PDA

View Full Version : How's Neocron's Atmosphere been lately?

Nvidia
24-04-06, 09:01
A month or a month and a half so ago, I was getting very close to coming back once again to check things out, but my clutch and a back tire went bad (AKA $1,500 :() while I was doing a 300-foot burnout, so I had to not spend any money for awhile... :lol:

Anyway, I'm considering checking things out again, but before I ask of your opinions, let me describe what I didn't like the last time I came to check things out...

- The Neofrag Duel Drugged Up PVP Setups. In less than two hours being back in game, almost every character I encountered was drugged up THE ASS. The kind of shit you only saw in NC1 Neofrag cause the setups were so taxing once the drugs wore off. But what was different was that everyone was using them, outside of Neofrag. Constantly. It felt like I was fighting the elitist pistol PE who gobbled down every fucking drug in the book, except everyone had it going on.

I might get flamed for this (go ahead - I don't care), but what happened to fighting with what your character naturally had available? I have never believed in drugs (I think they're unbalancing as shit, but whatever), and have always fought with what I could manage via implants, bones, and armor. Anyone else feel the same way as me?

- Monks. Everywhere. I'm assuming this is still the case, as it's kind of always been that way. But everyone can hope, right? :rolleyes: How is the character variety now a days?

- PPUs. 'Nuff said tbh. Are they still overpowering other classes among the new heal changes?

- The "I'm fucking leety hot shit and you're just the dirt on my shoes" attitude. Last time I was in game, besides a few friends from Pluto (<3 Trill! :)), everyone I talked to had that general attitude going. Neocron used to have a much more friendly atmosphere - no, not carebear, but most people could still offer a "good fight" after they got done owning you. Definitely not what I saw last time I played though.

I think that's it for now. But based on what I have listed, would you say things are better, equal, or worse than what I described?

Also, what's the deal with heals? I heard TL3 got nailed really hard, and Tl10 is the way to go now? How bad is it? Also, what's the deal with SL and Safezones now?

Thanks for reading. :)

sanityislost
24-04-06, 09:39
Hey sup dude, good to see you back on the forums.

About the drugging...yup alot of people use drugs now, hell i had a Apu who
used redflash for extra speed lol.I dont see anything wrong with it, people are
just looking for new ways to adjust there setups.
Back in the day before skill managers people would spend hours trying to find
out the perfect place for every single point.
Now its fairly standard knowledge....so people are turning to drugs to push
there setups even further.
its just part of the next neocron phase of setups.....once woc is out for every
class (if it ever is) people will turn to that to gave more of edge.

Monks...Yep there are alot of monks, but there are alot of xbow junkies also.
You could say its monk/xbow-o-cron.

PPU's.....still rather fucked when its you vs random class + ppu and you get
para & db spammed

shit talking elitist bitches....yar...there are fuckin loads of them

heals...work out a TL10 heal setup asap dude, tl3 heal is rather poo

Anyway dude, hope that fills in a few random blanks...need anything dm meh ingame

SiL ..:..

Nvidia
24-04-06, 09:52
Hey sup dude, good to see you back on the forums.

About the drugging...yup alot of people use drugs now, hell i had a Apu who
used redflash for extra speed lol.I dont see anything wrong with it, people are
just looking for new ways to adjust there setups.
Back in the day before skill managers people would spend hours trying to find
out the perfect place for every single point.
Now its fairly standard knowledge....so people are turning to drugs to push
there setups even further.
its just part of the next neocron phase of setups.....once woc is out for every
class (if it ever is) people will turn to that to gave more of edge.

Monks...Yep there are alot of monks, but there are alot of xbow junkies also.
You could say its monk/xbow-o-cron.

PPU's.....still rather fucked when its you vs random class + ppu and you get
para & db spammed

shit talking elitist bitches....yar...there are fuckin loads of them

heals...work out a TL10 heal setup asap dude, tl3 heal is rather poo

Anyway dude, hope that fills in a few random blanks...need anything dm meh ingame

sex sex sex for SiL. :D

A lot of what you told me is dissapointing to hear, but I was expecting it. :( Good old Neocron, eh? :lol:

I'll definitely let you know if I check things out - you and I can go tag team a PPU or something. :D

sanityislost
24-04-06, 10:04
Sex :P

Heh sweet, didnt wana sugar coat shit for ya....dont get me wrong the game is
still fun to play....but it can be a kick in the nuts at the same time :p

giga191
24-04-06, 13:35
Drugs: Just to quote dirus slightly, 2 factions are based on drugs, just because they didn't used to be used doesn't mean that they shouldn't have been.

Assholes: Join a clan that has no people like this in, and kill everyone else :lol:

unreal
24-04-06, 15:28
Can't say I like the atmosphere much lately myself. Basically everyone has woc 1 now, until a couple of days ago it didn't seem the Ceres Lab fuckup was THAT bad. This means that almost every Spy or PE you see is using a Crossbow, which for TL100, is WAY overpowered (since it's more powerful than an xray Executioner which is TL113.
The "I'm fucking leety hot shit and you're just the dirt on my shoes" attitude. Last time I was in game, besides a few friends from Pluto (<3 Trill! :)), everyone I talked to had that general attitude going. Neocron used to have a much more friendly atmosphere - no, not carebear, but most people could still offer a "good fight" after they got done owning you. Definitely not what I saw last time I played though.That's still there, probably always will be in any game unless you ban them all. heh I'm really not liking Neocron at the moment as far as PvP is concerned, or lack of PvP I should say. The new zerg clan is Death Row, as FF have died quite a bit of late as someone did something naughty with lores account, but won't go into that here. They all think they "pwn" because they log at least 2 PPU's (yesterday they logged at least 4) to para and damage boost the living shit out of everything that moves.

I don't know about you but personally I think this is the opposite of PvP and should be removed entirely. Being glued to the spot and forced to take almost double the damage isn't what I call balance, or PvP. These are a couple of the things that have made the better of the PvP community leave the game to play something else. It's kind of upsetting.

As far as drugs are concerned though, everyone still uses drugs because everyone wants their characters to be the best as they can, and this usually involves taking 1-3 drugs (such as using Beast to wear better armour and bit of extra runspeed, and Nightspider to boost Psi Use and obviously Psi). With the currently way unbalanced game, drugs are needed to give you every fighting chance at survival.

Resubscribe though. We need another anti-city to help kill the PPU bumplugs. I think I remember your rifle spy Nvidia too, always killing newbies at the bunker back then. lol :o

Bugs Gunny
24-04-06, 16:03
Yeah, it's funny how the clan that cried most about the overusage of ppus is now even worse than the clan they hate most.........

I've seen FF pull some ppuloving in the past , but in most DR fights i've seen at least one, sometimes 2 ppus per fighter.
I call this "pokephobia complex".

cRazy-
24-04-06, 17:18
I was a non-drugging PE for a while but now its became the normality, one person did it, then a few more, then more until it got to a point where most PE's you encountered used drug setups, and you had basically no chance against them, so to be viable you have to succumb to it :/

CMaster
24-04-06, 18:33
I was a non-drugging PE for a while but now its became the normality, one person did it, then a few more, then more until it got to a point where most PE's you encountered used drug setups, and you had basically no chance against them, so to be viable you have to succumb to it :/
Drugs should give new options.
Instead they give advantages. (to certain classes).

RogerRamjet
24-04-06, 18:51
Most of the PEs you didnt want to meet in PP on uranus were drugged to the eye balls back then.

"Xantor always dies standing" lol

Glok
24-04-06, 19:00
The atmosphere sucks. Those damn mutants keep farting, I swear sometimes it's like a fartstorm. It's gotten so bad that most runners who go to do 'population control' end up bent over and gagging before they even get near a mutant hideout. Times have never been this bad. :(

cRazy-
24-04-06, 19:07
The Atmosphere is almost inhabitable because myself and Roger have such overwhelming male musks.

Mr_Snow
24-04-06, 19:51
Most of the PEs you didnt want to meet in PP on uranus were drugged to the eye balls back then.

"Xantor always dies standing" lol
Xantor when not finding new ways to haxxor, qd, fang, cant really think of many others

SorkZmok
24-04-06, 20:08
Xantor when not finding new ways to haxxor, qd, fang, cant really think of many othersThere was a few others but i really cant remember many names right now. Hivemind, that's all i can think of now.

And about xantor haxxing, i hardly doubt he ever did. He didn't have to. :)

LiL T
24-04-06, 20:26

My non drug no damage boosting PE would still gank the shit out people now, it was fast lowhealth and no one playing now would be able to hit it. :p

It was a pure bleeder setup based around resist and speed, and no fucker could hit it very easyly. The damage boost explosive earp made me change the ways i attacked people.

Bugs Gunny
24-04-06, 20:52
T, i remember your pe back in nc1, it was indeed a feared one using the libby.

RogerRamjet
24-04-06, 22:00
There was a few others but i really cant remember many names right now. Hivemind, that's all i can think of now.

And about xantor haxxing, i hardly doubt he ever did. He didn't have to. :)

Hivemind, Xantor, QD, Rabbi, Revengers Eye, Doc Holliday, Obi/Ostrich, ch1mp? John Digweed, Seisma, Sir Ramic Hobbs(when he actually bothered to set himself up).

Theres tons more, a few from cartel i cant remember the names of.