PDA

View Full Version : How's Life And War in Neocron Lately?

NestorPL
22-04-06, 02:26
Avast ye lads!

I have to admit i've been approaching neocron serveral times.. NC1 beta.. great game, fun stuff, lots of people - no money to play for it. NC 2 beta, still fun, somewhat better (they said so) engine, still no money. NC2 trial some months ago.. warzone at plaza 1, dead city, no players.

Now, after being bored of UO, eve online, wow and other MMO's around i took another trial. Servers have been consolidated, i actually can get a poke and const every now and then, i see some people running around, not as massive as the genre would suggest, but certainly not dead.

But then, i take a look at the world map, finding like 3 ops that do not belong to procity. I must make a disclaimer here that im a total noob where it comes to opwars and pvp in general. That being said, im scared that there's no actual pvp, opwars and other shizzle in the world because one side is utterly overwhelming the other, beating it into submission.
I saw some people hugging today in the military base entrance (went there on foot at lv 26, fun stuff - aspecially last two sectors), but that's not really pvp. I've escaped WoW's isntant pvp action and combat rank farming to get some meaningfull pvp, some place to call my own and to defend and other places to conquer.
Provided that I'm procity myself, does that mean that i have to attack the 3 other ops in the world to actually take them, or i can ninja hack those that deathrow holds? :P
Because if i need to reroll anti-city to get some actual action, then its kinda game over for me. Things that do not suck in DOY can be counted on fingers of one hand, and first part of the game is important for me :)

I'm thinking of subscribing to the game and two of my friends think about returning to it (Heroine and Ash from FF if anyone remembers those), but is it worth it at current state of things? Maybe its better to wait like 3 next months till KK merges all servers into one and brings some actual action to the table and rebalance the game?

Things that im afraid of atm : unbalanced opwars or lack thereof, bugs that been in game since NC1, click2pay, underpopulation, zoning (damn its XXIst century :P).

What's your stance on things, and would you say that its worth to dish 30e on it or not? :)

Disclaimer: im a noob exploring the game, so i may not know some mechanics or other detailed stuff, be gentle ;]

mdares
22-04-06, 03:40
i find neocron to be an acquired taste...
if ur into rough and tumble, senseless action where u want it if u go get it, somewut skill oriented, and enjoy the widely available hostility, then nothing will beat nc...

if on the other hand u want something vain and shallow (i.e.: "omg im a lvl 70 pally with full tier2 epixz! lolol! me > j00z!"), then ur in the wrong game.

i just think that nc is just so much more relaxing than most mmos. and best part is that its actually fun (for those of us who likes this stuff).

as for DR dominating the map, i think it was cuz lots of people in other clans just quit tbh... like AD, FF, R2K lost a lot of people cuz they were getting bored of the same old routine of cap op -> log -> op gets ninjaed -> repeat.

i too quit for some time but came back again and again (btw faction hopping isnt cheap for those of us who dunt play much).

as for pvp, check battledome, drt, crp, pp1-3, mb (altho i personally think zonefighting is gay), and a lot of the desert zones where people go to farm and go piss em off =p

or u can always join some faction who has some neutrals on the same side so u can still gank neutrals and not lose quite as much SL =p (then just go afk in TH for a few hours =D)

Kierz
22-04-06, 11:39
But then, i take a look at the world map, finding like 3 ops that do not belong to procity.well r2k and AD went inactive some while ago (think they're both playing wow now =/) which pretty much left just FF and DR, but FF have kinda stopped fighting back as much (not sure why, I left recently) but there's a few smaller clans that CAN take op's, but DR just keep fighting non-stop and never give it a rest. So eventually you get bored of all their constant cheating/exploiting (they're still not even that good so you can kinda ignore it most of the time) and they take the op back as you all log off to go to sleep or whatever after fighting and beating them hands down for 2+ hours.

heh such sore losers...

giga191
22-04-06, 12:03
well r2k and AD went inactive some while ago (think they're both playing wow now =/) which pretty much left just FF and DR, but FF have kinda stopped fighting back as much (not sure why, I left recently) but there's a few smaller clans that CAN take op's, but DR just keep fighting non-stop and never give it a rest. So eventually you get bored of all their constant cheating/exploiting (they're still not even that good so you can kinda ignore it most of the time) and they take the op back as you all log off to go to sleep or whatever after fighting and beating them hands down for 2+ hours.

heh such sore losers... reminds me of when you fought along side the DR zerg vs a smaller clan (love)

eLcHi
22-04-06, 13:02
I think you could say FF is on vacation atm :angel:

We had a lot of people going somewhere and they just now start to return. And we had a little incident with an now ex-member who kicked almost everyone. But things are getting back on track :D

Kierz
22-04-06, 15:18
reminds me of when you fought along side the DR zerg vs a smaller clan (love)meh.. at the time I was told it was you that was zerging, I was bored and was chatting to vegah at the time (so kill me for talking to pro-city ppl) and they asked for my help so I came. anyway I helped you guys ninja cycrow/tezla off them the next day or something (btw, taking tezla after they no-showed cycrow was kinda lame...)

Ras Klaat
22-04-06, 18:40
everything is all about opinions and which side you are viewing from, as you can read from the posts above.
less complaining and more fighting please.

pabz
22-04-06, 19:06
Its a numbers game.

NestorPL
23-04-06, 02:21
Thanks for replies, but the main concern still stays untouched.

Will there be any opwar action anytime soon or not? People comming back? Clans switching to anti-city?

Levelling in neocron is kind of easy and fast, but a bit dull nevertheless. After capping a char, getting decent items and cash would take like a week or so, and then its just minor effiency additions here and there, some epic run etc.

AFAIK there are no 'uber' dungeons with destroyer-of-worlds type weapons and big megaboss that would drop those, but i might be wrong. But if im right, there's no real PVE except farming and hacking warbots and occasional fierce bat in the desert.

PvP is what this game is renowed for, and opwars aspecially, after maxing char there's not much to do except fighting and defending turf.

If community wont hit on that aspect of the game, what is the point of playing if we take the basic fun out?

Deathrow switch to anti plx, and lets get some sport started :)

Kame
23-04-06, 02:47
Just WHAT THE HELL YOU THINK YOU TALKING ABOUT ??!!

April last year;
Before Death Row, FF owned most of the map, and had it split with Reservoir Dogz, (TG and CM) and they basically never attacked each other as ppl had chars in both clans.
There was smaller clans forming trying to come up and the most noticeable was SoldierZ.
Pro City side was getting zerged.

This year;
Death Row has been the most established and fastest growing Pro City clan.
About 2 months after the creation, they were fighting the 2 biggest doy clans (FF+R2K).
Those clans have obviously took a break from OP waring.Hopefully they will be back in the near future.
Jini's clan has been the best up-and-coming doy clan weve seen in a long time.
I think they had some stuff to be sorting regarding the name or something, but i belive that will be sorted soon enough.

But simply as it is right now, and from our point of view, we came from nothing, and now we the #1 force on the procity side, if not on the server.
Were not about to change anything for whoever as we all put time+effort into making this clan. Us switching is out of the question.

If you wanna fight Death Row, no problem, tell me your in-game name and ill make sure I kill you when I come across you.

mdares
23-04-06, 02:48
there r opfights; but its hard to find them because many many moons ago, in the days of closing nc1, a lot of US players grouped to be pro-city, while Euro players grouped to be anti-city.

hence now u have a majority US on the pro side and majority Euro on antiside. (well ok this isnt NOW but it was near start of nc2; but the latter point still applies)

so then we had a problem: because of timezone differences, actually coordinating a large opfight was difficult. plus most times when one side actually goes to provok the other, the other side rarely has equal numbers on. then the few remaining just decide to ignore it till they get more players.

now dont go on about "call allies" and stuff cuz frankly the clan relationships in nc arent that good (atleast not between some of hte pro-city clans).

so yeah there u have it... the only true identifiable enemy to opfighting (other than monkies and kami whores) is the timezone differences...

NestorPL
23-04-06, 03:24
If you wanna fight Death Row, no problem, tell me your in-game name and ill make sure I kill you when I come across you.

First of all, congrats on your success with establishing pro-city out there. Second, dont get so fired up because im only speculating and trying to find an environment to fit and fight in :)

I've heard this quote in some shitty trance tune, but it got burned in the back of my brain forever :

If there is no other side, you have missed the entire point of the war

Quite self explanatory, if you kill everyone, there's no one else to fight with. As I am procity, there doesnt seem to be much resistance, except for the ops just next to doy, and i dont feel like joining a procity clan and get sentry mission in jeriko ;]
On the other hand, i dont want to switch to anticity (due to several reasons) and get my ass whopped everytime i peek my nose out of the local trashcan (which seems to be the mindset of too many people).

All i'm saying is that you guys need some serious resistance to keep the sport up, instead of getting fat and sloppy :)

Mdares has a point too, i totally forgot that US people play this game too, and on the same server :P

Don't get me wrong, i want some fun and competition in the game, not undermine someone's position. Grats on success etc :)

Kierz
23-04-06, 19:21
All i'm saying is that you guys need some serious resistance to keep the sport up, instead of getting fat and sloppy :)I'm not sure what part of "they take the op back as you all log off to go to sleep" you don't get.. the map is very misguiding.. if there was a way of showing who were the last 2 clans to have an ACTUAL op fight at each op and who won, the map would be a lot more colourfull.

Glok
23-04-06, 19:44
I saw some people hugging today in the military base entrancehahaha that's great. Hugging!

Yeah I don't have much to add, but all my chars are procity, and my tradeskiller loves the procity dominance of the OPs. Once that turns around, he will again be earning his clan tag. :o

pabz
24-04-06, 20:01
Jini's clan has been the best up-and-coming doy clan weve seen in a long time.

Awww Jini would be proud...

But where is he ? :angel:

RogerRamjet
25-04-06, 00:04
Kame you forgot NC Elite.

At one point we turned around and just kicked Res Dogs from the map, the leader quit for a bit an everything, was great times.