PDA

View Full Version : Still worth a look?

Oldtimer
23-04-06, 22:29
Hey there, I'm a long ago player of NC1, left when NC2 came out. Just wondering if much has changed, or worth coming back to have a little peek?

Thx

mart
mart2
r@ge
lacerator
Crazy Spy

Pantho
24-04-06, 05:41
Its always worth coming back, You now the NeoCrack will win, just Collapse now and join

-PS, Or read the other 65 threds per week, that have this title

Oldtimer
25-04-06, 11:18
Well one of the big things that doesn't make me come back at present is bugs and more importantly the memory leak which was there on nc2 release. I played nc1 from retail till it's death and loved it. 600 players online on Uranus everynight was nice. Bugs was a major reason that population diminished so fast.

So quick question. Is the memory leak still here, because that is enough to not bring me back. It was the reason I left in the first place. If I do come back, I'll be gutted a threw 8 mc5 chips and all my weapons :P

Bugs Gunny
25-04-06, 11:21
Well one of the big things that doesn't make me come back at present is bugs ...... Bugs was a major reason that population diminished so fast.

I think you're overreacting ......
I'm not that bad.

Now on a more serious note. The bugs are still here, the bugged inventory, synching into someone elses appartement, fres (although less), memory leak is still here. The one thing that's no longer here is 600 population, you'll be lucky to get 200 on terra in the weekends.

crowthedark
25-04-06, 11:23
I think you're overreacting ......
I'm not that bad.

Now on a more serious note. The bugs are still here, the bugged inventory, synching into someone elses appartement, fres (although less), memory leak is still here. The one thing that's no longer here is 600 population, you'll be lucky to get 200 on terra in the weekends.

Nice situation.

Bugs Gunny
25-04-06, 11:36
The positive things are that ppus got nerfed a bit and there's more content thrown in.

crowthedark
25-04-06, 11:40
Which inventory bug?
Are item losses frequent?

Nidhogg
25-04-06, 11:49
Yeah, and that's really encouraging. Thanks ever so much for that post. The crashes are far less, the issue where you sync into someone else's body or apartment occurs once in a blue moon (and when you're in someone else's apartment you can't do anything except leave), and the memory leak doesn't seem to affect everyone. Yes populations in-game are down and posts like yours are never going to help that situation. :/

N

/edit -@the newcomers - give the game a try. I guarantee that you won't find anything like it anywhere else.

Pantho
25-04-06, 12:04
I REALLY Advise trying the game - But Nid, your wrong, Myself and others always zone into other people's body's and appartments .

I was in plaza 2 on my anti, and got pulled into a APU's app... Saved me from copbots and i killed the APU- Score allround tbh.

-edit - Oh and ive played for 20 hours straight during teh hols, Not one Fatal. not sure about mem leak, dont think i get it,.

Bugs Gunny
25-04-06, 12:34
Nidhogg, there's no point in me lying about it is there?
As usual it seems the KK employees don't suffer from the bugs and problems us regular players have, but maybe that's because of this :

Carnage: If i have time and feel like doing something at the computer in the evening, i log in occasionally on my Tradechar on Mars, but for intensive Clanplay there really isn't the time.

The memleak causes me and most people i know to be forced to restart the game every hour or so, depending on how much ram you have.
fres do happen still.
Synching into someone's body or appartement is rather frequent, i get it once or twice a week.
And yes, populations are low, and it's honestly not my nor other player's fault. I'm sure a post evo 2.1 release marketing analysis has give you guys all the reasons why people didn't stay. A rollback, bugged new content and an epic item that disappeared when you put ammo in it, even after the fixpatch were amongst them.
So you can believe this game to be bugfree and amazing, i only see a good concept that's badly managed and implemented.

But since it's nearing spring and i'm a good mood i'll throw in a lie of you want.
Populations are great, the game is almost bugfree and the soullight rules are amazing. The Dome and hacknet are absolutely amazing places filled with life and things to do. Oh and pvp is completely ballanced now.

crowthedark
25-04-06, 12:37
Population is the best good-health mmorpg indicator. Low pop = shit situation.
I love neocron, i don't think I'll come. Not for what bugs says, but for what I see from reakktor officers. Like always...

Nidhogg
25-04-06, 12:54
I love neocron, i don't think I'll come. Not for what bugs says, but for what I see from reakktor officers. Like always...
DarkCrow, just because you had a bad experience when your backpack was lost last time you were here doesn't mean that you should expect the same if you came back now. I would still advise you giving it a go.

N

ZoVoS
25-04-06, 13:00

if ur looking for the best. bug free. perfect mmo out there then u aint gona find it in neocron... but like... if your looking for the best mmo expiriance then neocron wins hands down. do you think nebody would be hear atal if neocron even with its faults didnt provide more fun that the other games... i have played pritty much them all and neocron is still the most enjoyable on the market. even if its not the most stable0

Bugs Gunny
25-04-06, 13:03
Crow if the problem was with your backpack.... well then i have good news for you :-)

BACKPACKS ARE GONE !!!

crowthedark
25-04-06, 13:30
First of all I've played this mmorpg more than many pps out there. So don't try to teach me what's good and what's not good in NC.

I love the old NC. I repeat, with ALL ITS BUG. But I don't like what I see around here.

Soul light rules, 2 faction, low peps...too many things i don't like. I don't want to put here a list. I don't care. I just smile when i see a "copbot" telling me: everything's good.

Cmon.

EDIT: i've lost three 5'slotted spells, my ppu pc, and other items. It's not good when you work and can play just 2-3 hours a day. But this is not why I dont come over here.

Nidhogg
25-04-06, 13:54
I don't want to put here a list. I don't care. I just smile when i see a "copbot" telling me: everything's good.
Why are you posting if you don't care? Also, where did I say everything was good?

N

Pantho
25-04-06, 14:13
well all ur NC1 Items have now gone.

But i still advise palying this game, HELL Just make a Trial acc, Play for 10 days. See if you enjoy it.

Deanus_willis
05-05-06, 19:16
Hes right, I played every MMO under the sun and im coming back to NC (again) this weekend. Im bored of them all and NC is still the most fun I have had at a desk. Come back... give in

silent000
05-05-06, 21:39
When i grow up i wanna be Nidhogg

But yeh come play this game.....yes there are bugs that r rele annoying but the game is amazing and no amount of bugs can make it any more crapper than any other game. So play it!

Bredahl
06-05-06, 02:59
hmm.. i kinda have to say this..
i get MAX 1 fatal error per day(BUT there is the shitty days where fatals happens alot, but its rare).
bugged when looging in? hmm that happens.. 1 or 2 time per week i think..
sync into another dude apartment, yes that happens too.. but tbh i cant remember when i synced into another guys apartment.. happens for me MAX 1 time per month.
memory leaks? dunno what the hell that is (dunno shit about computers), but i really dont have any problems.. can play a whole day without any shit happening for me..
oh and my computer is NOT a sick-ass-motherfucker-insane-monster.. its 3years old, when i bought it, it was crap and guess what, it still is ;)

EDIT: the server pop is really not THAT big of a problem, well at shitty hours it is, but at peak there plenty of tradeskillers, pvpers, teams and last time i was OP'ing there was usualy opwars everyday (havent OP'ed in several month though).
Oh and i play almost everyday for 3-6 hours and weekends alot more..

sry for my not-so-sexy english.. im a little drunk and VERY tired :angel:

Earthquake
06-05-06, 16:14
I think that only reason why Neocron is still alive is because it's the only cyberpunk mmorpg :wtf:

Nidhogg
06-05-06, 16:58
I think that only reason why Neocron is still alive is because it's the only cyberpunk mmorpg :wtf:
It isn't the only cyberpunk mmorpg.

N

NAPPER
06-05-06, 19:59
It isn't the only cyberpunk mmorpg.

N

yes but want other cyberpunk game offers the pvp skill and FREd you get with this one lol

RogerRamjet
06-05-06, 20:27
FREs are built in so you dont spend days hooked up on neocrack.

Its good to remind yourself what your desktop looks like.

Dogface
07-05-06, 22:02
Especially if you make it look like a window onto the outside.

First of all I've played this mmorpg more than many pps out there. So don't try to teach me what's good and what's not good in NC.

That's quite a statement.

Apocalypsox
07-05-06, 22:20

and sometimes you fatal and go OH SHIT I WAS SUPPOSED TO MEET MY GF HALF AN HOUR AGO :lol:

RogerRamjet
08-05-06, 00:45
and sometimes you fatal and go OH SHIT I WAS SUPPOSED TO MEET MY GF HALF AN HOUR AGO :lol:

And sometimes "oh shit i still havent got a GF. Oh well, wonder if theres anyone at El Farid" :lol:

SuperSeb
13-05-06, 22:06
Nidhogg Got Pwned Lolololololololololol

NAPPER
14-05-06, 00:15

how did he get pwned ???

onero S
15-05-06, 02:56
Give the game a try, re balancing is about to occur which will make all classes more playable.

Also if you check the story line, it seems like the two sided faction system may be shifting not too long from now.

With the class revamp op waring should go up as it is more fun for everyone. All in all I would come back, aside from low pop atm the game is at its best and the pop really should come up once the revamps come out.

Dogface
15-05-06, 09:13

Sometimes intelligence just shines through, doesn't it?

Metamorphosis
07-06-06, 08:01

What exactly is FREs? They have a timer on Neocron to prevent you playing more then so many hours now?

Serrano
07-06-06, 09:47
I will test this at the weekend, 48 hour Neocrack spree here I come :D

Gotta get that damn droner capped :lol:

cMz
07-06-06, 15:20
FRE = Fatal Runtime Error, when your client just stops working and you suddenly go back to the nice Windows background :-)

Pantho
08-06-06, 16:31
+sms i / sms o
+sms o / sms i
/sms o

Nice way to experiece a fatal, just Type this!

Pantho
08-06-06, 16:32
What exactly is FREs? They have a timer on Neocron to prevent you playing more then so many hours now?

:O ! New sig!

dogman jones
09-06-06, 01:07
Neocron is unlike any other game out there. It is truly original. My friends and I played it constantly for 2 years. We had a hell of a time. (LONG LIVE d5g!)

The reason why we stopped: population. If you want the game to survive, you need more players. The game was that good to let (most) of the bug issues pass.

WoW, EQ, SWG, CoH, PS, .. have nothing on an OP fight with 50 on 50. Believe me I know, Ive played them all. The chaos, the bloodshed, my heart pounded. Fucking awesome time. But when you eventually logged in and had to spam for an hour to get a poke... pffft.

I blame advertising. The US is where the players are, and barely anyone over here has heard of it.