PDA

View Full Version : My 2 cents

Megazim
16-04-06, 18:48
Hello everybody nice to meet you boys and girls, I must tell you I was browsing the Internet when randomly I found a link to neocron.com somewhere and I start to read the first sentence:

A mmorpg cyberpunk bla bla bla

At that point it gets all my attention and with an intense heartbeat I start to nagivate the site and read the forums and a few minutes after Im downloading the trial version... 1.3 GB wow it sounds really good, it seems a dream come true.

But... but then comes the time when I start to read the newcomers forum posts about the billing problems with that shady company and all that stuff... and its not only just an isolated issue it seems to be a constant... and the emotion simply comes down, Ive been looking for a game like this for ages and when Im just at one step to (maybe) make a dream reality this simple fact of billing "fun" is enough to make me stop the download.

Yes thats my story of newcomer to Neocron, its the true its the first time I have seen this game and yes that is the shock I had when I read about the nightmares of registering like user and well we know the history.

So here are my 2 cents to the Neocron comunity, a call to the game masters to solve this situation for once at all, until then I keep an eye to this game.

Thank you for your attention.

nellus
16-04-06, 19:11
Just because over people have had problems it doesnt necessarily mean you will.
I personally have had no problems with click2pay and i know my friend who i introduced to neocron has had no problems.

I say keep downloading and try to create a new account dont give up before youve tried it, that is worse than defeatism.

I do hope we see you ingame soon, as its a great game and your bound to get hooked on the NEOCRACK :D

Napalm82
16-04-06, 20:21
AFAIK only few have problems, however they scream a lot when it does happen, i havent had any trouble with payment nor have the friends i have dragged into the game.

But Reakktor are looking for some new payment options so even if you have problems just keep an eye out for a new option.

All i can say is "Welcome to NeoCron Runner" and give it a shot.

- Nap

Nidhogg
16-04-06, 20:38
and its not only just an isolated issue it seems to be a constant...
It isn't a constant. You can bet that when someone has a problem with billing the first thing they will do (often literally, even before contacting our support department) is post a complaint on the official forums.

No one posts when things go without a hitch, why would they?

N

Glok
16-04-06, 20:48
Nid is right, I've dealt with C2P several times now and only once did I have a problem. What did I do? That's right, I bitched on the forums. :p

FlashFF
16-04-06, 21:03
Myself and most people i know had C2P problems. I gave up and went to PBC in the end.

Asurmen Spec Op
16-04-06, 21:09
You might as well try, C2P has fucked me over before but I know people that had 0 problems

Lunarhound
17-04-06, 03:26
I just joined a few days ago, and haven't had any problems at all. Besides, didn't they post somewhere a while ago saying that they were working on getting someone else to handle the billing? If you're that concerned about it, just wait for a bit until they get it sorted out.

Asurmen Spec Op
17-04-06, 04:11
Billing problems arent 100% going to happen, alot of us have been made extremely angry about it, my personal reason was double billed for NC1-NC2 accounts(4 of em accualy, hard to explain to those youre paying for they have to pay AGAIN)

WaR eYe
17-04-06, 10:11
Never had any problem with paying for NC, in all the 2 years i play now.
Click2Pay works, and now using PaybyCash, and also no problems,
Only bad thing is, it takes a long time before you can play if you do it with paybycash, those people aint that fast as we wish.

Tratos
17-04-06, 11:45
I've only ever had one problem (Not really a problem, i was impatient :p) with Click2Pay and thats when i reactivated and my e-mail didnt get responded too after about 6-8 hours so i just rang them and they sorted my account out there and then on the phone with me in the whole 3-4 minutes i was on, i was able to login before id put the phone down.

Appart from that which wasnt even really a problem i've had no issues with Click2Pay.

You arnt guarenteed to get payment problems as people have said when things do go wrong we see it and not when things go right but if you do get any problems i suggest ringing them (its really cheap if you use Skype) directly as problems get fixed alot quicker.