PDA

View Full Version : Crahn Epic - KK Does it again!

Zheo
08-04-06, 23:03
Some or all of you may remember the old biotech mission impossible when ranked xx/35's where expected to go to Loba Village and face around 40+ DOY bots the only ones you know 120/120 3 shot kills ya kinda guys? When moveon's price shot up because doing the epic became near impossible unless you had some help like a fast vehicle and ppu support.

Well the Crahn epic is now mission impossible, with the cop bots in gaya mine killing you with great ease!

Come on Dirus, or someone please explain how say a rank 40/35 apu gets past all those copbots to complete the epic...wait you probably cant thing off a good way can you other than "Get some help" Well typical I expect KK will fix this issue in say 2020? When they log on with a character and try to do it and wonder why they cant :D until they anyone have an le'd ppu me and some other ppl can borrow? Also make sure you keep that le in you could make a fortune with crahn epic runners!

unreal
08-04-06, 23:11
It is in rather a tricky spot to get to if you're such a low level newbie. But if you have high level PPU support, you won't really have much of a problem. Tanks will be able to survive depending on the setup, Spies and PE's can keep stealthing to avoid detection by most of them. And monks, well, they get uber energy resist from armour, along with xray too, it's not really that difficult considering there's a pipe at the very bottom where the Warbot is, stopping the mobs from getting to you. I guess the harder part of things is looting the warbot when the 120/120 mob is nearby. But then again, you could just wait and let the PPU grab it instead.

Admittedly the DoY tunnel part is rather nasty. But it is marked as one of the higher level parts of the quest (hence the rank requirement for it). You only need to right click on the corpse and quickly click your mouse then run away.

Superbron
08-04-06, 23:22
The Crahn epic is ridiculous hard on the Gaya mine part. Please fix KK!

Dirus
08-04-06, 23:24
Err. The epic has been that way since Day 1. I think youre a 1-2yrs behind with this thread.

All the epics need updating not just the Crahn one. So for now, get someone to help you like everyone else who has done it since day 1.

Strife
08-04-06, 23:29
Grow a set and take out your LE.

Spermy
08-04-06, 23:29
Err. The epic has been that way since Day 1. I think youre a 1-2yrs behind with this thread.

All the epics need updating not just the Crahn one. So for now, get someone to help you like everyone else who has done it since day 1.

Whats the dealio with that? Is there a gonna be a restructure of those mines? In all honesty with the pops NC has at the moment, there's not always someone ( Read MONK ONLY), who's either

A) on

B) actually willing to help

Dirus
08-04-06, 23:35
Whats the dealio with that? Is there a gonna be a restructure of those mines? In all honesty with the pops NC has at the moment, there's not always someone ( Read MONK ONLY), who's either

A) on

B) actually willing to help

Restructuring of the mines?.. not likely, placement of NPC's is more like what will change.

As for A & B, I had no problem with it a few days ago. Guess thats more of a "who you know" issue. And no the person who helped me didn't know who I am so, that wasn't the case.

Spermy
08-04-06, 23:40
Restructuring of the mines?.. not likely, placement of NPC's is more like what will change.

Sounds like a welcome change!

As for A & B, I had no problem with it a few days ago. Guess thats more of a "who you know" issue. And no the person who helped me didn't know who I am so, that wasn't the case.

Definitely a "who you know issue", One of my clannies had to wait for some of us to come online to do his, purely because no one else was free/wanted to. God bless the community :p

Zheo
09-04-06, 00:38

I dont remember it being that hard the last time i did it on my old account Dirus last time i dont remember incountering about 20 copbots clumped together, maybe one or two i saw along the way :) but no more than that...so unless your telling me i got lucky, it has got harder, and i have got help but it's still godamn hard :)

Heavyporker
09-04-06, 00:59
Unbelievable bitching.

Do any of you guys know how old I am?

The epics weren't even a gleam in MJS' eyes when I was born, that's how old!

I capped before the epics even started rolling.

I was ancient when the hacker revealed the first screenshot of the tsunami rifle.

SHUT... UP... about how difficult something might be because you're a freaking LOW LEVEL character! Is it so hard to grasp the concept of leveling up to become strong enough to overcome that small obstacle that stopped you before?

Huh?!

/edit - phew... that's a lot of steam released. Nevertheless, my point stands. Difficulty is only to be expected from an epic, ESPECIALLY when you're a low level character.

Trillian
09-04-06, 01:32
Last time I did it was not even two weeks ago, and I did it on a low lvl apu. I even had to drug in order to accept the mission. With the help of a ppu that part of the mission was no problem for me. This is my suggestion for those of you who claim it is impossible.

STOP YOUR FUCKING BITCHING AND WHINING!

I am sick and fucking tired of people bitching and moaning about "oh fix this" "oh this is overpowered/underpowered"

SorkZmok
09-04-06, 02:05

This is bullshit. Every epic is piss easy. Except for the crahn one. On a /35 char it's pretty much impossible, it needs help of at least a capped PPU. And that can't be it.
If it is for /35 chars, let them run the epic on their own. We already got symp mission that one can't do without a PPU to his ass, at least let noobs runt heri fucking epic missions.

SorkZmok
09-04-06, 02:07
With the help of a ppu that part of the mission was no problem for me.It should not require a fucking ppu to get trhough that mission. Thats the point. If you see it that way, everything in this game is a fucking joke because you can take a PPu with you. :rolleyes:
/edit
Uh, double post. I was too drunk to edit my post. Wooohoo. I just fond out i live in drug central. :lol:

IceStorm
09-04-06, 02:18
Err. The epic has been that way since Day 1. I think youre a 1-2yrs behind with this thread.No, it hasn't.

Back when I did the Epic (close to a year ago) it took me a few days due to some glitches with the missions (like the one that shot me back to my previous faction) and the high-rank-no-heart-parts issue. During those few days, the room was always the same: three CopBot-type mobs (one 120/120, the other two 90/90) standing in front of a small two story structure. The Warbot was off to the left, out of visual range of the mobs.

The trip to the cave with the Warbot was uneventful - a couple 90/90 copbot type mobs and that was it. Anyone with a Stealth II/III or Obliterator could do the mission with a small amount of effort and timing.

Wherever these clumps of CopBot mobs have come from, they were not always there.

It's threads like this that make it painfully obvious KK doesn't play (or doesn't see) the same game the subscriber base does.

onero S
09-04-06, 02:46
the epic has not always been that way, I soloed it with a /40 tank back in the day, it has been that way post evo.

And dirus, yea people can get some help, but its just 1 more thing making the game un newbie friendly.

Zheo
09-04-06, 03:32
Well dispite some of you telling me to stop whining and it's "easy" it took 2capped tanks, an a capped ppu with me and my crahn friend to get through and kill the warbot, saw roughly 60 copbots, and killed at least 25 including two storm bots for the fun of it, at one point of taking them all on we managed to somehow die, it was quite funny, me and my noob friend dropped from three storm bots attacking us, then one tank went down and the other died drawing fire while we got rezzed. though that WAS after we'd done the mission.

We both ripped our le's for this help so now we're open to being pk'd and since the /30 le rule (think it;s 30) we cant put our le's back in well i deffinately cant since im a rank /48 now. We probably could have done it with just the ppu really but since we had the option of two capped tanks we choose to accept it luckily they are all friends of mine so i didnt have to pay out any money.

One more thing has anyone noticed that if you genrep at all for missions the amount they pay you for the first 4 just goes on genrep fees? Sure you can run all around the wastelands and do it for free but that time could be used to level and make alot more money :) Anyways all done now, Heavyporker, i dare you to take a /35 apu and do that mission with 60 copbot standing in your way, oh dont get me wrong in 10 goes by myself i made it to the warbot, then all i had to do was hope i could kill it before 3 storm bots and around 15 copbots killed me easy as pie!

Oh also note that if the Crahn epic was like every other epic the warbot would be at the entrance to the mine rather than at the bottom nice :D

-sf-
09-04-06, 06:45
I love that crahn mission where u have to go through the gaja mine!
Its the only mission in the whole game where u actually get some high adrenaline when u do it. i went in and got out alive alone on my pe twice.
It might be difficult for monks to do that tho ;)

However, imho it is the best mission of the missions ingame. Felt like playing Splinter Cell when i did it. Get in unseen, kill the target and get out without detection. Awesome :)

Strife
09-04-06, 07:29
[ edited ]

cRazy-
09-04-06, 07:33
hahahahahhahaahaah

nellus
09-04-06, 08:59
Took me 2 weeks to complete the gaia mine mission with my PPU but hell it was fun trying. All i needed in the end was a droning spy to divert the attention of the copbots and storm bots to allow me to run through to the bottom stage by stage and then kill the warbot with a soul cluster and job was done easy when you know how :p

And i was only ranked /31 at the time so drugged to take the mission so no holy spells for me!

Yes i agree the missions hard but it is an Epic. I think all the epics should have a mission this hard to make it more satisfying when you do eventually overcome it and complete it.

Spermy
09-04-06, 12:12
Bottom line, Yes it's doable.

Provided you have the following.

A buddy, some kind of psi support ( preferably this comes under "buddy" or failing that a decoy.

A point worth mentioning. Epic quests are handed out when your character reaches a certain level. Therefore it is a perfectly reasonable assumption to make that any character from the bracket onwards should be able to do said mission.

People raising the point that they should go cap thier characters and try again aren't exactly making any kind of point. Heavyporker seems to wantto laugh at anyone who finds anything in NC remotely difficult, and the problem still exists.

The gaya glove doesn't really influence gameplay anymore than any other epic item, so I do believe it's reasonable to enquire as to why its epic is so many times more difficult than any other.

Secret Agent
09-04-06, 22:37
the epic has not always been that way, I soloed it with a /40 tank back in the day, it has been that way post evo.

And dirus, yea people can get some help, but its just 1 more thing making the game un newbie friendly.Correct, I'll second that!

Dirus
10-04-06, 02:44
The tile of this thread is "Crahn Epic - KK does it again!" which usually means its something new, when in fact it's not. The mission has always led players into the Gaia Mines from day 1, who's bright idea that was I'm not sure.

Simple fact is this is nothing new, and they all need a rework. Dragging up ages old issues is not really going to do anything. The epics can not currently be redone properly, the game needs new coding to be able to offer fairness to all classes/professions.

So like I said, for now you're just going to have to do it like everyone else who's done it since day 1.

IceStorm
10-04-06, 03:30
which usually means its something new, when in fact it's not.No, it has nothing to do with something new, it has to do with KK screwing up spawns yet again.
The mission has always led players into the Gaia Mines from day 1, who's bright idea that was I'm not sure.And that was fine until Evo 2.1, when someone got the bright idea to spawn an army of mobs in the only Gaia mine used for anything substantial in-game.
Simple fact is this is nothing new, and they all need a rework.The spawns are new and you can do something about it - reset them to their pre-Evo 2.1 levels.
So like I said, for now you're just going to have to do it like everyone else who's done it since day 1.So you're going to bury your head in the sand and ignore the fact that Gaia's spaws are nowhere near identical now to what they were when the Crahn Epic was put in-game?

Are you even reading the same thread I am, Dirus? The problem has nothing to do with the structure or tasks that need to be performed for the Epic, the problem is that someone changed the spanws in Gaia as to make the Epic exceedingly difficult to complete compared to pre-Evo 2.1. Last I saw, moving NPCs, altering spawns, and making minor script alterations were well within KK's abilities.

If you don't want to fix the problem, that's fine, just tell us you're not going to fix the problem, but don't lie to us and tell us "that's how it's always been." Anyone who did the epic pre-Evo 2.1 knows that's not true.

RusSki
10-04-06, 03:46
There are certainly more mobs spawning in there than pre neocron evo.
I thought the spawns in the mine were increased to make the ceres and xbow quests harder since evo. Not sure tho.

Its not that bad and more than possible with ppu support.
However i also agree it shouldnt be the case that a ppu is essential to complete any epic.

IceStorm
10-04-06, 04:47
I was just clued in as to why the spawns are screwed up.

KK used Gaia Mine 3 as a location for the Gentoxic missions, apparently. This is why there are so many copbots in the mine.

So the real question is:

Why did KK re-use an existing Gaia mine instead of using one of the OTHER TWO MINES IN-GAME which aren't in use at the moment?

This is the Dragon's Wraith problem all over again. Add new content that breaks existing content with no discernable reason as to why, then disavow all knowledge as to what's really going on. 140+ Wasteland sectors, entire unused sections of Mainsewer and other locations, and KK's solution is to re-use existing locations.

So like the thread title says, "KK does it again!"

l8m0n
10-04-06, 11:54
Dirus if its been like that since NC1 (which it hasnt cos the mobs got a bost = easier to get on on a low level char) why hasnt it been fixed? lol i know your very busy but tbh every patch brings out more problems than solves, you and the other devs prob have NC accounts, create a new char APU for example and try leveling without ppu support :rolleyes:

then do the epic and try the mine and then you mite realise that its not an easy mission ;)

Now you came back with the response "get help" you have nerfed the heals so its fucking hard for a ppu to keep a rank /40 char alive in there so gfg :rolleyes:

Tratos
10-04-06, 12:07
the game needs new coding to be able to offer fairness to all classes/professions.

So like I said, for now you're just going to have to do it like everyone else who's done it since day 1.
This on the cards for the balance project or will it follow....later?

As for the proble, its to do with the increased number of copbots in the mine from the regant and xbox quests to make those quests tougher meaning the crahn epic becomes tougher at the same time. Pre NC2.1 there were much fewer copbots in those zones meaning it was easier to do solo.

naimex
10-04-06, 12:07
I bring to you, the latest thing.

it's called Tactics.

I'm sure a lot of you are aware of the once 0/2 DoY runners able to get access to inner neocron, simply by moving tactically.

Do the same.

No one said you had to stand in the middle of a hallway and just let the stupid monster beat the shit out of you.

1: Hide.

2: Make decision:

A:Pop out and shoot and return to hide.

if monster is alive go to A else go to 3

or

B:Find a different way around.

3: Move on.

4: New encounter go to 1

EDIT:

Hell, if youre fast enough, you can just run through it all, only getting hit 1 time or so, before you are in a "safe spot" where you can regen, and then when full, run like the wind again.

There are safe spots all over.

I personally soloed the entire crahn epic at some point.

And no not on a /45 or higher..

but on a /29 drugged to the max just to get to /45 to be able to take the missions.

Brammers
10-04-06, 12:15
Wow, one heated thread.

Ok there may be too many copbots in the zone to do the epic solo, but it can be done. It's not impossible, you just need to use your head to think how to achieve the objective.

And everyone seems to have forgotten that there is a 120/120 broken stormbot at the end of the mines, which has been there since the begining of NC2...

So what will happen when the spawn is reduced. Someone will moan that the epic is too easy.

Tesee
10-04-06, 12:49
yes, nobody ever told that epic missions had to be made alone...

I remember my first trip to Loba for the BT epic ... full of NE (so called NE at that time...)

or Giant hoverbombers over the Malfunctionning warbots 8|

for the Crahn epic, thing that for Reaper Galopticus, there is a chance that you find it near a Grim Chaser...:lol:

Superbron
10-04-06, 12:56
I remember the temporary DoY-epic in NC1. That one wasn't easy when you had to kill a Y-replicant sergeant if I recall correctly.

And yes the Crahn epic can be done,but the Crahn epic is a (very) lot harder with the Gaya Mines part than the other epics. It would be fair to get them all on somehow the same level of difficulty....

Argent
10-04-06, 13:26
And everyone seems to have forgotten that there is a 120/120 broken stormbot at the end of the mines, which has been there since the begining of NC2...

You mean NC1, don't you ;]

And yes, the epic is doable, in my opinion all the epics are way too easy, they just take time to do. Epics need to be harder and this is a step in the right direction, even if it was a false step.

SorkZmok
10-04-06, 13:44
for the Crahn epic, thing that for Reaper Galopticus, there is a chance that you find it near a Grim Chaser...:lol:Another stupid thing about the epic, that mob is sitting right on a firemob spawnpoint. First time i ran the epic it was stuck in 2 grims and some other mobs. Had to bring my tank there and gun them down with a reveller to get to it. :rolleyes:

Cor
10-04-06, 14:16

And dirus, yea people can get some help, but its just 1 more thing making the game un newbie friendly.

Yes it's been like that since day 1 of Evo 2.1. But before that anyone could solo the mine with only 2- 3 of the 80 -90 bots and the Trill. botand the big boy 120/120 way in the back.

ZoVoS
10-04-06, 18:34
I remember the temporary DoY-epic in NC1. That one wasn't easy when you had to kill a Y-replicant sergeant if I recall correctly.

And yes the Crahn epic can be done,but the Crahn epic is a (very) lot harder with the Gaya Mines part than the other epics. It would be fair to get them all on somehow the same level of difficulty....

they blew up my mates rhyno =] he was realy pissed off... n then when i ran to hack it the ppu butpluggin me coudlnt out heal the army that came over the hills lol

Androth
10-04-06, 20:46
tbh This epic can be done solo easily. Solo apu might have a bit of trouble, but tbh to level a apu, you might want to consider running hybrid for a bit, gunna make level easier anyways, and a */40ish hybrid can solo this one no sweat. PPU's can indeed do it with creature focus, though it takes a bit of time. Personally its just another thing some people in the community want handed to them rather than having to work for it, but what do I know. As some mentioned before theres a ton of safe spots, the few people I have been goodly enough to help with it with my PPU had the annoying habit of attacking everything there was down there, rather than concentrating on the objective. Frankly thats the only reason anyone attempting to solo this epic really has problems, they are to eager to kill everything.

-A

Shakey The Pimp
10-04-06, 20:55
I agree with Androth the crahn epic isnt easy but it can be solo'd ive done it with a pure apu & a melee tank without help u just have to avoid the copbots as much as possible! Its nice to have a challenge in the game makes getting your gaya glove more satisfying ;)

lol I did the doy temp epic a couple times the worst was killin the damn y rep with a pure apu just had to keep legging it n poppin medis like mad :p

Spermy
10-04-06, 21:03
the few people I have been goodly enough to help with it with my PPU had the annoying habit of attacking everything there was down there, rather than concentrating on the objective. Frankly thats the only reason anyone attempting to solo this epic really has problems, they are to eager to kill everything.

-A

I disagree with both your reasoning and your comment. The fact of the matter is there are other mines that could have and should have been utilised. Simple as.

The copbots were never intended to be a part of the crahn epic, it's been stated by KK themselves, they are for other purposes. Therefore thier difficulty should not be assumed to be part of the crahn epic, and even if you wanted to increase the difficulty of the crahn epic, would it not make sense to do so in a controlled environment, where change would have no impact on other runs, for example an empty Gaya mine?

Methinks yes.

Superbron
11-04-06, 11:11
I disagree with both your reasoning and your comment. The fact of the matter is there are other mines that could have and should have been utilised. Simple as.

The copbots were never intended to be a part of the crahn epic, it's been stated by KK themselves, they are for other purposes. Therefore thier difficulty should not be assumed to be part of the crahn epic, and even if you wanted to increase the difficulty of the crahn epic, would it not make sense to do so in a controlled environment, where change would have no impact on other runs, for example an empty Gaya mine?

Methinks yes.
You sir, are absolutely right.

Durandal|AI
11-04-06, 11:15

Methinks yes.

isnt there an empty mine in the nemesis sector?

they could use this one for the crahn epic.. would be perfect..

onero S
11-04-06, 13:17
I agree with Androth the crahn epic isnt easy but it can be solo'd ive done it with a pure apu & a melee tank without help u just have to avoid the copbots as much as possible! Its nice to have a challenge in the game makes getting your gaya glove more satisfying ;)

lol I did the doy temp epic a couple times the worst was killin the damn y rep with a pure apu just had to keep legging it n poppin medis like mad :p

I can tell you for a fact, that short of you bugging out, there is no fucking way in hell you can solo this with a melee tank/apu post evo.

Tesee
11-04-06, 14:05
why is it a problem not being able to solo an epic ?
I made the Crahn epic with an apu and could not solo it : first the Grim Chaser with Galopticus ( I asked for help and a Tank came to hep me : great !!)
second the Gaya mines : special situation, i didn't remember which mine it was and was blocked in one cause there were many fire mobs blocking the exit.
I called a ppu for help, then I saw that the mine with COPBOTS was visisted by a team (pro city) and negociated my safe passage to the warbot : good fairplay, thanks to the team.

Mr Kot
11-04-06, 14:34
Let's put this all into perspective here:

The gaya mines are really levelling areas, thus they are meant to be crawling with mobs. Crahn epic aside, i was glad when the extra spawns were patched in, as i always found the gaya mine for hunting/levelling to be rather boring.

Now back to the epic itself. The story tells us that the Tacholytium warbot (and remember that tacholytium is mined) lives in the place the mineral comes from. So it makes sense that the warbot is in one of the gaya mines. Of course, a zone full of mobs is going to make it hazardous to reach said warbot, but it just has to be.

Remember now that there are 3 gaya mine zones, one of which has two entrances. The one with 2 entrances has reasonable spawns, the deepest one has the most intensive spawns, yet one has none at all. Solution? Spawn the Tacholytium warbot in the no-spawn mine with the entrance at H-13 Nemesis Lab.

As for the warbot itself, let's beef it up a bit. Once it spawns alone in an empty sector, there should be plenty of cover for even a rank 35 char to wear it down and eventually kill it, even if it's as big as a regular warbot. Another big problem at the moment is that many people are killing the thing to find that it isn't dropping the loot because of the combat rank difference. The warbot is 40/40 so the rank 35 will find it easy, but when capped chars with ranks of over 65 do it, they get no reward, no xp and most annoyingly, no loot. The storyline makes a big point of mentioning how big and fearsome this creature is and "only the bravest monk would attempt to take on such a creature". Now you see why runners would laugh when they meet a pissy little 40/40?

Lets make him at least a 70/70. That way, it's a challenge but still possible alone and it will drop loot even for a capped ppu or droner with a combat rank of 90.

In summary, keep the current mob spawns as they are, beef up the Tacholytium warbot to at least 70/70 and move him to the "C" mine in H-13.