PDA

View Full Version : armor slots FTW!!!!!111

NAPPER
08-04-06, 10:37
just a thought what if you was able to make armor and have slots on it
then you was able to mod it with like more fire resists or nrg and stuff like that what you think ????

Apocalypsox
08-04-06, 10:43
5 slot ultimated power armor 4tw

NAPPER
08-04-06, 10:56
you think this is a good idea ???

Bredahl
08-04-06, 12:57
i like the idea tbh.. i suddently would make sense to build armor..
sry about my shitty english im soooo tired

athon
08-04-06, 14:18
This would only be a good idea if it were completely and properly balanced.

But I agree that more should be done to push the economy to a more player based one.

An alternative could be to make NPC bought armor really expensive. This would make it possible for players to get armor from NPCs if they really needed to, but generally they'd prefer player-made stuff.

Player shops would also be a really good move.

Athon

NAPPER
08-04-06, 14:29
i know this will never happen but than to get armor rare armor you collect rares like you do for weapons.

then you have rare armor for tanks/spys/monks/ pes
then you can make a setup based on your armor bring a bit more
skill to a setup with your armor as well

athon
08-04-06, 14:32
I don't like rares too much. The way NC has worked to date is kind of OK because nothing's really that rare - you can trade and bargain for what you need. But if any more rares get introduced to the current pool it's going to start making that much mroe difficult - especially with a low player base.

Good setups shouldn't mean the player has to have the rare version of everything.

Athon

SorkZmok
08-04-06, 15:17
Like the idea, it would give constructing armor a purpose. Right now it's not really worth the hassle.

And there would be more diversity in setups. 5 stars.

Spermy
08-04-06, 17:17
Suggested it time and again.

>_>

krynstone
08-04-06, 18:07
Agree ftw

Tratos
08-04-06, 18:16

Armour needs to be part of the in-game market for players, even if slots arnt used armour constructed by players should have better stats.

e.g. If a player with high construction builds an Inq 4 helmet it would give: 16.0 force 18.0 pierce 43.0 fire. but that would only be available in the shops at best to say..... 12, 14, 39, also if this was done in this way it would also make player built armour much more valuable even to newbies who could get some armour built which would outlast the next level of storebought because of the quality.

Armour resistances need to decrease as armour degrades (total condition not current i.e. /88% would be alot worse than /100% ) too which would keep armour in circulation to keep it good.

Weight could also be a factor, if a low level constructor make the armour it could be heavy due to less developed construction methods.

-shrug-

NAPPER
08-04-06, 18:24
im liking these ideas but who im i to say

i want nidhod to say somthing about this idea

athon
08-04-06, 18:24

Armour needs to be part of the in-game market for players, even if slots arnt used armour constructed by players should have better stats.

e.g. If a player with high construction builds an Inq 4 helmet it would give: 16.0 force 18.0 pierce 43.0 fire. but that would only be available in the shops at best to say..... 12, 14, 39, also if this was done in this way it would also make player built armour much more valuable even to newbies who could get some armour built which would outlast the next level of storebought because of the quality.

Armour resistances need to decrease as armour degrades (total condition not current i.e. /88% would be alot worse than /100% ) too which would keep armour in circulation to keep it good.

Weight could also be a factor, if a low level constructor make the armour it could be heavy due to less developed construction methods.

-shrug-
Those are some cool ideas.

Athon

Dribble Joy
08-04-06, 18:28
Modding armour values is very risky for balance. I'd like slotted armour but I'd rather it do the following:

Reduce weight.
Add total max condition (100/100 -> 100/120).
Decrease conditionloss.

Spermy
08-04-06, 18:29

Why? O_o

onero S
08-04-06, 22:33

-shrug-

edit: read that comment slightly wrong, yea this idea could be ok. No real reason for it though.

Dribble Joy
08-04-06, 22:46
Armour under 50% loosing armour values might be ok. Then shop bought at 60% would be ok for noobs, but would promote trade between players.

Glok
09-04-06, 12:48
Modding armour values is very risky for balance. I'd like slotted armour but I'd rather it do the following:

Reduce weight.
Add total max condition (100/100 -> 100/120).
Decrease conditionloss.Perfect. And the code for conditionloss is already ingame, higher slots = slower conditionloss. As for resistances, there is a mechanism already for not allowing more than one of the same type of mod (2 barrels on a lowtech gun) so we could have as mods say 1)+5% fire, 2) +7% nrg, 3) +5%xray... and only one can be installed in the armor. This would allow diversity with the 5 pieces of a full armor set, but prevent 'overpowered' resistance setups (hopefully).

edit: A further thought... There could be mods for armor that take up 2 or even 3 slots, supermods of a sort. The benefit over a single slot mod would likely be minimal, but it would allow modding for slightly higher resistances on high slotted armor, this is in keeping with the 'one resistance mod' per armor piece.

NAPPER
09-04-06, 13:03
what about if you keep you mods in the game that you use for the weapons like +11 fire +10 cond etc!!!!!!!!!1111111

RusSki
09-04-06, 17:15

Not sure if nid will say anything but i'll happily comment.

It could be cool. if mods were like xray/fire/energy. Then ppl could tailor armour setups and overall char setups would have more variety. Instead of everyone running around with the same 2 or 3 generic setups.

TensionX
09-04-06, 22:48
Can this be done?

NAPPER
09-04-06, 23:01
no i dont think so but its kool to wish

ZoVoS
10-04-06, 01:10
pritty sure i sujested this and came up with a whole list of mods than you could use on the armour =\

also armour degreading as condition degreades

i shall have a look. i dont think i posted in on zovos

NAPPER
03-06-06, 12:21
just still think you should done somthing with the armor

Scanner Darkly
03-06-06, 12:45
Why? O_o
He is the god of Neocron did you not know

rob444
03-06-06, 13:18
Nice idea, will increase the production of armors ;). 5 *

Scanner Darkly
03-06-06, 13:20
To actually contribute: all for it, as long you can only mod the armour's appearance and non resist stats.

SorkZmok
03-06-06, 13:48
I really like the ideas. Especially modding the appearance, i'd love that.

Would be a major pain in the ass to balance classes then though. But for more variety of setups it would be great. There just need to be more different armorparts.

pabz
03-06-06, 14:03
Ive seen the idea before..

Dribble Joy
03-06-06, 16:11
ONOZ!!!!

It's Teh....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/LordofDementia/IncaseofThreadcromancy.jpg

Apocalypsox
03-06-06, 18:03
ONOZ!!!!

It's Teh....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/LordofDementia/IncaseofThreadcromancy.jpg

ROFL thats fucking GREAT drib. this thread is soo old :rolleyes:

Kierz
03-06-06, 18:25
Armour under 50% loosing armour values might be ok. Then shop bought at 60% would be ok for noobs, but would promote trade between players.
Give a loss of 5% point loss per 20% condition loss or something, so for eg, VK gives 37 poison, at 100% max condition it would give 35.15 and at 60% max condition, 31.45.