PDA

View Full Version : RP and PvP servers for 2.2

Kame
20-04-06, 06:17
There should be 2 servers :

RP

RP server with 1 slot and no safezones, belt drop even in OP zone and terra-like SI/xp/slots/techdrop settings.

PvP

Should be 4 slots with fast SI/xp/slots and tech drop (neptune-like).
You shouldnt drop belt on anyzones in the pvp server.

Everyone should be offered transfers from any server to any server he chooses, and be allowed to only keep 5 chars out of the possible 11 we have now.Money and appartements should be allowed to transfer as well.

Kame
20-04-06, 06:22
I might add :

server populations are already low, bringing everyone together would make sense. Also these server should be 'international'.

The chats could be setup diffently as to have a english/german/french Trade channel.OOC,Help,Alliance,zone should stay but the rest are useless anyways.

Koshinn
20-04-06, 06:29
I'm glad someone finally realizes that PvP is helped by less or even no belt-drop, since it takes more PvE the more you lose your items.

SorkZmok
20-04-06, 06:47
I'd be gone then. So would a lot more people.

Not only that people would be extremely pissed loosing characters but also not everyone wants to be restricted to one character if he doesn't like pvp.

From the start there should've been 2 servers, international 1 slot, international 4 slot. With good populations there would be no need for pvp servers. The only problem right now is the overpowered monks and the low populations.

Pantho
20-04-06, 06:59
Ok you drop belts, Spec hack, Kill people, Steal there belts, Few times ive gone back, killed the same guy , got my orignal item . :). and the only shit you gotta PvE for is the Weps, and safeslots -

And i would like to add PvP is Roleplay - Its a war - The Dome alliance must take down Reza and his corrupt city, to enlist freedom for the entire world - Freedom is having to right to do what you want to do, (Quotaion probly wrong but meh), Hence most events are PVP based, looking upon the fact

RP Is PvP , If done in the right sense, and against the right faction -

Strife
20-04-06, 09:00
I don't think KK have the resources to really do an RP server justice. And i'm not talking K-Mart value RP.

[TgR]KILLER
20-04-06, 09:35
i might say stupid things.

but dun people pvp to get belts ? yea you also pvp to get the trill out of it but finding a belt and get a hacker to find what you need always pulled me to do it. pvp server as it is drops open belts right.. then going to no belts at all ( no drops? ) doesn't make sence imho.

and on a RP server why you drop belts in every zone there ? its to RP on not to pvp on.. with those rules i see the pvp server become rp and the rp server be pvp lol.

oh and yea loads of people would lose loads of chars.. thats a no go anyway.

landofcake
20-04-06, 12:08
Take belt-drop away and there's no risk, hence less fun ...

It's already less fun with a Safe slot ...

pabz
20-04-06, 14:07
kk cant do such "drastic measures" till the year 2015

cRazy-
20-04-06, 14:15
When im pvp'ing the thought of the belt afterwards never crosses my mind, because of the safeslot you're basically either going to find the players PA, or something useless.

And ive always said and thought this, that removing the threat of something overly bad happening would make more people pvp more (and zone less) because theres not so much of a risk, but people seem to have different opinions.

Pantho
20-04-06, 14:24
No, Belt drop is needed-

and am i the only one that see's the RolePlay part is PvP -

Its a War out there- We are Ment to be the Hidden Soldiers of our Fair City's,

The civil Men that live at peace at home, (or used to), and have been toughened up by the apocalyptic world and been forced to defend or homes and territory from the enemy's Within.

Kame
20-04-06, 15:17
What pushes ppl to whore the zonelines that much is the fact they might loose their precious belt.

Pantho do you really think zonewhoring is 'RP' ???

There should also be an auto poker in TH(no 115) on the pvp server, and GRing to TH should cost 25k.

Toxen
20-04-06, 15:20
Look neptune pritty much proved the point that the general populace isn't intrested in dedicated pvp eviroment, nor is it purely intrested in RP, its a mix plus dividing the servers again would be suicidal for the game it takes long enough to get a poke these days. Quite literally there are bigger populations on a server of BF2 at time then there are in total playing neocron.

Morpheus
20-04-06, 15:46
[x] vote for char servertransfer

my god KK, come and earn even more money with us :)

greez

Kame
20-04-06, 15:46
Thats the point, mars peaks at like 18%, so does terra, and mercury peaks at 7%.
Neptune is dead.

Why not make all these ppl play together ?? Thats the point of the idea if u havnt noticed or are not interested dont post.

I need some more ppl to kill now that FF and R2K are gone.

Breakaway
20-04-06, 15:49
yeha maybe they should make a 1 slot international server would bring all the community closer.... i hope :/

pabz
20-04-06, 17:24
Thats the point, mars peaks at like 18%, so does terra, and mercury peaks at 7%.
Neptune is dead.

Why not make all these ppl play together ?? Thats the point of the idea if u havnt noticed or are not interested dont post.

I need some more ppl to kill now that FF and R2K are gone.
I told you all the barreling was gonna have an effect

giga191
20-04-06, 17:39
Neptune is dead.

I need some more ppl to kill now that FF and R2K are gone. stop zerging everything that moves and you might actually get some decent pvp.

krynstone
20-04-06, 18:07
Is that what happened?...FF and R2K left?...aI was wondering about the OP's

NAPPER
20-04-06, 18:38
the pvp server never worked as we saw in neptune was good then got shit
the only peeps to rp in nc are like 5% of the peeps that play this game

Hell-demon
20-04-06, 18:53
Nc is suffering a slow and agonising death :(

athon
20-04-06, 19:13
Nc is suffering a slow and agonising death :(
Has been since about the end of NC1 IMO. I've only come back because there's nothing else out there atm.

I hope Fallen Earth is ready for Beta soon - and I hope I get in.

Hell-demon
20-04-06, 19:17
If you play The Neocron Offline Demo your penis will cry :cool:

Nadja [Mars]
21-04-06, 03:47
why do ppl always differ between PvP and RP?

RP might include PvP, as well as PvP might invclude RP. Some of the best PvPers on Mars have been RPer as well.

The better differentiation would be between RP and OOC.

-----
I have to contradict the author.
If it is possible to switch characters between servers, ppl would level them on the suggested "pvp" servers and switch to the harder-to-level "rp" servers.

And think about the pvp-server project we already had. Most ppl had their LE in, most ppl have been spys or pes, stealthing around, ambushing others from their appas. There was no real pvp on the server.

Nice idea, but not usefull.

Yours