PDA

View Full Version : Guard shifts?

Spermy
19-04-06, 13:23
In relation to game time, Maybe at set intervals guards despawn in certain areas for a set amount of time before respawning? This changeover would give non stealthers a chance at infiltrating either city, even if it's only for 5 minutes.

It's also widen the scope a bit for city raids.

Common sense dictates that not all areas should be subject to these rules, I was thinking mainly Via, the abandoned DoY zones, and possibly pepper park. At a push possibly the faction zones in the dome. ( there's barely any guards anyway, I can't see it making a huge difference there :p)

Random brainfart of the day.

Toxen
19-04-06, 13:56
/signed

but we need some back entrances to doy first

Tratos
19-04-06, 14:23
All NPC movement should be based around ingame time, such as HQ NPCs, there should be very few during the night shift and the amount we have during the day and they should move around at the work start/end times i.e. youd see alot of employees on the move at around 8am to get to their HQs at around 9am so you could see Biotech Employees alover the city coming from lifts and walking to the BT sector.

It would make the lives of epic runners easier as the mission could specify the times when the target NPC is on the move from home to work etc so they could be eliminated easier than right next to their faction HQ.

Would probably require alot of resources and improvements in the AI and alot of scripts but it would be cool to see in an ideal Neocron world - No strippers in the clubs or in PP either during the day :p

Neocron could have alot of life if NPCs and retail establishments were based around the ingame clocks, shops close in the day and the smugglers come out to play as the number of guards falls.

But to the original idea - yes please :p

Hell-demon
19-04-06, 14:43
I say, get rid of Screaming Horse Agency guys for good

krynstone
19-04-06, 15:54
I like spermys idea:)

Heavyporker
19-04-06, 16:45
pfft, kryn. You like anything with sperm in it.

/it's a joke, dammit!

Dribble Joy
19-04-06, 18:35
I have asked this before, and currently, the engine can't spawn/despawn mobs/npcs at set times. You can make them walk about (which is a nightmare to code), but that's about it.

krynstone
19-04-06, 20:51
porker....now.....I like your idea too...hehe....pork....hehe....

Mr Kot
19-04-06, 22:34
Great idea.

Or even make them patrol like NC's copbots.

solid-rock
20-04-06, 09:14
Somebody has been snooping around Oblivion and gotten adicted to the radiant AI it would seem.

We dont need guard schedules. Copbots never sleep or take breaks. And judging by theyr apearence the doy guards are more machines than men aswell.

Superbron
20-04-06, 09:33
/signed

-=Jismo=-
20-04-06, 09:42
/signed

Necpock
20-04-06, 12:23
/signed