PDA

View Full Version : A plea for a non-hassle trial

cApNhOwDy
20-04-06, 22:51
I've suggested this in another thread a while back, but I feel like this deserves to be seen by more people. Here's my solution to the low-server population problem.

Give the game 1 month of free play. During this 1 month where noone's paying to play, KK revamps all of the problems with the payment options. 1 month of free play will also bring new players into the game, the same people who dont want to deal with C2P in order to play a game, and even a few newcomers who would like to try out an FPS MMO. Now, one month is up, and the people who cant pay to play regaurdless of the payment system will be gone, too bad so sad. But that gives this game some publicity! 1 month of free gameplay and a brand new billing system in order, Neocron 2 will have some nice publicity and a better billing reputation. As a result of both of these things, Neocron get more players, and more players = more money for KK to spend on the server and a larger Neocron community.

Tratos
20-04-06, 22:56
Well a new billing system is creeping ever closer, we got a small update the other day from Odin:

We've had a representative visit and go over the business models etc. The last I have heard is that it's in 'contract' status at this point. We will be sure to announce it when everything is signed along with giving a little more information then.
As for the free period that sounds quite cool but its a question of wether KK can afford to pull something to that effect off.

cApNhOwDy
20-04-06, 23:36
I dont see how KK COULDNT pull it off. There are other options for ways that the developing team could get their paycheck during that month, one of which is in-game advertisments. I'm sure that many companies would love to advertise their products during a time period in which many new players will flock to the game and see them. And after the month is over, the advertisements can either stay or go, whatever KK feels is necessary.

Glok
20-04-06, 23:42
I've seen ingame advertisments for various things. Just yesterday I saw an Alienware ad in PP1.

Tratos
21-04-06, 00:18
The Alienware adverts have been in for a long time now and i dont even know if KK still gain revenue from them but they are the only advertisements for real world products present, to my knowledge.

cApNhOwDy
21-04-06, 01:16
If so, they could always add more. Heck, if they got enough money from in-game advertisements, there's always the possibility of dropping the monthly fee and start restocking more retail outlets again.

Sick
21-04-06, 07:44
1 month of free play would be nice for new guys, but that never really pulls in more than a handfull of players..

it would be nice if they could do like other games do, and allow free accounts that are limited to a low level, that way if you want to be able to get higher and use the better stuff, you have to start paying...
free game time with no time limit ALWAYS pulls people in, they just cant resist it

cApNhOwDy
21-04-06, 08:21
Yeah, I have to agree with you and provide an example. Check out Planetside: Reserves, the free demo for one of the few other MMOFPS games out there, which is by far the most successful of the bunch. PS: R lets players get up to "level" 6 (they use Battle Rank in Planetside terms), and they can use some of the vehicles and get one implant that way. That's what I've been playing lately, and I'm totally convinced that I want to buy the retail version to get moar stuffs.