PDA

View Full Version : Ammo

Cgarza05
10-04-06, 05:57
I been working on recycling and got pretty high skill in i but alot of the times it says it needs more junk. But if I do some weapon mods it will make alot of ammo. So basically my question is what junk is usefull and if so is there a site that says what makes what? Thank you in advance.

FlashFF
10-04-06, 06:55
Basically, the amount of ammo made depends on the value of the junk you put in.
There are 3 types of junk that recycle into ammo and the like (last I checked).

1. Chemicals
This is things like Solantium and Meritium (the little yellow or blue tubes). They don't really have much value so its often difficult to make even 1 pack of ammo with this. They are also very heavy, so I wouldn't bother.

2. Construction Parts
These are things like the Tangent Weaponpart or Tangent armorpart. These are mostly numbered 1 - 10 (1 being the lowest value, 10 being the highest), with the exception of implant parts which are labelled ... A-K I think... :) A being lowest and K being the highest. The lower values of these don't usually make much ammo, but the higher end ones (especially the high end armorparts) can make a lot or ammo (usually too much and so these are best for recycling high level drugs and such).

3. Monster Junk
This is things like Mutated Limbs and Large Entrails and the like. This does not include Metal pipes, Metal Plates, wood, Wire junk, etc. The way you can tell this, is that when you throw it on the floor, the monster junk shows up as a little bag (for the moment it may not always be this way) whereas the wood and such (the valueless junk) shows up as whatever it is.

As for their actual values, if you go to a Yo's pawnshop, the junk that has the highest sell price has the higher value, and will therefore make more ammo/medkits/whatever.

Hope that helps and isn't too badly written (nearly 6AM here).

nellus
10-04-06, 07:57
What flash said is right but one thing i will add is that if your of a reasonably high level and you wanna go hunting somewhere take armour part 9's with you to recycle for ammo. there not as heavy as 10's and only make half the amount of ammo but for say gattlin cannon ammo you still would get 28 ish clips from 1 armour part 9 (This only works realy if your a tank with a bit of free load although i do take R9's with my spy :lol: and there are only a couple of places where the mobs either drop useless junk or its too dangerous to go and loot them)

Cgarza05
10-04-06, 13:46
Ok that helps out alot. I kept trying to make ammo out of wood and was coming up with nothing. Also when should I stop putting points into Recycling? Im 35 in it right now but also dont know what Tech Level ammo I will be using later on.

cMz
10-04-06, 13:51
The highest TL ammo is currently 50, so no more than that is required if you only want to use it for recycling ammo and other stuff.

If you want to salvage things you need much higher skill.

Riddle
10-04-06, 13:51
Ok that helps out alot. I kept trying to make ammo out of wood and was coming up with nothing. Also when should I stop putting points into Recycling? Im 35 in it right now but also dont know what Tech Level ammo I will be using later on.

Only spec enoogh to cover the ammo your using no more its a waste for combat class.

Later when you cap you will lom it out to as you can get a tradeskiller to create stacks of ammo for your chosen weapon to keep in your gogo. and use the points for something better :D

unreal
10-04-06, 20:58
Nice, looks like the post I submitted that took about 10minutes to write got deleted, for some unknown reason... o_O Time to request yet more deleted posts be forwarded to my PM inbox so I can ask "WTF, Why?".

Nidhogg
10-04-06, 21:22
Nice, looks like the post I submitted that took about 10minutes to write got deleted, for some unknown reason... o_O Time to request yet more deleted posts be forwarded to my PM inbox so I can ask "WTF, Why?".
I remember reading that post earlier. I'll check the logs.

/edit - Are you thinking of this one? (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?p=1974478#post1974478)

N

Napalm82
10-04-06, 21:33
Another good rule of thumb is:
The more the trash fills in your inventory (1/2/4 slots) the better it is to clone with, this could save you some trouble if your hunting some new mobs so you dont have to drag 1 of each to yo's to find out whats good. (Of course if your picky you can drag the largest trash to YO's and find out what peice of trash yeilds that 3 extra clips)

- Nap

Nidhogg
10-04-06, 21:41
This is a good example of why cross-posting is confusing. Please use the other thread here. (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=133450)

N