PDA

View Full Version : Physx

rob444
23-04-06, 11:50
I got this url yesterday and I wet my pants (drewled too much), I made a search on the forum but couldn't find anyone that had posted this url before, make sure you check out all vids, save the best to the last called "Cellfactor" ^^.

http://physx.ageia.com/footage.html

I'm SO going to buy that card..

athon
23-04-06, 12:20
I'll probably be getting one of these. Fallen Earth and UT2007 are going to use it, and I wouldn't be surprised if other games start using this tech soon.

Radamez
23-04-06, 12:23
Just when you think you won't have to upgrade for a while.. :lol:

(Though any PC owner that thinks that is a fool!!)

Terayon
23-04-06, 13:34
Im not going to pay 200$ so that when i shoot a dumpster it looks better in some games. 8|

Dogface
23-04-06, 14:08
Although it's sexy, Terayon is right.

athon
23-04-06, 14:48
Im not going to pay 200$ so that when i shoot a dumpster it looks better in some games. 8|
I could be wrong, but as I understand it, when games are using physX they should also be throwing some of the load they normally put on your CPU onto the card, thus improving performance generally.

Also, the technology is still relatively new, so I would suspect that even by the time the games I'm waiting on (UT2007 and Fallen Earth) come out the price will probably have dropped - and if it hasn't, its an optional card so I can always wait a few months.

Nidhogg
23-04-06, 16:03
It's more than just a card. It's also an SDK that can be used without any extra hardware, though the company has said that the XBOX360 won't be able to support the fluidic effects (whereas the Playstation 3 can). ;)

N

Dogface
23-04-06, 16:13
Also, the technology is still relatively new, so I would suspect that even by the time the games I'm waiting on (UT2007 and Fallen Earth) come out the price will probably have dropped - and if it hasn't, its an optional card so I can always wait a few months.

By the time FE and UT2007 come out, there may even be something better out.

Plight
23-04-06, 16:33
It's more than just a card. It's also an SDK that can be used without any extra hardware, though the company has said that the XBOX360 won't be able to support the fluidic effects (whereas the Playstation 3 can). ;)

N

May be able to support it, if people ever learn how to work witht he damn thing. PS3 devs are bitching about the sdk for it. :D

n3m
23-04-06, 16:34
I suspect this will walk the same path as Graphic cards did/do.

In a few years everyone will drool over the next card when
they've just spent 200 bucks on their current one :p
Cellfactor and Rainbow six look really good.
The fluid one, however looks really ugly :s

RogerRamjet
23-04-06, 17:49
I heard it can also do your ironing and make an amazing lasagne.

Dogface
23-04-06, 17:51
[ edited - the meaning of that error message is "your post is spam" ]