PDA

View Full Version : Downtime question...

Spermy
11-04-06, 15:47
All servers will be taken down at 04:00 PM CEST to apply a preparing content patch. The downtime will take about an hour. We thank you for your understanding.

Can we assume this patch is laying the groundwork for some of the balancing implementations? Or will it's following patch(es) be purely content?

CMaster
11-04-06, 15:51
Contnet generally means new stuff to do/own. We'll see, but the balance discussions are stilll in quite early stages, so I'd be suprised.

NAPPER
11-04-06, 15:59
normal they give us some type of info dont they ??????????

Dirus
11-04-06, 16:00
Purely content/event realted.

Dogface
11-04-06, 16:00
Patch notes I guess will be available when server comes up.

NAPPER
11-04-06, 16:03
so dirus they is nothing new being added ??

sanityislost
11-04-06, 16:07
oooo yay, patch day ftw! >_<

SiL ..:..

Kierz
11-04-06, 16:11
patch notes should be made in advance so it gives us something to read/drool over while we wait for the servers to come back up

gamefreak
11-04-06, 16:14
As you're aware, we've recently fixed some long standing bugs in the foundation of the health code and unfortunately this has introduced a number of unwanted side-effects. We now have two priorities. The first is to resolve the side-effects in-line with the rest of the balancing efforts and the second is to try to avoid any more unexpected problems and unfortunately that means that the content patch has been temporarily put on hold. However, we are aiming to make up for some of the inconvenience with the world event that started yesterday, so expect more from the storyline department over the next 6 weeks or so.

N

has it to do sumthing with this ?

Tesee
11-04-06, 16:18
no this patch is only related to my new invisible hovertech with nuclear missile, so don't worry...

FlashFF
11-04-06, 16:19
Adding more content to make my syncing last longer... WOOHOO!

Jodo
11-04-06, 16:29
Hopefully it'll at least fix the NEXT epic. Been waiting ages now. :mad:

Tratos
11-04-06, 16:38
All servers will be taken down at 04:00 PM CEST to apply a preparing content patch. The downtime will take about an hour. We thank you for your understanding.
Preparing? Will the new stuff be ready when the servers come up or will we wait on another patch to effectivly turn it on like the jones locations?

Also if its lots to do with the event, cool!

NAPPER
11-04-06, 16:40
what event ?????????

Brammers
11-04-06, 16:43
Patch 156! FTW!!!!

SnowCrash
11-04-06, 16:44
No patch notes this time. It's ultra secret preparing content. Just keep your eyes open within the next days. ;)

ROZZER187
11-04-06, 16:44
No patch notes this time. It's ultra secret preparing content. Just keep your eyes open within the next days. ;)

god dammit LOL

Mr Kot
11-04-06, 18:04
Hopefully it'll at least fix the NEXT epic. Been waiting ages now. :mad:Dude, there's already an in-game fix for that. Make a ticket if you haven't already done so.

But ya, i hope they've taken this patch opportunity to sneak in a couple of little fixes here and there.

elGringo
11-04-06, 18:07
But ya, i hope they've taken this patch opportunity to sneak in a couple of little fixes here and there.

negative - trust in teh dirus

Sylow
11-04-06, 18:14
what event ?????????
Probably the big PvP tournament on Mars. Then this patch is no big thing, just a complete balance revamp... :D ;)

Tratos
11-04-06, 18:22
From the size of the patch is there going to be a follow up? or will the added stuff be added by GMs for events?

SorkZmok
11-04-06, 18:45
OMG THERES A NEW NPC SOMEWHERE WHO'S TELLING ME TO FUCK OFF!1

:rolleyes:

Spermy
11-04-06, 18:56
I'm guessing it's something to do withthe floral haywireness...ism...age...

Spider queen rampage!

Zheo
11-04-06, 19:15

So yet again no CM soul light fix and no TL 3 repair and TL10 nerf... well i guess those things would be asking a bit much form Reakktor.

Hell-demon
11-04-06, 19:19
Can't you people be happy for the patch that will bring content to an event you'll probably miss coz you're at work? :rolleyes:

Kierz
11-04-06, 20:13
So yet again no CM soul light fix and no TL 3 repair and TL10 nerf... well i guess those things would be asking a bit much form Reakktor.They said no more band-aid fixes.

No patch notes this time. It's ultra secret preparing content. Just keep your eyes open within the next days. ;)and i'll let you off for this patch, but for future patches can we have something to read while we wait pleasepleasepleaseplease =)

Apocalypsox
11-04-06, 20:54

DAMNIT SNOWCRASH I HATE YOU...

*goes to reactivate ubar 1337 account...*

ZoVoS
11-04-06, 21:19
*googles rabbit pie recipies*

hehe lets hope its a goodn. tick tock tick tock

unreal
12-04-06, 02:56
lol, this is like most other "content" patches then. The contents are kept secret, so when you actually find out what was added, you're like "err, is that all?", and end up being disappointed. [ edited ]

Would have been a great opportunity to get off your arses and fix NPC's like Alchamim for the NEXT epic...

Kierz
12-04-06, 02:58
Well looking in patchlog.txt i see a little bit of interest.
Adding models\objects\easteregg_01_mesh_mn_01.act
Adding models\objects\easteregg_02_mesh_mn_01.act
Adding models\objects\easteregg_03_mesh_mn_01.actalso programmers often call something hidden / a surprise an easter egg (completely unrelated to the easter holiday), but I kinda guess it probably is an actual easter egg model given the time of year =p

Nidhogg
12-04-06, 10:38
lol, this is like most other "content" patches then. The contents are kept secret, so when you actually find out what was added, you're like "err, is that all?", and end up being disappointed. [ edited ]

Would have been a great opportunity to get off your arses and fix NPC's like Alchamim for the NEXT epic...
And on that typically unconstructive post, thread closed.

N