PDA

View Full Version : [Brainport] Rare Spawn mobs!

b00n
09-04-06, 23:13
In WoW (i know i know) there are mobs that spawn once or twice a day in different parts of the world that drop decent gear. Would a GM be able to spawn a mob with a different name? I'd love to see a rare spawn giant decayed horror.. like the size of the hurler king! Maybe make the loot a key and maybe a note inside that gives a clue to the whereabouts of the box. What do you all think?

giga191
09-04-06, 23:15
I really enjoyed hunting for kami chip mobs, even though I never found one

Tratos
09-04-06, 23:42
Well there are a number of special named mobs around the world of Neocron but they're very low leveled mobs - i'd love to see them boosted to like 100/100 or 120/120 for randomd suprises in the mobs, perhaps having them only respawn after so many hours/days once they are killed.

I only found another one when i was hunting for Neocore camps just the other week so i think there are around 6-7 special named mobs out there, could be more!

Kazuya
09-04-06, 23:50
/signed nice idea

Transformer
10-04-06, 00:38

I had one spawned on me in my first weeks of playing neocron in PP1 and I was flipping out in Vent lol. I told my friend about it and they went and killed it...bastards.

giga191
10-04-06, 01:36
Trying to find the spirit mod guy was kewl too. They could easily make enough items to do this, just change the colour of the shots/swirly and/or the skin for the gun. Any slightly variation to a weapon would make it kewl.

CMaster
10-04-06, 02:22
Meh, I don't want to have to time-sink hugely to find this once-a-day mob to get items that I want. However, I don't have any issue with having some tougher, big loot (multiple techs?) dropping mobs around.
Also tratos - named mobs? Do you just mean like the ones for epics, or are there others? Can't say I've noticed any.

Tratos
10-04-06, 02:31
Also tratos - named mobs? Do you just mean like the ones for epics, or are there others? Can't say I've noticed any.
Deffinetly not including epics too ;)

To my knowledge there is:
Sandcrawler
Lizard
Small Reaper
Preacher
Wolf

There are more and i cant remember which >_< the Lizard was the one i saw a few weeks ago for the first time and EVERYONE must have seen the El Farid Desert Wolf ;)

Paper Dragon
10-04-06, 02:35
The Lil Bastard should be added for this role.

Watch, at that point, all the threads demanding the idea is then removed. :p

CMaster
10-04-06, 02:35
Small Reaper is what a Grim Chaser spawns...
As for the rest they don't sound very special, although I don't think I;ve seen a "preacher" around.

Dirus
10-04-06, 02:55
The named mobs were all supposed ot be for the Crahn Epic, originally there was 8 mobs planned for that Epic.

PSI-Spider Latekulus
Tacholytium Titan Warbot
Mutant Giant Veskulus
Reaper Galopticus
PSI Mutant Gyphilius - Not Used
El Farid Village Giant Wolf - Not Used
Sandmonster Karmanus - Not Used
Swamplizard Zyphotoles - Not Used

CMaster
10-04-06, 03:01
Never seen the last four. Do they spawn as it is?

Dirus
10-04-06, 03:06
The Wolf is just north of the El Farid village.. The Sand Monster is in the desert near DoY, and I forget where the other two are atm.

Apocalypsox
10-04-06, 06:26
The Wolf is just north of the El Farid village.. The Sand Monster is in the desert near DoY, and I forget where the other two are atm.

I SHALL HUNT IT DOWN WITH MY GLIDER AND MY RIFLE! is it big or just like a normal hazard worm? a sand monster should be Fing huge...like the reagents boss

OHH OHH IDEA why dont we make these rare spawn mobs like the collauses (sp?) in God of War that thing is fucking awsome. would love to see it wandering around the desert

Tratos
10-04-06, 09:39
Small Reaper is what a Grim Chaser spawns...
As for the rest they don't sound very special, although I don't think I;ve seen a "preacher" around.
I meant thats what they looked like not what they were called as i couldnt remember the names :)

Tesee
10-04-06, 13:12
you have forgotten the 80/80*** poisonous plant, not for an epic but for drug mission, there are three of them
there is the malfunctionning warbot too which is some kind of special mob for BT epic (and FA too if i remember but at different places)

CMaster
10-04-06, 14:03
you have forgotten the 80/80*** poisonous plant, not for an epic but for drug mission, there are three of them
there is the malfunctionning warbot too which is some kind of special mob for BT epic
Theres actually four Herbalis plants, but I wouldn't call them rare spawn.
And yeah, there is a special warbot for the NEXT/BT epic (spawns in two locations, same mob though), and a special copbot (killer copbot) for the CA epic.

naimex
10-04-06, 14:04

hmm I've never seen the :

Sandmonster Karmanus

either, but i've seen the rest..

pabz
10-04-06, 14:04
i liked hunting for fh2 s

Galileo
10-04-06, 16:51
I think the Warbot statue should come alive once every X days at 127/127 and drop something nice.....or there should be a mission that includes it and "activates" it - I love that statue :)

Tratos
10-04-06, 17:30
The sunken remains of another of the giant warbots near McPhearson is cool too ;) could perhaps go in with reactivating the giant statue :D

b00n
10-04-06, 19:03
I think the Warbot statue should come alive once every X days at 127/127 and drop something nice.....or there should be a mission that includes it and "activates" it - I love that statue :)
That would be awesome.. like the devastator warbot

Apocalypsox
10-04-06, 22:37
no Tiny the Devastator and make him have dual CS weapons- that fire blue plasma balls instead of green :D

mdares
10-04-06, 22:44
have them perhaps drop vanity items that have some limited usage in pvp; i.e. a belt that shrinks ur char down to 50% of its original size (but because of that ur overall speed will seem to be reduced as ur "steps" are much smaller and thus cant cover as much ground in the same time; but so will ur hitbox). then its debatable whether or not u'd wanna be using it in pvp for the smaller hit box but less resists, etc.

but yeah "timed" spawn mobs that DONT require 40 people to kill would be leet...

Archy
10-04-06, 22:44
More variants would be nice as variety would enhance gameplay. Add variants for everything , make them drop more or less. It will also promote teamplay as killing battalions of warbots and hunting area's that contains heavy mob presence (high ranked groups). As Cmaster said, i dont want to hunt 1 or 2 mobs that spawns everyday, i want variety and new mobs.

I've already found 3 techs in a warbot lately.

prozium
06-12-06, 02:39
hrmmm everyone forget the Scorpion Queen or King , That spawned down in the elfarid catacombs, I think it dropped the Poison Resist Armor , or WAs it the Titan "fire" armor?.....anyways they got rid of that boss mob before nc2 even started, And I never knew why either =/

Jodo
06-12-06, 02:49
hrmmm everyone forget the Scorpion Queen or King , That spawned down in the elfarid catacombs, I think it dropped the Poison Resist Armor , or WAs it the Titan "fire" armor?.....anyways they got rid of that boss mob before nc2 even started, And I never knew why either =/

errr, thats there if you go deep enough. Scorpion Queen drops Titan armour in El Farid and the Viper King (or something) drops the Viper King armour in The Graves. People are selling them every day for about 50k on Terra.

Neally
06-12-06, 02:50

I remember they spawned a massive group of those DOY guys dropping the Kamis, about 4-5 Kamis at once :angel:

solling
06-12-06, 12:06
kamis where fun becourse they would spawn all over the wasteland not just oen place

if u get rare spawns plz let them spawn multiple places and dont turn this into a W*W kinda game where all u do is farm :(

[TgR]KILLER
06-12-06, 12:13
Trying to find the spirit mod guy was kewl too.

hehe i never had to find the spirit mod guy.. he found me :p he was shooting me from a mountain and i swept around and killed him ^^ that brought in some decent cash in back then :P

but yea love the idea of rare spawn mobs to.. /signed

malfunctionning warbot too which is some kind of special mob for BT epic (and FA too if i remember but at different places)

no warbot in FA epic ^^

Brammers
06-12-06, 12:25
Special Warbot, thats also in the Crahn Epic.

jini
06-12-06, 12:41
boing boing lol. I saw paper dragon's post and I said: IS IT possible? Paperdragon back and Giga says nothing?

Then I saw the bump :p.... :rolleyes:

giga191
06-12-06, 16:23
I'd say ban him for the bump, but it's a good thread so i'll allow it

Dogface
06-12-06, 18:37
Anyone read Dirus' sig? :eek:

(I noticed the Paper Dragon thing too :p )

jini
06-12-06, 19:05
Anyone read Dirus' sig? :eek:

(I noticed the Paper Dragon thing too :p )
I just did, and I completely disagree with this dude's opinion.
You can go buy a luxury Mercedes car and have it as it is, as its manufacturers originally conceived, or buy one and start adding "accessories" like fur covers for the seats/ steering wheel, hang items in the mirror install hiend subwoofers in the trunk and so on :p

giga191
06-12-06, 22:40
I never flamed PD without good reason