PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain my aiming

cRazy-
26-04-06, 09:54
There really is nothing logical about how it goes so im pretty confused.

When I have my Exec, Judge or whatever weapon I can aim fairly decently, normally hit more then I miss but thats only when im in duels, like neofrag, MB or pretty much any other inclosed or indoor space.

However when im outdoors like in an OP or any other sector, I cant aim for shit, I must only hit one or two shots out of a whole clip, nothing changes, its just the fact that im outdoors instead of indoors and suddenly I cant aim, thats how it seems anyway.

So does anyone have the same problem or can explain the psych behind it?

Bugs Gunny
26-04-06, 10:02
I get the same thing, but only in rooms or hallways.

Pantho
26-04-06, 10:23
I get the same thing, But all the time :rolleyes:

Brammers
26-04-06, 10:42
I notice my PPU buffing goes to shit when in an indoor zone. I find it harder to cast indoors, than outside.

rob444
26-04-06, 10:43
It is probably two things that's causing this.

First one is the FPS, it's a lot worse in some areas if you compare it to indoors.

Second one, the enemies have a much larger area to move at. If you are indoors it's pretty hard to miss anything with those small corridors and shit (thinking of MB here).

landofcake
26-04-06, 11:18
I find the opposite, i find it's easier to hit stuff at Op fights and/or outside rather than inside.

I think it's because generally it's easier to keep the gun trained on them unlike when they're inside and can run right past you, causing to lose the entire reticle lock ...

RogerRamjet
26-04-06, 12:35
I'm 1337 no matter where i am, sorry.

I find it easier in OPs, since you can literally run rings around your opponents.

Cadgar
26-04-06, 12:44
thats why i play apu for op fights and spy for everything else :D

giga191
26-04-06, 14:26
Second one, the enemies have a much larger area to move at. I think this is the main reason. People will seem to move a lot faster because their position is updated more often (there's a rule about the maximum distance you can move before you position is updated).

Terayon
26-04-06, 14:28
Move your mouse very fasy in an indoor fight with a few enemies around and see how long it takes the game to respond. Do the same outside with a few enemies. See if you notice a diffrence. Thats most likely whats causing you to miss so much, as im pretty sure you will get some more delay in there.

I get the same thing, but only in rooms or hallways.
Me also. Im fine in NF but in places like MB entrance the place is just to jolty to do realy well sometimes, as in just how people can move in that tight space. My camera bumping on things while im trying to fight dousent help either.

Jodo
26-04-06, 15:03
I've noticed every so often that my shooting has no affect on the target when I'm outside.
Terayons right, there can be a big difference in ping when venturing outside and the server has trouble keeping sync'ed with your own pc and one of them thinks you're 3 foot to the left or right of your actual location.
I had to aim past the left side of a Grim Chaser last week before it started taking damage. Then I relogged, (the answer to most problems as we know) and all was well again. Its the same reason when you try to loot something or get on your Quad and you get told "You cannot reach that" even though you're pressed up against it. o_O

Dogface
26-04-06, 15:13
I'm way more aware of the space around me outside, which totally throws my concentration off.

Perhaps the smaller space makes some part of your brain think your target is bigger? Or some shit. I dunno.

Kame
26-04-06, 20:00
Go outside and open ur RPOS, while looking at the horizon.
Move your mouse.

Now open it up while looking at the ground.
Move your mouse.

When you look at the horizon the mouse cursor will feel lot more 'heavy' then when looking at the ground.
This effect is greatly affected by visual effects and moving players and plasa and damage and etc.

Basically, you mouse cursor moves slower in large areas because you PC has a hard time.

Players that cant hit inside probably die 2x faster in outdoor or OP situations.

unreal
26-04-06, 20:38
Unless a wasteland sector is full of crap/fire barrells my FPS is usually fine, and I can aim half decently. I personally find it easier to shoot people outside rather than inside, usually because there are twice as many things for people to clip around inside, and depending on the size of the space you're in, as mentioned, the camera angles really fuck up your view, and therefore your ability to aim.

Was going to mention a couple of slightly off-thread-topic things regarding sectors... like Regants Legacy being created with a tonne of hidey (aka places for people to cheat the game while getting lots of XP without being damaged, which is against the rules) holes to stop you from being hit, etc, but deleted most of it, since it would be classed as "flaming" or "trolling". It would have eventually led to the following paragraph...

The most basic of common sense is never applied to ANYTHING in Neocron, end of story, it's rather confusing. Lots of things were added to different sectors/outposts that aid in lowering FPS. Most of these things are generally irrelevant or a waste of time (such as vegetation, even on the lowest setting in specific sectors it causes me to get jumpy/low FPS).

Even with almost the very latest in hardware I still get terrible FPS in Neocron, so I simply uninstalled Neocron from my other machines and resumed using it on the this one that's still running hardware from about a year and a half ago, since the differences in hardware didn't have much of an effect on my FPS. It's still piss poor.

Apocalypsox
26-04-06, 22:54
as already said, the FPS has a slight effect. but i find it easier to hit people outside than inside :D maybe thats cause im a SH spy :lol:

Powerpunsh
26-04-06, 23:52
I just cant aim, if my Cam get blocked by any walls.
Its just an idea, but i run often backwards outside, and inside im more in closed combat. I play more passive. Inside im more aggressive, cause i can jump in cover myself behind boxes or anything else. :p