PDA

View Full Version : Vehicles - A Simple Idea

FlashFF
14-04-06, 13:28
Currently there are 2 large problems with vehicles.

1. LE runners can have their empty vehicles destroyed and can't stop people destroying it without staying in the vehicle.
2. People can use vehicles with LE drivers and hop out to make the vehicle indestructible.

So how about this:
1. All vehicles spawned by LE runners are indestructible (to players) from the moment they spawn. Non-LE Spawned vehicles can be damaged.
2. As soon as a non-LE runner gets into an LE spawned vehicle, it is destroyable UNTIL it is returned to a vehicle depot, regardless of the runners inside.

This means people cant grief LE runners by destroying their vehicles, and they can't exploit by using an LE driver.
What do you think? To me it seems like a simple and effective solution.

Skusty
14-04-06, 13:31
And please make it possible to jump with vehicles, atm they are glued to the ground. But yeah, i like it.

It was like me in nc1 with le on my first monk, i saved for a Hovertech for like 1week then when i parked it for a second a guy came and destroyed it, man that did hurt alot when i was new to the game.

unreal
14-04-06, 14:10
Like the idea, but I won't say more than that. I'll start talking about how those smoke affects ******** (beep) your FPS, along with all the rest of it. Like so. :p

FlashFF
14-04-06, 14:34
And please make it possible to jump with vehicles, atm they are glued to the ground. But yeah, i like it.

It was like me in nc1 with le on my first monk, i saved for a Hovertech for like 1week then when i parked it for a second a guy came and destroyed it, man that did hurt alot when i was new to the game.

Yeah, and theres no way LE runners can stop that type of behaviour with the current rules. My LE runner can drive but until he gets a reveler his vehicles stay unused unless theres a vehicle terminal wherever im driving to as well as from.

Toxen
14-04-06, 14:36

Would requires a brand new physics engine, simply not gonna happen anytime soon, as balancing is more of a priority these days

Tratos
14-04-06, 14:42
Would requires a brand new physics engine, simply not gonna happen anytime soon, as balancing is more of a priority these days
Plus the netcode has issues communicating where vehicles are on the ground already :)

Would be nice though.

Sick
14-04-06, 14:47
or, like has been suggested before... an LE spawned vehicle can only hold LE runners.. and a non-LE vehicle can hold non-LE runners... simpler all round

although this stops some interaction between LE and non-LE runners...
it will STOP LE runners partaking in OP fights .. of which they have clearly opted out of by having an LE in

but in your idea.. they can still partake in pvp... which imo is wrong

kurai
14-04-06, 14:50
What do you think? To me it seems like a simple and effective solution.Sounds completely sane and sensible.

In other words it will never happen :(

Glok
14-04-06, 15:04
Excellent idea. *****

Bugs Gunny
14-04-06, 15:18
Love it.

FlashFF
14-04-06, 15:49
or, like has been suggested before... an LE spawned vehicle can only hold LE runners.. and a non-LE vehicle can hold non-LE runners... simpler all round

although this stops some interaction between LE and non-LE runners...
it will STOP LE runners partaking in OP fights .. of which they have clearly opted out of by having an LE in

but in your idea.. they can still partake in pvp... which imo is wrong

In a sense they can, but it would be no different to having a non-LE driver, except the fact that when they fall out they are completely useless. With low population, for levelling, its almost essential to be able to have LE and non-LE interaction to some extent.

Rate the thread if you like the idea btw guys. In the past, rated threads have made more of an impact on KK than unrated ones as it shows more interest.

nellus
14-04-06, 16:05
Like the idea, hope it can happen.

Bredahl
14-04-06, 16:58
like it

retr0n
14-04-06, 17:06
My memory might serve me wrong, but didn't they change it so that you can
destroy an LEd guys vehicle once he jumps out because people were being lame
as usual parking them in stupid places blocking off entrances & ops etc.

Apocalypsox
14-04-06, 17:23
Like the idea, but I won't say more than that. I'll start talking about how those smoke affects ******** (beep) your FPS, along with all the rest of it. Like so. :p

it doesnt fuck my FPS at all...(And i have a realatively crap system) now a FPS fucker is that grass at battledome :lol:

Toxen
14-04-06, 17:31

Probably i know the second that you could leave a vech and it would remain LE'ed it would be abused most probably in the manner you describe its been a tactic for a long while to block UG's in certain ops with vech's positioned right you can make it niegh immpossible to get more than a few feet from the UG plus LE'ed vech's don't have to worry about AoE spam on the UG

FlashFF
14-04-06, 17:40

By making it so the vehicles cant be placed in stupid places (maybe by adding extensions to op entrances so vehicles cant be placed right in front of entances and such) and by the GMs removing vehicles placed by people trying to exploit like that, it could be controlled. the way it is at the moment, it's pointless having a vehicle if you have an LE, because people will destroy it just to be annoying. I've seen it done time and time again. And the current system of allowing LE runners to make vehicles indestructible by being the only one in them is already causeing people to exploit. The difference being, its currently harder to see if they are exploiting by having an LE driver or playing properly, but parking in front of an op to block it is plain and easy to see.

I'd rather see just one easy to see exploit instead of an exploit that is not so well defined paired with griefing of LE runners.

[EDIT]
Also, they could make it announce to the whole zone when the first layer of an op is hacked, and any vehicles in the zone become destroyable, if they really felt it was a problem.

Dirus
14-04-06, 22:06
and by the GMs removing vehicles placed by people trying to exploit like that, it could be controlled.

No thanks, we got enough ways for the players to claim that GM's favor certain people. Don't need yet another one when they whine and cry for a GM who isnt online at the time, and bitch at the next one who does come online cuz they weren't around when they needed help.

FlashFF
15-04-06, 02:33
No thanks, we got enough ways for the players to claim that GM's favor certain people. Don't need yet another one when they whine and cry for a GM who isnt online at the time, and bitch at the next one who does come online cuz they weren't around when they needed help.

So the fact that people whine at GMs bascially means GMs are just gonna cease to prevent exploits and such? Just do what the rest of us do, ignore the people that whine every time they lose.
The point is, and exploit in this fashion COULD be controlled a lot easier (and with less whining about favoring in fact, as evidence of it would be clear) than the current way the vehicle system is exploited.

ZoVoS
15-04-06, 04:28
easy enough make it so that a le'd vhc returns to the ASG when destroyed but a non le'd vhc goes poof

Sick
15-04-06, 04:32
yeh but then being LE'd has a benefit, your vehicle can never get blown by mobs either

and GM's dont need the extra work of having to remove vehicles

this whole idea is not simple at all, and is full of holes... what i said on the first page is still the simplest and best way

ZoVoS
15-04-06, 04:35
yeh but then being LE'd has a benefit, your vehicle can never get blown by mobs either

this whole idea is not simple at all, and is full of holes... what i said on the first page is still the simplest and best way

well i though it would be ovious to only make it when the vhc is empty that it returns to the asg

Apocalypsox
15-04-06, 04:44
then someone would hop out of a combat chainer to hack a warbot and their bike would despawn...

ZoVoS
15-04-06, 04:47
-=EDIT=-

wait a min i jsut reread what you have said and realised i misunderstood

you only read my edit and didnt read my origional post

he was commenting that le'd would have an advantage that if there vhc explodes then it goes back to teh asg with my idea... but i was asumming ppl would take it for granted that it would only return to the asg when the vhc is empty and blown up

FlashFF
15-04-06, 12:40

Preventing interaction between LE and non-LE runners would be pretty stupid IMO. It would just mean that there would be even less to do in an already low population game.

And its not "full of holes". It would close one exploit and open another. I just feel the exploit it closes (making vehicles indestructible by leaving an LE runner in them) is a lot harder to prove is actually being exploited than someone blocking an entrance (which is clear).

At the end of the day, you cant prevent ALL exploits at the same time without ruining the game. Some amont of moderation will always be needed. Just the way it stands at the moment, its too easy to get away with exploiting LE drivers, as its too hard to prove.

Also, people can already block entrances, they just have to have an LE runner sit in the vehicle... and enough LE runners show up to op wars to do that currently.

ROZZER187
15-04-06, 17:43
not a bad idea, needs a little work though. but i cant use vehicles anywayz. get the rubber band effect everytime i use one.

woOpin
16-04-06, 17:07
Currently there are 2 large problems with vehicles.

1. LE runners can have their empty vehicles destroyed and can't stop people destroying it without staying in the vehicle.
2. People can use vehicles with LE drivers and hop out to make the vehicle indestructible.

So how about this:
1. All vehicles spawned by LE runners are indestructible (to players) from the moment they spawn. Non-LE Spawned vehicles can be damaged.
2. As soon as a non-LE runner gets into an LE spawned vehicle, it is destroyable UNTIL it is returned to a vehicle depot, regardless of the runners inside.

This means people cant grief LE runners by destroying their vehicles, and they can't exploit by using an LE driver.
What do you think? To me it seems like a simple and effective solution.

Good idea may stop the OMG LE DRIVER CALLING GM spam on ooc :P

Too bad 1/2 the people in pro now dont know any rules about the game they see LE driver they bitch on ooc :o

And flash we pawn in a rhino :D

---

Edit Dirus is right about that if you block places in ops cant be removed but how does this differ to one placed a while ago ????

Simple make LE vehicles have no bound box to none LE runners.

LaZyBoY
17-04-06, 06:27