PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of a comeback

Cerati
10-04-06, 22:00
Is this game still worth playing? I used to play on Pluto and had serious fun with this. Shame there is no one-character server anymore :(

Tratos
10-04-06, 22:03
Yes it is.

Anything more specific you'd like to know about? :p

Cerati
10-04-06, 22:11
Maybe I'll download the trial and see what NC2 is like. Terra is 4-char, right?

Tratos
10-04-06, 22:18
Maybe I'll download the trial and see what NC2 is like. Terra is 4-char, right?
Yup, Terra is 4 char and the PvP server (Neptune) is 2 chars.

unreal
11-04-06, 04:13
I wouldn't bother with Neptune though, as it's average population is 0%. But if you play on Terra, message unreal or unrael and I'll help you out.

Sandman61
13-04-06, 13:58
i'm thinking of comeback too... I played Neocron 1 and then I didn't have enough money...
anywayz is neocron is still the main city? i mean like it was in nc1 because i heard it isn't anymore...

unreal
13-04-06, 14:37
Well I haven't played Neocron 1, only played since Neocron 2 beta, but I would guess in those days it was just Neocron, TG canyon, MB and TH? These days there's Dome of York as well.

Neocron is more populated when you just look at the activity throughout each sector, that's usually where new people end up, whereas the Dome has lots of people allied to it, but they generally don't run round it much unless they're buying something or doing an epic or something like that. They're usually at Outposts or TechHaven, or just levelling somewhere.

I would say resubscribe and check it out. :) If you need help on Terra (that's the english/international server these days, where you'll probably want to transfer your NC1 characters). Message unreal or unrael if you need help.

Sandman61
13-04-06, 15:53
unreal ... i probably will have more questions so thanks :)
anywayz, neocron was the main city and was full of people there and it was the mainly trade center ...

where is the main trade center?

what can i do in hacknet?

unreal
13-04-06, 16:20
Plaza 1, DoY City Center, MB sector 1 and TH are all safe zones again. So generally those are the trading spots (except DoY City Center really, since it's usually not populated). I think it's partically because the Dome is so big, noone can be bothered running round its maze like sectors. Depends where people want to meet I guess, you just ask on trade or message the person, and work out the rest from there.

Sandman61
13-04-06, 19:15
unreal is there anyway like msn that i can contact u?

unreal
13-04-06, 19:45
heh sure, I'll send you a PM later with the addy, I'm off to the pub in a minute, then going to a party. :D

zii
13-04-06, 20:16
I wouldn't bother with Neptune though, as it's average population is 0%. But if you play on Terra, message unreal or unrael and I'll help you out.

The ruleset on Neptune is fantastic. The dropped items drop into the QB that doesn't need hacking and the SI rate goes away nearly three times as fast than the other servers. However, it is seriously under populated. I play there...

mage
14-04-06, 02:10
i was thinking of getting back into the the game too; i was checking the forums to see if it was worth it :) i remember back in the day, if you would ask if it were getting back into, people would just say no flat out. I always did love the game but got annoyed at the bugs. In any case, i too am downloading the client and will be seeing you guys soon.

Vryce
14-04-06, 03:55
I wouldn't bother with Neptune though, as it's average population is 0%.

That's because we have the counter turned off. :p

sanityislost
14-04-06, 04:04
Hey dude, yea its worth comng back. Alot has changed and alot hasnt.
get a trail account going and see for yourself >_<

SiL ..:..

Superbron
14-04-06, 15:32
Shame there is no one-character server anymore :(
There still is a one-slot server: Mars, but this is a german server.

Cnug
27-04-06, 08:23
Im thinking of doing a comeback too.
I stopped playing when the game got upgraded to NC2.
What im wondering now is wether i can transfer the chars from my old NC1 account to NC2? Would be a shame to have to start all over again.

Pantho
04-05-06, 04:52
yes u can, but dont expect your items to come along. just your Char, about 100k if its capped. and its inmplants/quickbelts . Not including any pic items, or things that got Milky Ren'd