PDA

View Full Version : Ammo question

Cgarza05
10-04-06, 06:09
I been working on recycling and got pretty high skill in i but alot of the times it says it needs more junk. But if I do some weapon mods it will make alot of ammo. So basically my question is what junk is usefull and if so is there a site that says what makes what? Thank you in advance.

FlashFF
10-04-06, 06:59
Basically, the amount of ammo made depends on the value of the junk you put in.
There are 3 types of junk that recycle into ammo and the like (last I checked).

1. Chemicals
This is things like Solantium and Meritium (the little yellow or blue tubes). They don't really have much value so its often difficult to make even 1 pack of ammo with this. They are also very heavy, so I wouldn't bother.

2. Construction Parts
These are things like the Tangent Weaponpart or Tangent armorpart. These are mostly numbered 1 - 10 (1 being the lowest value, 10 being the highest), with the exception of implant parts which are labelled ... A-K I think... :) A being lowest and K being the highest. The lower values of these don't usually make much ammo, but the higher end ones (especially the high end armorparts) can make a lot or ammo (usually too much and so these are best for recycling high level drugs and such).

3. Monster Junk
This is things like Mutated Limbs and Large Entrails and the like. This does not include Metal pipes, Metal Plates, wood, Wire junk, etc. The way you can tell this, is that when you throw it on the floor, the monster junk shows up as a little bag (for the moment it may not always be this way) whereas the wood and such (the valueless junk) shows up as whatever it is.

As for their actual values, if you go to a Yo's pawnshop, the junk that has the highest sell price has the higher value, and will therefore make more ammo/medkits/whatever.

Hope that helps and isn't too badly written (nearly 6AM here).

unreal
10-04-06, 10:19
I would advise you to recycle your ammo from the less expensive MOB loot and sell the more expensive junk (such as armour part 10's) with a barterer. It might be worth noting that if you try recycling more than one of the same armour part, it'll think you're trying to recycle them into something else. The same applies to Weapon Parts. For example:

2 x Weapon Part 1 = 1 x Weapon Part 2
2 x Weapon Part 2 = 1 x Weapon Part 3

The same happens with armour parts...

2 x Armour Part 1 = 1 x Armour Part 2
2 x Armour Part 2 = 1 x Armour Part 3

Recycling is generally cost inefficient, and you would benefit more from assigning your skill points to something more worth while, like Agility, or Pistol/Rifle Combat. If you save up and sell your junk with a barterer, you'll get quite a lot for it. This helps when getting the barterer to buy a big stash of ammo for you, not forgetting outposts sell it cheaper than in the regular shops, and even cheaper if the person is in the clan that owns it.

Imagine if you wanted more Nightspider (a drug that gives +16 implant, +5 psi, psi use +20, and force resist -20). You could buy it from the BD FSM which costs about 2k ish without barter. You could recycle it from junk, which uses up junk that's worth the same amount of cash as the unbartered Nightspider.

So this would mean you would have to recycle 2 x Tronik Parts (usually dropped on Launcher Cyclops, worth about 700nc or 800nc each, or something around there unbartered) to make one Nightspider. You would benefit more from selling the two Tronik Parts with a barterer, getting about 1.5 or 1.6k per Tronik Part.

You could then get a BD barterer to buy you drugs from the BD FSM, or you can see if runners are selling it on trade. Or if you have a tradeskiller, you could build them yourself. Constructing a single drug costs about 400nc or so (again, I can't remember the exact numbers, kind of forgot the prices), as this is the price of a barterer Trisol chemical.

There's usually a Goguardian a sector or two away to get another big stash of ammo anyway. But if you still want to keep your recycle skill, I would advise only using the maximum amount you need for recycling your ammo, bearing in mind you could get your hands on a Recycle Glove which costs about 100k each, and will give you a +15 Recycle bonus, to save you yet more skill points. Mines (check the World Map and look at the Outpost security settings, checking if any are set to be your ally) give you a +25 Recycle bonus too, or +50 if you're in the clan that owns it.

SorkZmok
11-04-06, 07:29
About the mob junk, the higher the price is at YO's, the better they are for recycling.

As unreal said, i'd rather sell the high end junk with a barterer instead of using it to clone ammo.
Though i usually use that junk and armorpart 10s to make drugs. 10 AP 10s give over 30 lvl 5 drugs, 10 parts of highlevel junk give some amount between 5 and 10 drugs. It's more expensive then building drugs but a lot faster. Pretty nice actually.
But with everything else you're better off using bad junk or just buying it from the shops.

/edit
To keep you supplied with ammo out in the field or some dungeon with no gogu near, i advise using a recycle glove and armorparts 8 and 9. You can carry quite a few and recycling ammo with just one usually gives enough clips for some time. Just make sure to stick one clip into your processor so you won't accidently use up all your ammo. (Guns won't use ammo out of the processor, inventory only)
I had that a few times and it's pretty annoying when you are deep down the doy tunnels when you find out you accidently used up every last clip of ammo. :lol: