PDA

View Full Version : since when is anyone able to teleport?

Okran
13-04-06, 23:55
I have been noticing some characters appear to teleport when running and it makes it practically impossible to hit them - i.e. you get a lock and then they dis-appear, and re-appear somwhere else, then disapper etc etc until they are on top of you (3 seconds later at full clipping range).

No it ain't stealth, i hear you shout! Its monks that are doing this! How is this possible that they appear to teleport? It MUST be something to do with run speed I figure! For me as a sniper it has ruined the playablilty and the atmosphere completely. I dont even get the chance to re-locate after the first hit in their legs!

Apocalypsox
14-04-06, 00:03
Netcode 4tw tbh. but its kinda strange cause i get it to on occasion...they either teleport forward a few feet or appear in a corner to the top left of my screen and just sit there, allowing me for a perfect lock to blow their fuckin head off no matter where they are :lol:

ZoVoS
14-04-06, 00:06
monks were origionaly ment to teleport :D

haha maby some laten coding is being exploited

(okok so in reality its the netcode going scruie but hey)

Okran
14-04-06, 01:37
Problem = its the netcode not handling high run speed correctly.
Solution = lower the max runspeed to a level it can handle.

simple!

BTW monks never stay still long enough to be to get a shot off (if they are any good).

I might as well put my runspeed through the roof and have 0 resists, then I too can expoit the netcode and avoid being hit O_o

SorkZmok
14-04-06, 01:45
Its the shitty netcode.

But it happens the most with monks, no clue why it is so.

That is another thing thats pissing me off, monks outrunning my tank. And i got like 130 agl and nearly 100 atl. Yet every goddamn monk is running at least as fast as me. :(

ZoVoS
14-04-06, 01:55
because a monk gets the largest bonus from agility/athletics and a tank gets the least???

jini
14-04-06, 07:42
No, this happens because unfortunately the latest fashion is no pa setups and melee tanks. As we all know, a monk PA when used nerfs agility a lot. Same as for the h-c tank. But everyone knows this now, or just follows fashion, and -maybe- with all that increased speed x runners the server finds it tough and shows its limits.
Speed needs to slow down a bit, reticles maybe need to close slower, monks & melee needs nerf in frequency but all this is not easy, and I think this is what Dirus is referring about bandaid solutions ...

For me this was and still is the most important factor in gameplay. It should have been taken care of a long time ago but...

giga191
14-04-06, 12:01
eric cryton (whoever plays him atm) = warpaholic (think his record is 500m or something, i doubt it's an accident though)

Bugs Gunny
14-04-06, 15:21
I can follow a rhino for a few zones on foot. That's just wrong.

Saiboku
14-04-06, 17:15
eric cryton (whoever plays him atm) = warpaholic (think his record is 500m or something, i doubt it's an accident though)

i'm pretty sure that eric sold his account to Buju.

Apocalypsox
14-04-06, 17:34
i know he sold it tbh...just not sure who he sold it to...i didnt think it was Buju...

ROZZER187
15-04-06, 17:58

if its not an accident it cant be a good one ;) , my tank keeps up with him :p

nobody ever said if my melee pe warps though................

jini
16-04-06, 06:53
if its not an accident it cant be a good one ;) , my tank keeps up with him :p

nobody ever said if my melee pe warps though................
you mean when you use stealth right? :lol: :lol:

Sick
16-04-06, 14:51

yeh totally, he warps around like a bitch, and one of the few people i see doing it every time im attacking him (especially with melee)
he just casually walks backwards taking no damage, and 2 seconds later he's 200m away

hhmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Nidhogg
16-04-06, 15:26
Look, report the guy to abuse if you think he's cheating, but I don't want to hear any more about it on these forums.

N

woOpin
16-04-06, 16:59
[ edited ]

Clobber
16-04-06, 17:45
The Eric Cryton account is indeed owned by buju :D

Saiboku
16-04-06, 18:15
got to second that clobber, now i know it for sure.

giga191
16-04-06, 19:37
Look, report the guy to abuse if you think he's cheating, but I don't want to hear any more about it on these forums.

N Seems like a waste of time considering it's been done a thousand times before. So what are we gonna do, run around frapsing him all day long? He's hardly a decent player, so it would seem like a huuggee coincidence that so many people from differently clans accuse him of it.

woOpin
16-04-06, 20:16
[ edited ]

Nidhogg
16-04-06, 20:40
Thread closed.

N