PDA

View Full Version : Increase draw distance ffs

Droth
10-04-06, 07:59
been playing for a little bit now and have been on a riffle spy the entire time..ffs increase my damn view distance! i spend all day shooting at fog/darkness. i dont want to be able to see for miles but atleast let me see what the hell i'm shooting.. i heard the reason for not being able to see is to not give people with better computers an unfair advantage..this game has been out since 2003 ffs if they are playing on a box that cant handle the draw distance on a 3 year old mmo then good riddens. my little brother plays on a pc that is so old he has it in peices sitting on his desk with a small fan blowing on it because it caught fire once and parts from 3 old computers and even it could support a better draw distance! Snipers need to be able to snipe its what they do please please let us see what we are shooting at. :mad:

FlashFF
10-04-06, 08:03
On most engines the draw distance probably could be increased. The NC engine, already running a 100% CPU and sucking up most of your memory could cause even new systems issues.

Droth
10-04-06, 08:11
ok i'm in the gr area in th and yes i concede my cpu says 100% but could they not make it so the scope can zoom farther? surely there must be something they could do about this..i run a bunch of crap(team speak msn aim winamp) in the background i'd gladly give up all of those if i could see. i'd settle for just seeing something besides black maybe a 2d outline or hell even a bright red dot where something is

FlashFF
10-04-06, 08:24
What I think they should do is move your fog center...
So at the moment it is a radius around you, but with zoom on, it should be moved forwards to fit with the scope, so that when you zoom in you can see futher. But to even hope to have that implemented you'd have to get KK to pay attention lol.

Droth
10-04-06, 08:32
perfect ehhem HEY KK DO THAT!! maybe that will get them :lol:

Strife
10-04-06, 08:40
I used to play with my fog distance really close up because my cpu/gfx card was crap. I get a whole new computer, get back into neocron waiting to see how it looks with force fog all the way down to nothing, and it's almost the same distance. It's just ridiculous.