP software (warftpd), but it could be all bull though but it wouldn't surprise me lol.

But in this case, it's probably someone that snatched it from him trough other means than hacking the server :P

Necpock
26-04-06, 23:47
Aah dude, that sucks :(
Sorry to hear about that.

-=Jismo=-
26-04-06, 23:49
only my mate zeroblaze had my current pw , a few ppl knew my user name.

i dont download any shit off hotmail, and i wouldnt know if i had a key logger on my pc >< .......

RogerRamjet
26-04-06, 23:52
Logged into any vent servers where people who may want to jack your shit hang about?

-=Jismo=-
26-04-06, 23:54
i did go on the sxr vent server but other than that ......nothinh , its strange as me and zero went to a mates party and someone knew we where out and both of our accounts got hacked on the same night

rob444
26-04-06, 23:57
Then maybe it's not you that are the security issue :P, maybe it's your mate that has been hacked, if he has ever logged into your nc account on his PC that is.

Trillian
27-04-06, 00:31
Yet another example of why people should not share their account info.

Terayon
27-04-06, 00:32
:( Thats realy lame. Is zeroblaze quiting also?

Glok
27-04-06, 00:33
Just like not using a condom, you trust someone with your password and you are trusting everyone they trust also. :(

Dogface
27-04-06, 00:40
its funny when u log in and see u have no qb or imps or inventory and u thingk ur bugged, then u relog a few times then the shit sinks in.........

Ouch :(

That must have hurt man, I'm sorry to hear it.

her.
27-04-06, 00:53
meh its happened to me a couple times tbh and i dont even give my pass out to neone...sure does suck ass tbh....

Cor
27-04-06, 01:53
Just like not using a condom, you trust someone with your password and you are trusting everyone they trust also. :(

That's right : They tell 2 friends and those 2 tell 2 friends each... and so on, and so on, and so on... and the next thing you know everyone got VD or your PassWord. :(

-=Jismo=-
27-04-06, 08:32
lol he wouldnt have told anyone it, and i wouldnt have told anyone his. were like best mates in rl

Pantho
27-04-06, 11:09
No but the fact that you BOTH have lost your accs, and your BOTH share. Is showing that one of you have been Compramised.

-edit Proberly one of you had a Keylogger,

Bugs Gunny
27-04-06, 11:32
So you logged on the sxr ventrilo and the same night your acts got hacked.
What website did you download the old ventrilo client from?

And i hope for you guys that KK finds duplicate ip addresses from the guy who logged in your acts and his own act.

rob444
27-04-06, 11:52
They have still not fixed item tracking, right?

-=Jismo=-
27-04-06, 11:59
we used ventrillo mix to use the old vent, i cant remember the site i downloaded it from.

yes zeroblaze is quiting also unfortunatly

Pantho
27-04-06, 12:00
Nice point gunnar, Can KK Find out who hacked it by IP logs.

Necpock
27-04-06, 12:35
IP tracking might work... find the ip that the hacked account had when it happened and match it to another ip another account had used in the past few days. Not really that acurrate.

Pantho
27-04-06, 12:54
No its very Accurate, If some1 with the same IP, has logged Jismo;s account, Then logged his own to stealth the shit. Then that means you can find that players account -

Breakaway
27-04-06, 13:26
jismo do you know a dude called 'butters' ? as i was talking to zeros spy a couple of days ago and he said oh im not zero im butters and i knew a guy called butters who used to be in solderiz with me... and he said yeah im that guy. so it could have been him who hacked it.

Lodar
27-04-06, 13:43
Leaving thread, closed.

PS: By all means contact abuse@neocron.com about issues like this but please don't turn them into a forum witch-hunt.

Nidhogg
27-04-06, 14:29
I would really like to have some kind of official statement to know if its actually possible to hack into someones account.
And I'm more than willing to give it. The simple fact is that all such "hacked" accounts have been accessed externally, either by use of the email account tied to the account (someone just requested the password) or by account sharing.

In this case the owner has admitted that he's shared his account and I'm ready to state that that's how the deed was done. I know he's said that he's only shared it with a friend but I know from past cases that friends are frequently not to be trusted. For example, after reviewing our logs and re-creating everything that happened while one person's account was stripped, it indeed turned out to be the owner's "friend" who did it. There were denials for a few days but later on it turned out that the "friend" had paid for the account for a few months and he believed that he had a right to it's items. He sold most of them on EBay the evening he took them and threw the rest of them on the floor in P1.

I'm getting really tired of saying it but I'll say it again anyway because it's obvious that the message is not getting through. DO NOT SHARE YOUR ACCOUNT!

-=Jismo=-, you should contact account@neocron.com to inform them of what's happened.

N