View Full Version : Running infront of people to lose SL

cRazy-
22-04-06, 02:16
Well ive met the first person today whos actually made a trial account and a 0/2 CM tank whos purposly running infront of people at MB so they lose SL.

Is there any official word on a solution to this problem because without PvP in places like MB theres not much left for me to continue playing.

Bredahl
22-04-06, 02:21
just make a TSU PE with only epic stuff, and keep killing the fuckers.. trust me, they get bored after been killed 50 times ;)
edit: or go somewhere else to pvp.. and yes i know that theres always ppl to fight there, and i have been there MANY times, but judge and 0/2 CMs is NOT good :rolleyes:

Necpock
22-04-06, 02:43
Yah, that was the last straw for me... last time i left.

virgil caine
23-04-06, 00:08
That kind of behavior would be considered griefing by the GM's I would expect. Report the guy.

Bugs Gunny
23-04-06, 00:24
I got one sl hit from toilet duck and i think another one from that guy.
Pulled my le with 75 sl one run at mb and now -46.
And no, gms don't seem to care, toilet duck has been doing it for months now.

I've just bought fomk and i'm joining assurmen and average joe.

Apocalypsox
23-04-06, 00:39
Assman is back in NC. and thats nothing Bugs. i shot one guy on WArbot Titan with my SH and (he died) and went from 50 sl to -42. atleast you got two kills out of your SL load 8|

NestorPL
23-04-06, 02:13
I got one sl hit from toilet duck and i think another one from that guy.
Pulled my le with 75 sl one run at mb and now -46.
And no, gms don't seem to care, toilet duck has been doing it for months now.

I've just bought fomk and i'm joining assurmen and average joe.

I was wondering what happened, because earlier today i saw you at Plaza1, then I'm at MB and I see you running with red letters all over O_o

Pretty lame tactic with noob runs to ruin people's rep.

On one hand it protect the noobs from the ganktards, or promotes more or less fair fighting, on the other hand its the tool to exploit the protection.

But! The LE is there for a reason, if someone takes it out then he should face the consequences of this action, and killing low levels shouldnt be penalised.

In WOW low levels often die to high levels, and people demanded penality for ganking, but developers declined that, because with game mechanics a noob would often run into AOE field to die an penalize whole group, which would be unfair for them. Thus, there are no penalties, but then, characters dont drop anything, unlike here..

LE is the universal remedy for all exploits, and NC should stick to that.

Bugs Gunny
23-04-06, 04:55
The whole system got fucked with evo 2.1.
It's so easy to get people to red sl, hell go to a leveling area run in the aoe and then send other teammates in to hack the red belts.

unreal
23-04-06, 05:07
In WOW low levels often die to high levels, and people demanded penality for ganking, but developers declined that, because with game mechanics a noob would often run into AOE field to die an penalize whole group, which would be unfair for them. Thus, there are no penalties, but then, characters dont drop anything, unlike here..

LE is the universal remedy for all exploits, and NC should stick to that.I really don't agree. Keeping your LE in isn't an excuse for having a totally screwed penalty system, which causes you to waste lots of time afterwards, such as losing an insane amount of sympathy with a neutral or allied faction when defending yourself, only being able to get it back by doing hours or days doing missions.

Dogface
23-04-06, 05:41
We shouldn't have to resort to putting an LE in just to keep our soullight safe from people who exploit the system. Would you really want everyone to have their LE in if they didnt like the SL rules? NO, so shut it and make a real suggestion.

:angel:

Alchemist
23-04-06, 06:59
got one thing to say....

fuck this shit game...

I, also, am leaving this game due to the fact that it sucks now.

Apocalypsox
23-04-06, 07:04
the game doesnt suck alchemist, you just cant handle the fact you suck at the game ;)

Asurmen Spec Op
23-04-06, 08:47
Assman is back in NC. and thats nothing Bugs. i shot one guy on WArbot Titan with my SH and (he died) and went from 50 sl to -42. atleast you got two kills out of your SL load 8|
Back doesnt mean I play it more than I play FoM

Apocalypsox
23-04-06, 09:36
fox suxx0rz my s0xx0rz tbh. TW4TW

NestorPL
23-04-06, 12:42
I really don't agree. Keeping your LE in isn't an excuse for having a totally screwed penalty system, which causes you to waste lots of time afterwards, such as losing an insane amount of sympathy with a neutral or allied faction when defending yourself, only being able to get it back by doing hours or days doing missions.

You missed my point, or i didnt make myself clear enough.

What i meant is that SL penalty system should be removed, and noobs that dont want to get ganked should keep their LE in. If you remove your LE, you're up for fighting, any fighting, if you keep it in - you're safe from the dangers of society ;]

SorkZmok
23-04-06, 12:56
You missed my point, or i didnt make myself clear enough.

What i meant is that SL penalty system should be removed, and noobs that dont want to get ganked should keep their LE in. If you remove your LE, you're up for fighting, any fighting, if you keep it in - you're safe from the dangers of society ;]
You are one of very very few people who think that way.

I'd like it though. :)

RogerRamjet
23-04-06, 12:58
You are one of very very few people who think that way.

I'd like it though. :)

/agree.

I think DJ has forwarded a similar idea a few times.

Dogface
23-04-06, 14:00
I don't think the point is noobs getting ganked, it's noobs deliberately getting themselves ganked to make other people lose SL.

Alchemist
23-04-06, 17:21
the game doesnt suck alchemist, you just cant handle the fact you suck at the game ;)

Yeah, k dude...

to me, this game is still in beta... and I don't wanna be paying for a beta... if you wanted me to list all the shit thats wrong with this game then I would be glad to do so.

this game sucks :)

Asurmen Spec Op
23-04-06, 18:45
Remove SL, it has no point atall
fixed.

Dogface
23-04-06, 19:11
Sorted.

Ally PKing would be over the top though.

Kame
23-04-06, 19:20
Ally killing really isnt the biggest problem of this game.

Dogface
23-04-06, 19:28
We're not talking about the biggest problems.

Asurmen Spec Op
23-04-06, 21:21
Ally PK shouldnt, and obviously cant, be controled by GAME mechanics, if the community doesnt want allied PKing then they should do something themselves to stop it.

Dogface
23-04-06, 21:59
Don't really agree there.

There's sod-all the community can do to lessen it.

It's just at the moment, soullight is the difference between dropping one item and dropping five. Nothing less and nothing more. It basically means nothing because it can be gained so easily.

I say don't give a soullight reward more than once for killing the same person several times in a certain time space. Simple. Possibly even have them KoS to guards for a certain amount of time depending on SL, not just while they're red.

Something definately needs to be done about soullight.

Asurmen Spec Op
23-04-06, 22:57
The community has alot more control, if the community was so anti-allied PKing they could band together and KoS em and it would be noticable.
However, most the community is allied PKers.

Brammers
24-04-06, 02:53
However, most the community is allied PKers.

However, most the community is bored so they ally-PK.

Pantho
24-04-06, 02:57
well my main clan has been a Black DRagon clan with the moto - Kill all but Family which was Fellow Black Dragons, So err yea, lol... but im a changed man :angel: :angel: :angel: honest

lol, ill PK anyways but FA and BD atm :),

-edit, apart from the 1 BD clan and the 1 FA clan - Clan doY have had my shower of Bullets and HL's , and clan DOME is always fun to Blow up now and again , -

unreal
24-04-06, 03:27
It's a shame how all the decent people who prefer not to hug the zone lines at MB unlike Crazy and Ass Warts have started to leave the game. Asurmen and a large portion of the other good PvPers have got fed up, and left to play something, now Gunnar said he's leaving to join them too. It's getting increasingly more difficult to find people to fight, unless you want a shower of Parashock from Death Row PPU's landed on you at Cycrow.

It's also noticable that pretty much every PE or Spy is using a Crossbow as a primary weapon as of late, all because of a certain incident. It adds even more to the boring-ness of Neocron "PvP". I think apart from the Crossbow being extremely powerful for a TL100 weapon, most people would favour it because of its clip size. The reload nerf making monks even more deadly, which they were to begin with, has made people prefer using the Crossbow, so they can keep firing at their target rather than having to reload for an hour every time their clip is used up.

Just a few hours ago someone to be unnamed here was going on about how there's hardly anything to do, unless as I mentioned, you want to get Para zerged at Cycrow. MB is just full of carebears, who despite the fact they have safe slots and generally PPU buttpluggs, would rather whore around the stairs/doors to clip whore purposely than enjoy real PvP somewhere else. So there's not much point going there for fights, especially since the SL system is totally buggered, and people exploit this currently awful system to make people lose all their SL by doing what people have mentioned here.

Lack of population because of certain things that are easily changable (such as SoulLight issues) or removable (Parashock, Damage Boost, etc) are what's ruining the Neocron experience. One of the main problems is not having many other people to be bored with. Not to mention the payment system. My post in the Q&A section got removed, so I'll say it again. Why the hell does it take over 5 months to "review" payment methods? I could have a successful sex change and have both my arms and legs removed, then learn to walk again with new legs in that time. Wars have started and been over in quicker time.

Pantho
24-04-06, 03:34
I agrea with your post unreal, but whar wars have been over in 5 months,

Apart from one that is started and ended instantly with a Nice Pre-emptive strike (Forgive spelling tbh)

unreal
24-04-06, 03:39
The shortest war currently recorded is the Anglo-Zanzibar War which lasted just 45minutes.
I love the following quote from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Zanzibar_War :
Result: United Kingdom VictoriousFor the win.

Pantho
24-04-06, 03:45
:/ , More of a slaughter tbh, lol

Dogface
24-04-06, 09:25
It's a shame how all the decent people who prefer not to hug the zone lines at MB unlike Crazy and Ass Warts have started to leave the game. Asurmen and a large portion of the other good PvPers have got fed up, and left to play something, now Gunnar said he's leaving to join them too. It's getting increasingly more difficult to find people to fight, unless you want a shower of Parashock from Death Row PPU's landed on you at Cycrow.

It's also noticable that pretty much every PE or Spy is using a Crossbow as a primary weapon as of late, all because of a certain incident. It adds even more to the boring-ness of Neocron "PvP". I think apart from the Crossbow being extremely powerful for a TL100 weapon, most people would favour it because of its clip size. The reload nerf making monks even more deadly, which they were to begin with, has made people prefer using the Crossbow, so they can keep firing at their target rather than having to reload for an hour every time their clip is used up.

Just a few hours ago someone to be unnamed here was going on about how there's hardly anything to do, unless as I mentioned, you want to get Para zerged at Cycrow. MB is just full of carebears, who despite the fact they have safe slots and generally PPU buttpluggs, would rather whore around the stairs/doors to clip whore purposely than enjoy real PvP somewhere else. So there's not much point going there for fights, especially since the SL system is totally buggered, and people exploit this currently awful system to make people lose all their SL by doing what people have mentioned here.

Lack of population because of certain things that are easily changable (such as SoulLight issues) or removable (Parashock, Damage Boost, etc) are what's ruining the Neocron experience. One of the main problems is not having many other people to be bored with. Not to mention the payment system. My post in the Q&A section got removed, so I'll say it again. Why the hell does it take over 5 months to "review" payment methods? I could have a successful sex change and have both my arms and legs removed, then learn to walk again with new legs in that time. Wars have started and been over in quicker time.

Could not agree more I'm afraid !

Made bold for hilarity :lol:

[edit]

Am I a bad person for laughing at that war?

unreal
24-04-06, 15:30
heh It was a bit of a pathetic war, but still a war nonetheless, had to use it as an example to prove my point. :cool:

NestorPL
24-04-06, 15:51
Why the hell does it take over 5 months to "review" payment methods? I could have a successful sex change and have both my arms and legs removed, then learn to walk again with new legs in that time. Wars have started and been over in quicker time.

Try getting a french work permit while being a member of "New" EU. 1 year and still ticking ;]

Things can take long, aspecially when moderately competent supervisors leave the details and works to underinformed and incompetent subordinates ;]