PDA

View Full Version : unwanted attention or discomfort to another player

Seezur001
20-04-06, 03:27
1) You may not harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort to another player.

Can we get a clarification on that please?

Even a simple PK could cause "discomfort" to another player, as well as the "unwanted attention".

Glok
20-04-06, 03:41
That generally refers to racist comments or out of character sexual harrassment. People do get away with threats, but sometimes are reported and banned. The thing about threats though is they are generally impossible to actually carry out, so carry no weight.

Seezur001
20-04-06, 03:45
That generally refers to racist comments or out of character sexual harrassment. People do get away with threats, but sometimes are reported and banned. The thing about threats though is they are generally impossible to actually carry out, so carry no weight.

My biggest concern about that is what if you are at war with another clan, and everyone in the said clan is KoS.

If you kill anyone you see in that clan everytime you see them, is that concidered abusive?

Glok
20-04-06, 03:53
No... In fact, I think that is an encouraged activity.

Apocalypsox
20-04-06, 04:12
how the rule states it, it is not clear. someone might think you cannot PK someoneo "KoS" because it would be abuse.

Kame
20-04-06, 06:08
you could also say that hacking someone's OP is griefing, hell you might as well say that refusing to poke someone or lieing to them is abuse too.

Nvidia
20-04-06, 08:15
In my understanding, that statement only applies to things that relate to out-of-game activities or persons, such as attacks against one's nationality, race, religion, personal beliefs, looks, etc.

Things like 'KoSing', repeatedly killing, making threats or insults towards your INGAME character, and anything else that would have to do with the person you play ingame, and not the person you actually are out of game would be "Role-playing", and would, in my opinion, fall completely within the rules of play.

Oh god, we're not trying to get someone banned cause they PKed you, are we?

Pantho
20-04-06, 08:22
Well err i wanan ban ****, They said i suck and should go suck my mums C*ck, If we reported and banned every1 for doing that, i wonder how many members we would have left *_*

Seezur001
20-04-06, 08:37
In my understanding, that statement only applies to things that relate to out-of-game activities or persons, such as attacks against one's nationality, race, religion, personal beliefs, looks, etc.

Things like 'KoSing', repeatedly killing, making threats or insults towards your INGAME character, and anything else that would have to do with the person you play ingame, and not the person you actually are out of game would be "Role-playing", and would, in my opinion, fall completely within the rules of play.

Oh god, we're not trying to get someone banned cause they PKed you, are we?

LOL No...Im not trying to get someone banned. Just trying to get a bit of clarifacation of the rules.

Nvidia
20-04-06, 08:38
LOL No...Im not trying to get someone banned. Just trying to get a bit of clarifacation of the rules.

Okay, sorry. Just that when I read it, that was the first thing that came into my mind.

Nidhogg
20-04-06, 10:36
Can we get a clarification on that please?

The key word in the rule you quoted is "player". If you insult the person behind the character then you're over the line. If you insult the character in an RP way then you're generally not, though we will always make that decision (there are too many people who think that they can argue technicalities, like they've seen too many episodes of [insert generic crap courtroom drama series here]).

N

Bugs Gunny
20-04-06, 10:50
I got called a "fu--ing jew" this morning, followed by a lot of slander about the religion and a lot of rectal activities mixed in the same sentences.

Do i like it? No
Do it think i should report it to get the player banned? No

Most of the people who talk crap like that are either 8y olds, mentaly challenged or just plain over the top upset because you killed them.

So all in all, when people call you names etc, it just means you won.

EDIT: I think people are getting overly obsessed with the "omg i screenshotted you you are going to get banned now". There's a certain FA tradeskiller who finnishes half her sentences with that.
This is a GAME for crying out loud.

Kenpo
20-04-06, 11:51
i agree with Bugs.

i find it strange that in a game that already has such low pops that people would activly look to get more people banned.

edit: have people gotten soft since NC2, i remember a lot of harsh talk in NC1 that could proberbly have resulted in the population reduced to about 5

Brammers
20-04-06, 12:04
I also have to agree with Bugs.

Some of the recent crap I've seen ingame, here on the forums and on the THN has serriously made me go "Why do I play this game?"

cRazy-
20-04-06, 12:06
I agree too a certain extent.

There are some people who go overboard with abuse reporting etc, but it gets too a point where I will report someone who has said something racist/abusive, purely because I do not want to play Neocron with that person.

RogerRamjet
20-04-06, 12:32
In some instances, people who PK alot have been reported as causing "discomfort" to runners, and i think they are still being reported. Quite frankly this is just being pissy. In NC1 for instance, you got PKed, got poked up and went back, regardless if you knew the PKers were still there or not.

I mean, what the fuck is this game? PvP or not? Do they want everyone to go around holding hands in peace?

Even in NC1, there has been times when i could have had people banned. Ive been called a "nig***", a "n*zi" and things. Maybe i should have reported them, but this is a game that needs to be played with a little bit of aggression, even if
sometimes people go way too far.

Plus i just find that kinda shit funny.

Apocalypsox
20-04-06, 16:25
Lol roger, its kinda the same thing with that damned seizure warning at the intro of ze game. when i first saw it i was like...

"wait...arent those all natural symptons of playing NC in certain situations :lol: "

Bugs Gunny
20-04-06, 16:35
Only if you use fusion cannons or ion weapons :D
Level with a fusion cannon or drone for a while and you'll have splitting headaches.

nobby
20-04-06, 23:58
The key word in the rule you quoted is "player". If you insult the person behind the character then you're over the line. If you insult the character in an RP way then you're generally not, though we will always make that decision (there are too many people who think that they can argue technicalities, like they've seen too many episodes of [insert generic crap courtroom drama series here]).

N

So what about fucking Xenocide putting a fucking picture on the forums with someone holding a razor blade and arrows pointing down an arm saying "Down the road, not across"

I'd call that fucking harassment towards me!

Hell-demon
21-04-06, 00:04
If I post a pic of me eating a bag of Nobbys crisps is that harrassment?

On Terra alot of people are "roleplaying" whiney brats who insult each others penis size and mothers. I'm all for rolepaly but I think they should be more original :rolleyes:

Nidhogg
21-04-06, 00:18
So what about fucking Xenocide putting a fucking picture on the forums with someone holding a razor blade and arrows pointing down an arm saying "Down the road, not across"

I'd call that fucking harassment towards me!
Well let me address that point by point.

Point 1 - WTF are you on about?
Point 2 - ?

N

Asurmen Spec Op
21-04-06, 02:45
Well let me address that point by point.

Point 1 - WTF are you on about?
Point 2 - ?

N
Wow Nidhogg, your point by point analysis has covered many angles....
*cookie 4 u*

Honestly to the point, its a fucking game boys and girls, if you honestly get so annoyed about a person trying to get in your pants, calling you whatever the hell, just IGNORE function them, or mock them as I do.
Its all a game, its all the net. Sit back and laugh, its all fun.

Hell-demon
21-04-06, 10:30
Yeah, I for one spend many an hour talking about sex with Average Joe (he's left now I think), Sil, Gunnar Aegirson...can't talk about sex with Brammers though, it's all work work.

See the community is the kind of community you can talk about sex with :)

Bugs Gunny
21-04-06, 10:49
I would like to send one in.

We were all talking in mb and then all of a sudden someone farted.
I call that causing discomfort !

@Hell-demon. I thought we were talking about how to raise pet animals :wtf:

Hell-demon
21-04-06, 11:26
Well, I don't know what kind of pussy you were thinkin' of strokin' :wtf:

Brammers
21-04-06, 11:34
Yeah, I for one spend many an hour talking about sex with Average Joe (he's left now I think), Sil, Gunnar Aegirson...can't talk about sex with Brammers though, it's all work work.

See the community is the kind of community you can talk about sex with :)

Brammers talks to someone else about sex! ;)

Glok
21-04-06, 11:41
Ok people had better not start talking about themselves in the 3rd person around here, or Glok is going to get a bit freaked out. :o

Hell-demon
21-04-06, 11:42
Brammers ya momma dont count :rolleyes:

*clicks fingers*

Brammers
21-04-06, 11:59
Brammers ya momma dont count :rolleyes:

*clicks fingers*

She's the last person I would talk to about sex! Guess you never been on the Phoenix vent server!

Hell-demon
21-04-06, 12:00
Why is your mom there?

Brammers
21-04-06, 12:05
No she isn't.

You desperate to meet my Mom or something Hell-demon?

Hell-demon
21-04-06, 12:06
Wouldn't be the first time :D

*runs*

yeah this is going way off topic

Bugs Gunny
21-04-06, 13:33
She started comming on after he had his drunk "i wanna *** a dog in the ***" episode :angel:

Hell-demon
21-04-06, 13:36
yeah I don't wanna think about Brammers rendition O_o

cRazy-
21-04-06, 13:54
I was there for that, but I had went to get another drink and when I got back I had missed it :(

Nidhogg
21-04-06, 14:15
I think the rule question has been answered and now we're firmly in spamland.

N