PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Grapics problem, help please :s

Necpock
17-04-06, 12:37
Hey, i get this really strange graphics problem. Ive redownloaded my new drivers for my graphics card, reinstalled neocron, but ive noticed it just doesnt happen in neocron. Windows is also very newly re-installed

Neocron Shot 1 (http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/7334/ncgf25tp.jpg)
Neocron shot 2 (http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/4247/ncgfx7tc.jpg)
Counterstrike source shot 1 (http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/5620/cssgfx3jy.jpg)

My pc:
AMD 3000+ XP (Nvidia NForce 2 motherboard)
512 Mb DDR 2700 ram
80 Gb 7200 rpm HDD
Soundblaster live 5.1
Geforce 6600 GT 128Mb
XP Pro SP.2

I get these problems almost every time i log in, but sometimes its fine. I also seem to have a weird FPS rate when i see another character ingame so it makes PvP impossible. Its a fresh install of windows, latest drivers and my graphics card isn't overheating. Any ideas would me much appreiciated, thanks.

DIS
17-04-06, 16:54
Thats very wierd, never seen that one before. Try running 3dmark2005 on the card and see what score you get and also if you have any texture corrupton, if your score is really low for the card than it should be, it could indicate a faulty card.

www.futuremark.com for 3dmark05, could try 06 as well.

Also try an older video card driver, the driver released before the one in March to see if that makes any difference. Try a different Molex connecter in the back of the card to ensure the card is getting enough power..... could be a faulty wire?
Check the voltages in the bios to ensure they are not erratic, could be caused by a dodgy psu perhaps?

Can you try the card in a different PC to see if the problem stays the same?

athon
17-04-06, 17:24
Try switching between DirectX 7 and DirectX 9 to see if that makes a difference. Also try toggling vsync.

CMaster
17-04-06, 17:55
That first shot immediatley made me think of graphics card overheating causing texture anomalies. So my suggestion there is open up your cas and clear out the dust.
But then with the text issues...
Try downloading and installing the latest graphics drivers (the "relogging" of graphics-related problems)

Odin
17-04-06, 18:42
That's what my last ATI card was doing before it died.

Also make sure that when you were installing new drivers that you uninstalled the old ones. Amazing how many times that will cause issues that people don't expect. I'd even go as far to say after you have uninstalled them to run driver cleaner before installing the new ones.

Necpock
17-04-06, 20:58
Ok, I got a 3d Mark 06 score : 1006
Ive cleaned the PC out totaly with a fine artist brush
Ive formatted my pc, reinstalled XP pro, clean install of neocron and i'm getting the same. I think i have a dying card -.-
I'll whack in my 5500 fx and see what happens.
Thanks alot for the help :) although i cant find an earlier driver to try out

Update : Yes it was my graphics card at fault, and will be replaced soon :)
Thanks alot for all your help :)