PDA

View Full Version : New Idea

Fega
18-04-06, 19:56
I thought of something quite cool
As we all know trophies are made by recycling them with junk, and that the trophy is that of a monster. Well, why not make trophies of players! Have the dogtag availible for recycling into a Miniture trophy of what ever class the person was. Also, to top it all off, when you target the trophie it would say the name of the person if you clicked it. :D hope you like my idea :)

Spermy
18-04-06, 20:09
I like it.

Maybe requiring more than one tag though, or there'd be trophies everywhere

Bredahl
18-04-06, 20:13
heard the idea before (dont remember who posted it) and i still like the idea..

cRazy-
18-04-06, 20:27
Its a good idea put then people would do what I would probably do which is farm about 300 of my dogtags and cover my apartment in trophies of myself to enhance my self-esteem and god-like status.

If the trophy required the persons dogtag and a rare item of some kind, then that would be better.

Kame
19-04-06, 01:07
A WoC Disc ....

SorkZmok
19-04-06, 10:42
I'd rather make it 3 dogtags and 3 rareparts of any kind. Would lower the insane number of useless rareparts people got these days and keed those trophies semi-rare.

Brammers
19-04-06, 10:47
I think I posted that idea up somewhere as well. That would be very cool to turn Dogtags into trophies.

Also what about placeable rare drops? I would like to turn my storm laser cannon into a nice trophy as well. (Or anything thats a drop only item.)

Bugs Gunny
19-04-06, 11:32
I say add the killer id to the dogtag in hidden stat. You need 5 dogtags with the same killer and 5 rareparts to make a trophy.

But then i'd definitely start "dueling" myself on two computers to sell my trophies :-p

RaekOne
19-04-06, 14:15
allot of effort there gunnar for 5 credits!!
ho ho ho

nice idea....now if only I could find someone that sucks enough for me to kill.....

VoWZaRiCK
19-04-06, 18:26
I think I posted that idea up somewhere as well. That would be very cool to turn Dogtags into trophies.

Also what about placeable rare drops? I would like to turn my storm laser cannon into a nice trophy as well. (Or anything thats a drop only item.)

I like that idea,
I've also been thinking about something like gun cabinets or something, it would work like a cabinet, but you can only put weapons in it, and if you do it'll show up ont he piece of furniture. (kinda like your equipped weapon hangs on your back, but then it hangs on a mount on your wall or on a desk).

Fega
19-04-06, 19:20

Good Idea, Combine a rare item with say 'Mounting Plate' and recycle to two to make a mountable weapon. Salvage to get the weapon and 'mounting plate' back.

Lodar
19-04-06, 19:38
Thread moved to Community Talk.

Fega
19-04-06, 20:00
Thank you :) wasn't sure where to place it when I started it.

solid-rock
20-04-06, 08:47
One word. Neato's.

Pantho
20-04-06, 14:50
allot of effort there gunnar for 5 credits!!
ho ho ho

nice idea....now if only I could find someone that sucks enough for me to kill.....
found 5-6, only took me 2 secs, heh

Sylow
20-04-06, 14:58
Good Idea, Combine a rare item with say 'Mounting Plate' and recycle to two to make a mountable weapon. Salvage to get the weapon and 'mounting plate' back.
[x] vote

Necpock
20-04-06, 20:38
I like :)

Nvidia
20-04-06, 21:17
Its a good idea put then people would do what I would probably do which is farm about 300 of my dogtags and cover my apartment in trophies of myself to enhance my self-esteem and god-like status.

LMAO Crazy, you're so modest about your sexy self. :D

elGringo
20-04-06, 21:25
hmm... I'd prefer a glass cabinet with a pile of dtags in it .. everytime you pull a dtag from your inv into said cabinet, it gets deleted and the pile grows a little.
I dont like the idea of stuffed humans too much tbh...

even more useful: A glass cabinet that holds one item and displays the world-model of the item it contains .. pretty much everything has a worldmodel.. and they're all pretty much the same size too (a bed world model, for example, aint larger than a WP or implant model). Requires some nifty coding tho .. so I doubt it'll ever make it ingame. :)

nobby
20-04-06, 23:43
oh dear...

"WTS 72 Trophies of Nobby from his twatty acts on Pluto!"