PDA

View Full Version : What's the griefing situation like?

death penguin
12-04-06, 04:25
Just toying with the idea of a comeback after a couple of years. Wondering if people still hunt each other. Has the smaller community led to greater civility?

Bugs Gunny
12-04-06, 06:48
Yes, we all chat, hunt rareparts and awe at each others appartements now.

FlashFF
12-04-06, 08:24
It's pretty much impossible to go anywhere unLEd without being killed by enemies, and allies, often together. SL is now gainable by killing an enemy a few times. So allies can kill you then hang out at PP3 GR for 5 mins... So I'd say "No".

Tsukasa
12-04-06, 09:40
its not as bad as flashff says, but it is still neocron you just have to be carefull if you go around w/o an le

death penguin
12-04-06, 10:31

I actually thought that might be the case. I'm glad it's not, but I read somewhere that the pvp server had a very low population. Also I've not seen any threads whining about gankery.

So there's a fairly steady stream of people to fight?

/edit
SL is now gainable by killing an enemy a few times.

Well, iirc you could do that by killing people with bad sl when I played. Same thing more or less.

FlashFF
12-04-06, 11:22
Yeah, but now you can gain like 5SL at a time by killing an enemy. So people just get an alt account (probably a trial never to be paid) or a mate, and they kill em over and over at a GR for SL. That means that killing allies has pretty much no downside.

Spermy
12-04-06, 11:52
But, they didn't patch out the LE...

So if PvP gankery is not your thing, i'd advise that.

>_>

Brammers
12-04-06, 12:11
It's pretty much impossible to go anywhere unLEd without being killed by enemies, and allies, often together. SL is now gainable by killing an enemy a few times. So allies can kill you then hang out at PP3 GR for 5 mins... So I'd say "No".

If you hang around the 4 current hotspots, (DRT, CRP, MB and PP3) your chances of being killed are pretty high.

RogerRamjet
12-04-06, 12:52
Yeah, but now you can gain like 5SL at a time by killing an enemy. So people just get an alt account (probably a trial never to be paid) or a mate, and they kill em over and over at a GR for SL. That means that killing allies has pretty much no downside.

Unless you have people accusing you of doing things untoward and have GMs following you about.

FlashFF
12-04-06, 18:03
But, they didn't patch out the LE...

So if PvP gankery is not your thing, i'd advise that.

>_>

No, but those of us that took out LEs before the new crappy SL rules are stuck if they are over /30 rank.

Spermy
12-04-06, 19:12
No, but those of us that took out LEs before the new crappy SL rules are stuck if they are over /30 rank.

Ouch, bitten by the bug!

Bugs Gunny
12-04-06, 19:25

Wait, i think it was known for years that taking the le out made you a possible target.
Maybe i was wrong.........

Dogface
12-04-06, 20:10
Fool, you clearly were :rolleyes:

FlashFF
12-04-06, 22:53
Wait, i think it was known for years that taking the le out made you a possible target.
Maybe i was wrong.........

Wel yeah... But prior to the new SL rules, it actually mattered if you killed an ally so it wasn't done for no reason. Now SL is so easy to regain that people kill allies just cos they are there.

Spermy
13-04-06, 16:34
Wel yeah... But prior to the new SL rules, it actually mattered if you killed an ally so it wasn't done for no reason. Now SL is so easy to regain that people kill allies just cos they are there.

It was easy to regain back then too.

The only thing thats changed is it now takes 1 minute of effort as opposed to 5.

CMaster
13-04-06, 17:55

ACtually, I do that.

Its just I go around randomly killing people from time to time as well.

Trilaac
16-04-06, 15:38
i'd say it's slight;y more civilised than it used to e, the pro and anti factions are grouped together in their respective cities, rather than spread out over the whole world.
there are still those who take their LE's out and go around killing enemies (and those who kil anything that moves) it's also quiet funny when i log my LE'd PPU and take him somewhere like El Farid and have people shoot at him and waste their ammo, even though they're not hitting him or doing any damage at all.

Also, you get nearly no SL for killing an enemy, uness you are in a reward zone, and as for apps.. you ki ANYONE in an apartment, you lose loads of SL.