PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt Download

kaos057
20-04-06, 17:59
A friend of mine is trying to download the client but for some reason after he downloads and tries to install, it tells him the installer is corrupt. He has downloaded from all the mirrors and to multiple computers, all with the same result. Anyone else have this problem or know why this is happening?

Sylow
20-04-06, 18:01
Hmm... would you have said that it happened once, i would have said, do it again. Compressed data sometimes gets corrupted during a download.

In this case, if several downloads have the same problem, i'd rather suspect a problem in the system. Does he use some kind of download enhancer or anything like that? Could it be that the default transmission method is Ascii there, if he does?

kaos057
20-04-06, 18:09
Nope he uses regular internet explorer for downloading.

Napalm82
20-04-06, 20:35
Have he tried this mirror: http://dome-of-york.com/download/ ? all the times i have had to download it again and to my friends i have used that mirror and with no problems whatsoever.

Might wanna give it a spin.

- Nap

unreal
21-04-06, 13:07
All I can say is, ouch. If he eventually gets Neocron downloaded and installed successfully and he starts playing on Terra, tell him to message me on unreal or unrael.

Bugs Gunny
21-04-06, 13:41
Last 2 downloads i did were corrupt too.
I finaly downloaded the neocron website one and that one had about an hour's worth of broken files fixing in it.

Sylow
21-04-06, 13:46
Interesting. When i downloaded it a few months ago, also from the official site, i got it all smooth and fine, installed without any trouble and worked straight away. (Yes, it had to download the latest patches but i didn't expect anything else... )

Satty
21-04-06, 21:35
NC2 is a realy big download... a big change to provoke a rare problem on your Computer. So, if the file is corrupt check your system.

Memory, Harddisk, Network... somewhere is a problem.

(the verify it... ZIP your programm-folder and unzip it to another folder. If you get a CRC-error, it's your system, not the file on the download-server)

EdiciusTsaf
25-04-06, 20:50
I have a similar problem.
Tried two times to DL. One time from the official mirror, one time from another.
The MD5 hash was right, but the exe didn't start...:(

EdiciusTsaf
26-04-06, 01:30
Now I tried the 50MB file dl.
And allthough the has is the same, it worked... so it was probably a bug on my side.

chilliedog3
03-08-06, 12:14
Ok for those that keep getting the same corrupt message all the time try the program (isobuster) isobuter is a file formmater, i hope this helps you guys, just Google isobuster, download it and make sure on the setup you click all the different types of file formats, once setup search for the corrupt file or drag and drop it into isobuster it will try to reformat and replace the lost or corrupt files, anyway as i said i hope it works.

ZoVoS
04-08-06, 13:23
buy a copy... its only 98p mun =]