PDA

View Full Version : CM have been royally screwed over.

FlashFF
08-04-06, 02:47
I was just wondering how come CM are so screwed over?
1. They get no Mr. Smith missions.
2. Their HQ is not a safezone (whereas everyone elses is).
3. They have no enemies. All of the factions now have these new rules that allow them to gain SL fast for killing enemies. CMs only enemy was removed.
4. CMs cant get out of their home without being attacked by the endless mob of idiots fighting at the zoneline

So seriously, Why not just remove CM as a faction altogether if its gonna be so unbalanced? As far as I can see there are NO bonuses to being a CM.

IceStorm
08-04-06, 03:04
As far as I can see there are NO bonuses to being a CM.I find the ability to go almost anywhere in-game without having to worry about faction guards outweighs all the "negatives".

I also have an LE, so the whole zonewhoring mess in the stairs is nothing more than a minor nusance. I've already commented that having the SL/FS rules change at tight-quarters zonelines is/has been a bad idea and suggested having it changed at wasteland-wasteland zone borders if it has to sit on a zoneline.

Dribble Joy
08-04-06, 03:06
If CM was ever 'balanced' it would still be a fringe faction, it's very nature and methods dictate that.

MB sec 2 could probably do with being a safezone, though I'd prefer a harsher/more comprehensive symp system and have none of MB safe.

What CM really needs is a better Sl system, or rather, a removal of SL and a switch to faction symp.

FlashFF
08-04-06, 03:27
All other factions have a safe HQ. CM at least deserve that.

unreal
08-04-06, 04:09
I think all of the Military Base should be unsafe. They're mercs, they're supposed to be tough and defend themselves at all costs. Their tough image only concludes that they shouldn't have a safe zone to hide in/whore into.

City Mercs is a pretty crap faction to be in at the moment. The only main advantage is being able to use the City Merc Resistor Chip, and even then, its bonuses are pretty crap to use it instead of something like, say, a moveon or marine CPU. If you're going to have a resistor chip, you would use a PPR, and if you were ever going to use a second for whatever reason, it's more practical to use something like the NCPD chip.

I think City Mercs would be fine if Reakktor got their finger out again and made the things that currently affect the game so badly righty now more, well, less bull****. The current SL/symp system is a joke, killing your ally isn't a punishment, it just means you have to spend 5minutes killing a load of NPC's to get your SL/symp back to 100. Defending yourself from allied or neutral attacks means you get punished badly depending on the sector. Killing red SL allies means you will get the same treatment. The last one being the most fucked up of them all. City Mercs are the only ones that are worse off with the change, as you say, because they have no enemies, they can't whore their SL back up like everyone else can.

Infinite
08-04-06, 04:40
Mercs would rule if you could actually RP the faction without getting -101 SL...

Would be kewl if you could choose a certain faction pr 2 to be hostile with as a CM clan. YOu might actually be able to RP and take jobs from other clans then.

Asurmen Spec Op
08-04-06, 04:42
If CM was ever 'balanced' it would still be a fringe faction, it's very nature and methods dictate that.

MB sec 2 could probably do with being a safezone, though I'd prefer a harsher/more comprehensive symp system and have none of MB safe.

What CM really needs is a better Sl system, or rather, a removal of SL and a switch to faction symp.
As said whenever you said it DJ, /sign
its a simple fact that CM cannot, without teaming with a person, even take a contract! youd go red in one kill!

Dribble Joy
08-04-06, 22:13
I think all of the Military Base should be unsafe. They're mercs, they're supposed to be tough and defend themselves at all costs. Their tough image only concludes that they shouldn't have a safe zone to hide in/whore into.
Again we come to the whole symp and defence issue.

You couldn't lower/remove SL/symp loss for mercs in MB though, because you would get CM pkers romping about.

With a symp based system though, people who routinely attack Cms and raid MB will have a tough time eventually, with no enemies, they won't be able to raise CM symp, meaningthey will get picked out by CM runners in other areas easily, loose out on CM based runs and quests an of course get attacked by CM guards before they even get overpriced goods from the vendors.

Hmm, here's an idea. How about your GR fee when you die is dependant on your symp pf the faction that controls the zone?

Die in NC as an anti with -100 symp and you have to pay 64k :p.

unreal
08-04-06, 23:07
I wasn't simply saying MB should be unsafe because City Mercs are supposed to live up to their tough image. I simply think that's how it should be because it would help put a stop to the "oh no, i'm going to die, must run into the safe zone quick" crap that you see today.

I didn't mention anything about decreasing the penalties for CM runners (even if it's actually possible to begin with), if anything they should be decreased for everyone. Factions are rivals and usually unofficial enemies with each other (hence being neutral most of the time). You should be able to kill neutral runners with less of a penalty in City Sectors, not forgetting red SL runners. We now get gang ********** with our sympathy and SL for killing neutral or allied red SL runners in a City Sector, we get punished for killing the NCPD's most wanted. Complete bollcocks to say the least. I hope these sort of nonesense decisions won't happen with the balancing.