PDA

View Full Version : Stupid damn keyboard

cRazy-
10-04-06, 15:41
How strange...

It seems my entire keyboard works perfectly except pressing left shift and certain keys like 'i' or '+' doesnt work, but sometimes it does. Also capitalising keys with left shift works fine.

Anyone have any ideas as too why?

Tratos
10-04-06, 15:43
You spill Jack Daniels on it?

I did with my last keyboard which cost me £60 after about 3 months of having it, it did some crazy shit then died :(

Brammers
10-04-06, 15:49
Or have you put your keyboard into a diffirent language? (ie It's now a French layout keyboard intead of a UK one)

Skusty
10-04-06, 15:55
Alt + Shift switches the language modes, it works for me when i can't type äö in nc.

cRazy-
10-04-06, 15:56
hah <3 Skusty, it worked.

Mods can close now or do whatever they usually do.

Apocalypsox
10-04-06, 16:06
harhar crazy p00ning himself is funnehz0rz

/spam

ZoVoS
10-04-06, 18:31
You spill Jack Daniels on it?

I did with my last keyboard which cost me £60 after about 3 months of having it, it did some crazy shit then died :(

you do realise you could probably just open up the keyboard. seperate the film layers and indevidualy wash them take a dryer to them reasemble them and save ur self 60 quid???

i have spilt booze over soooo many keyboards... i cant aford to replace them all ^_^

Tratos
10-04-06, 18:48
you do realise you could probably just open up the keyboard. seperate the film layers and indevidualy wash them take a dryer to them reasemble them and save ur self 60 quid???

i have spilt booze over soooo many keyboards... i cant aford to replace them all ^_^
I still have it in my wardrobe, lol i did try taking it to bits and drying it out but i doubt it's fixable :p

ZoVoS
10-04-06, 18:52
I still have it in my wardrobe, lol i did try taking it to bits and drying it out but i doubt it's fixable :p

cant dry it you have to clean it :D if you dont clean it it maintains a horible thing sticky layer than prevents connections between film layers

duno how they work tbh but they look pritty simple. pushing a key creates a conection between layers. one side had all thats sticky crap on it andnt ahts why one side of my keyboard usualy didnt work (nearly alwys teh left side because i drink with my left hand >_< cant take my hand of the mouse like init)

i use just normal water and light scrubbin with a soft cloth =] and have never had one stop working on me after its been cleaned =\ my friends said sumthing about sugars in the drink desolving something but hey its always worked for me

=] gluck with keyboard cleaning ^_^

Skusty
10-04-06, 21:18
hah <3 Skusty, it worked.

Mods can close now or do whatever they usually do.
Woo! I got an another fan!! :D

RogerRamjet
11-04-06, 00:10
A friend of mine spilt a pot noodle on his keyboard once.

Superbron
12-04-06, 21:58
A friend of mine spilt a pot noodle on his keyboard once. :eek: You should return it and ask for a refund. It really is a shame what is slipping into jars these days... :angel: