PDA

View Full Version : Warbot Hunting Rifle Spy.

Tratos
21-04-06, 16:07
Would anyone like to knock up a set up purly for hunting warbots?
I've got a rifle spy who is set up for PvP and i rarely PvP nevermind with him so im putting him to work in the wastelands, if anyone has a setup for this or general guidelines i'd be most greatful as im currently ploughing through a crap load of college work so dont have time to sit and work out a decent setup but i could probably do the loming pretty easily while im sat here doing Geography :/

Id like to be able to use Stealth III (Since i guess im fecked for PvP with setting up for WB hunting) and not take many drugs or none at all preferably so i can just get up and go to get farming.

Any help is much appreciated.

CMaster
21-04-06, 16:23
I erm. Can't imagine why there'd be any difference between the setups. Just grab a redeemer and don't take the 7 and a half drugs you normally do for PvP...
Seeing as a PvP setup would likley cap the guns anyway, could quite feasibly hack (to warbot standards easily) and there's no need for a con setup hunting warbies on a rifler - you just outrange them.

Sylow
21-04-06, 16:25
Honestly, as long as you got enough hacking skill, you can't do too much wrong in setting up your character for warbot hunting.

Get a good gun with fire-mod, wear your PA and an energy resist belt and carry a supply of nightspider so you can give yourself SD. A bit of recycling makes sense so you can restock your drug and ammo supplies on the way but that's already secondary.

The "rest" is about how you use cover, kill it before it shoots at you and how to hack it without getting killed while being in the hacking screeen.

Tratos
21-04-06, 16:27
Well my current setup requires various really really annoying processes to get my PA on, which involves the use of two drugs and a recycle glove due to str implants although i suppose i could grab a lower PA.

Why a redeemer? i thought it was utter crap?

CMaster
21-04-06, 16:32
But since you asked:
http://nc.synergyxr.net/setups/?setup=140
Warbot hunting as shown.
Pop a nightspider, a beast and wear some Inq 1 and its a PvP setup.
Redeemer = Best warbot hunting rifle. This setup here just require a rec glove and a single cheap drug to get PA on. Once its on, you can always relog+zone to activate it. Or you could just slap PA2 on for hunting.

Tratos
21-04-06, 16:40
That is pretty much my actual current setup, lol just need to swap out some armour and find myself a good redeemer.

Thanks CMaster.

CMaster
21-04-06, 16:44
That is pretty much my actual current setup, lol just need to swap out some armour and find myself a good redeemer.

Thanks CMaster.

Well, could always go out with a Healing Light instead. Theres not a lot to choose between them and it works better at close range. Just redeemer does great damage, doesnt wreck your HL on hunting, and hey, its god's own photon torpedo launcher.

SorkZmok
21-04-06, 17:10
-----------Intelligenz-----------
Current: 99 -1
Skill: Hacking = 100 15
Skill: Barter = 0 -5
Skill: PSI Use = 106 20
Skill: Weapon Lore = 138 38
Skill: Construction = 0 0
Skill: Research = 0 0
Skill: Implant = 100 20
Skill: Willpower = 0 0

-----------Stärke-----------
Current: 49 9
Skill: Melee Combat = 14 14
Skill: Heavy Combat = 6 6
Skill: Transport = 81 6
Skill: Resist Force = 83 8

-----------Konstitution-----------
Current: 46 6
Skill: Athletics = 74 8
Skill: Body Health = 114 43
Skill: Endurance = 0 -2
Skill: Resist Fire = 0 0
Skill: Resist Energy = 36 0
Skill: Resist X-Ray = 0 -5
Skill: Resist Poison = 0 -10

-----------Geschicklichkeit-----------
Current: 107 7
Skill: Pistol Combat = 0 -25
Skill: Rifle Combat = 183 45
Skill: HighTech Combat = 90 17
Skill: Vehicle Use = 0 0
Skill: Agility = 74 17
Skill: Repair = 0 0
Skill: Recycle = 0 0
Skill: Remote Control = 0 0

-----------PSI-----------
Current: 25 5
Skill: Passive PSI Use = 56 0
Skill: Agressive PSI Use = 0 0
Skill: Mental Steadiness = 31 0
Skill: PSI Power = 4 0
Skill: Resist PSI = 0 0

-----------Extra-----------
Current: 0 0

-------Character Inventory-------
Duranit Helmet 1 (Helmet)
Heavy Assassination Suit v S-11a (Vest)
Heavy Energy Protection Belt (Belt)
Duranit Trousers 1 (Trousers)
Crahn Shelter Boots (Boots)
BioTech (M.O.V.E.O.N) CPU (Brain Chip)
Berserk Chip 2 (Brain Chip)
Special Forces CPU (Brain Chip)
Distance Weapon CPU 3 (Brain Chip)
Rifle CombatEye 3 (Eye)
Experimental Heart 1 (Heart)
Crahn Power Gauntlet (Glove)
Strength Booster 2 (Spine)
BioTech AntiGamma Headbone (Headbone)
Biotech AntiGamma Chest Enforcement (Chest)
Biotech AntiGamma Arm Enforcement (Arm)
Biotech AntiGamma Leg Enforcement (Leg)
Experimental Foot Enforcement (Foot)
Shelter (Shelter)
Deflector (Deflector)
Rifle Combat Booster 1 (Combat)
Spy Booster 1 (Support)
Basic Resist Booster 1 (Resist)
Nightspider (Drug)
---------------------------------
1 drug for shelter, 125 energy, 160 xray, 430 health, good runspeed, capped redeemer. Can easily lower hacking, wep and psu for another tradeskill of your choice.

/edit
For stealth III just lower r-c a tad, 180 should still be enough to cap a good redeemer.

kurai
21-04-06, 19:57
You could just use PA2 and a Tangent Epic rifle.

It still drops Warbies pretty efficiently and repairs to 120% condition (plus it wont drop when some twat wanders along and decides to gank you as you hack).

The nightspider is pretty unneccessary too.

Apocalypsox
22-04-06, 03:40
my uncapped 1 slot redeemer, will hit 260s on a warbot, at max or almost max range (out of warbots range) and it is good for blowing the shit out of people when ur more concerned about damage than being found.

Tratos
23-04-06, 16:04
Been actually having alot of fun twatting stuff with the redeemer and it works a treat actually did something on my characters outside trading and the odd bit of PvP and got a fair few tech parts :)

Tesee
25-04-06, 14:42
If you want to hunt warbot easily and hack nicely, you can choose pistols,

some pistols have very good range and as it requires no high score in weapon lore, it is more simple (TT epic pistol is a good example, like Beam of Hell)

however, if you don't pvp much, you don't need to have high score in weapon lore.