PDA

View Full Version : KK Interviews

Nidhogg
07-04-06, 21:00
Over the next few weeks our roving reporter, Chenoa, will wrestle various members of Reakktor to the ground and extract brief interviews from them. The first two victims, I mean interviewees, are Carnage and Suregrip...

Stephan "Carnage" Bast - Qualitiy Assurance Develepment / Community Support

Chenoa: Good morning Stephan !
Carnage: Good morning to you too :)
*Chenoa hands Carnage a cup of coffee !
Chenoa: And how are you today ?
Carnage: Glorious, how else should it be on a Friday? :P
Chenoa: And what's your work at the moment as QA boss ?
Carnage: Mostly it is:
collecting bugs
reproducing bugs
certifying bugs
evaluating fixes
Ah, and to shoo the QA Helpers onto the Testserver
*great praise here to our hard-working honorary QA Helpers*
(Wingthor & Silentium SGM / QAH)

Chenoa: How much are you affected by the Balancing Project ?
Carnage: Because we are discussing the suggestions of the community internally, im affected by this Project of course. Even more so in the studies of the Runner opinions and suggestions of the balancing forums.
Chenoa: What plans do you have for the future, over the coming weeks ?
Carnage: Beetles...... Beetles everywhere....
*Chenoa thinks over what there was in the coffee !!!
Chenoa: For whatever many runners are interested in. Do you play Neocron in private ?
Carnage: If i have time and feel like doing something at the computer in the evening, i log in occasionally on my Tradechar on Mars, but for intensive Clanplay there really isn't the time.

Fabian "Suregrip" Baumgarten - Community Support

Chenoa: Hi Fabian
Suregrip: Hello Nicole
Chenoa: Fabian "Suregrip" Baumgarten - Unknown to all of the Comunity who didn't catch up with you at HelpDesk. Where do you fit in as a member of KK's staff ?
Suregrip: I have been at KK practically since the end of last year and since the beginning of this year, i am a member of the Support Staff at KK. Together with Carnage I do several ticket categories, even account tickets.
Chenoa: What are the priorities in your job ?
Suregrip: My priorities are clear: I want to give all customers a good service.
Chenoa: Are you involved in the balancing project ?
Suregrip: I am involved in all balancing discussions even when i do not have all the experience the other balancers have. I breathe some fresh air into the discussions ;)
Chenoa: How do you see Neocron personally for you ?
Suregrip: Neocron is a unique game, I admire the ideas and inspirations behind the game.
Chenoa: Do you play Neocron 2 in private ?
Suregrip: Ya, i do have a personal account and i love playing the Spy.
Chenoa: Thanks for the Interview Fabian =)

CMaster
07-04-06, 21:10
Chenoa: What plans do you have for the future, over the coming weeks ?
Carnage: Beetles...... Beetles everywhere....
*Chenoa thinks over what there was in the coffee !!!

Lol. Reference to the current event thing? Would have thought not considering his role. Now we know the reason for some of the odder patch changes. KK employees take somewhat interesting substances.

cRazy-
07-04-06, 21:10
Ive drank this wine and for some reason even though im not drunk, I cant seem to read anything without it turning into a blur, but from what I can see it looks good.

FUCKING CMASTER STOLE MY FIRST POST.

sanityislost
07-04-06, 22:39
OK simple question, is everyone there fuckin stoned? lol

but nice one getting some sorta info out :D

or are you guys doing drinking games also?

SiL ..:..

Brammers
07-04-06, 22:39
*Looks at beer*
*Looks at empty wine bottle*

Zheo
07-04-06, 22:56
Your all filthy alcoholics go to an AA meeting, or send some cash my way so i can aford to drink with you :D (if you wondering why i have no money... im married enough said)

elGringo
07-04-06, 22:56
*Looks at beer*
*Looks at empty wine bottle*

onoz.. dejavu. ... I did the *exact* same 'bout 50 seconds ago 8| 8|
...ah wait.. beer was empty as well in my case *phew* :p

edizth: as this was teh slightly offtopic ... lemme say I kinda like teh interviews.. and I'd certainly like to read some more.. especially of codi and teh other c++ geeks. Keep up the good vibe!!

Your all filthy alcoholics go to an AA meeting, or send some cash my way so i can aford to drink with you :D (if you wondering why i have no money... im married enough said)

..make your wife get work & cash in some money dude! :p

unreal
08-04-06, 03:56
lol, I kinda expected the interviews to be a bit larger than 2 questions each... :p

Asurmen Spec Op
08-04-06, 04:24
KK interviews? conspiricy!

Infinite
08-04-06, 04:35
Didn't exactly learn anything

http://www.harderfaster.net/images/smiles/tantrum.gif

Funny read though

Riddle
08-04-06, 13:55
nice guys nice :lol:

Tratos
08-04-06, 13:57
Any info is better than nothing :) thanks to Chenoa for pestering the devs :p

NAPPER
08-04-06, 14:03

what would your wife say lol haha

Nidhogg
19-04-06, 11:43
This time the interview spotlight is turned 180 degrees as Blackivory interviews Chenoa...

[09:04:13:40] Bea 'Blackivory' Reuschling: Hello Chenoa :)
[09:04:13:40] Chenoa: Huhu Black
[09:04:13:41] Bea 'Blackivory' Reuschling: *gives Chenoa some jelly babies
[09:04:13:41] Bea 'Blackivory' Reuschling: not all at KK are addicted to coffee ;)
[09:04:13:41] * Chenoa takes some to calm down her nerves
[09:04:13:42] Chenoa: Oh, I am =)
[09:04:13:42] Chenoa: Without coffee everything stops !
[09:04:13:42] Bea 'Blackivory' Reuschling: Well, now the interview is underway, can you give us a short resume of what you are doing, even if you are well known to the community ?
[09:04:13:45] Chenoa: At KK I am Event Official meaning I am Leader of the Event Team, the Ceres Project - all of the RP Chars. On the German side of the forums I am working as LeadMod trying to keep order together with Ziu and Thor (if necessary giving out locks and edits), even to get some atmosphere into the forums (it is my favourite at the moment, hrhr). I am also helping Carnage with the ticket system and working on the storyline with Heretic and Snowcrash =)
[09:04:13:48] Bea 'Blackivory' Reuschling: Are you involved in the balancing project ?
[09:04:13:48] Chenoa: Nope, I let this be taken care of by the Devs (Thana, Snow, Carnage, Codi, etc.)
[09:04:13:50] Bea 'Blackivory' Reuschling: I guess I am right saying you are not allowed to say anything about the upcoming storyline?
[09:04:13:52] Chenoa: Nothing in detail. I can only say that we are working hard, many small and big parts are in work and that you should keep an eye on the magazines and your ingame emails. There is something coming up concerning the alliances and the factions. Mostly the faction goals within the alliances are becoming more important resulting in some conflicts. You should not forget those two "strange guys" (I am calling them that), you cannot forget them *g*
[09:04:13:53] Bea 'Blackivory' Reuschling: So, are there are some nice events coming up in the future ?
[09:04:13:53] Chenoa: Sure thing =)
[09:04:13:53] * Chenoa is just grinning :P
[09:04:13:56] Bea 'Blackivory' Reuschling: What kind of events and when do they start?
[09:04:13:57] Chenoa: All kinds and they are taking place anywhere at any time. Sometimes with a big announcement, sometimes more hidden. Not everything can be announced; such parts from the storyline being absolutely RP (e.g. the global event, started not that long ago). Even runner events which are being announced officially. There is something for everyone even if it is not a daily matter. At the moment we got all kinds of work concerning Factions/ Alliances/ Servers.
[09:04:13:58] Bea 'Blackivory' Reuschling: Meaning the work with this spiders?
[09:04:14:01] Chenoa: Lol, ya.... but I cannot tell you anything about it. They will take place more and more ingame. It is a whole story of its own written by me, which will get connected into the storyline by Heretic and myself. All I can say is: keep your eyes open and take part. There won't be any more info on this. This story is the continuing of an old story which took place in NC1 (which one I wont tell right now). You should not just keep an eye on your fps but on what is happening ingame as ordered by the community =)
[09:04:14:01] Chenoa: Looking at the kind of this event, I am greeting all of you who still remember the STORM event back in NC1 :P
[09:04:14:02] Bea 'Blackivory' Reuschling: So the runners should keep their eyes open to take part in this event?
[09:04:14:03] Chenoa: To put it another way: they will be involved automatically if they let this happen :P
[09:04:14:04] Bea 'Blackivory' Reuschling: Good to know - but sometimes you used media like Neocronicle or the Voice of the Resistance? I have the story about Hiob in my mind - do you want to say something about it?
[09:04:14:06] Chenoa: Some stories, we let just run through the magazines, that's correct. As a runner you can't be aware of all of it, because of the RL (it is nothing to eat!), server, faction, alliance or like Hiob, there could only be the hackers to chase him. You can't be everywhere at any time and therefore the news exists just like in the real world to get the people connected. And I think Heretic is doing a really great job at it!
[09:04:14:07] Bea 'Blackivory' Reuschling: A click at the magazines in the launcher is worth it?
[09:04:14:08] Chenoa: It is indeed! As soon as I get the go ahead by Heretic, the news will be posted in the launcher window that it is up to date!
[09:04:14:08] Chenoa: There even exists an RSS Feed which Mokoi built in into the magazines (Banner).
[09:04:14:08] Chenoa: Come in and find out! I think we managed to agree on the opinion poll in the forums: more ingame mails, more news in the launcher, more articles in the mags - so who is now missing something? .... ;)
[09:04:14:09] Bea 'Blackivory' Reuschling: Good closing words! Thanks for your time for this interview and the quick insight into your work and upcoming events!
[09:04:14:10] Chenoa: You are welcome =)
[09:04:14:10] * Bea 'Blackivory' Reuschling gives Chenoa a big Cappuccino
[09:04:14:10] Bea 'Blackivory' Reuschling: You deserved it ;)
[09:04:14:10] * Chenoa takes it thankfully and goes back to her work =)

Pantho
20-04-06, 07:38
guessing you didnt do this one early monday morning like you did the last one :angel:

Bugs Gunny
20-04-06, 09:42
I don't mean to attack anyone personaly, but it seems very odd to me that someone who only plays his tradeskiller sometimes and does the QA (which we've all seen in action the last two years) is allowed to be involved in the ballancing discussions........

Maybe KK should let their staff that actualy plays the game a lot do it.

CHA0S
20-04-06, 12:05
I don't mean to attack anyone personaly, but it seems very odd to me that someone who only plays his tradeskiller sometimes and does the QA (which we've all seen in action the last two years) is allowed to be involved in the ballancing discussions........

Maybe KK should let their staff that actualy plays the game a lot do it.

Good point

/signed

Nidhogg
20-04-06, 14:22
Virtually all members of KK have lived and breathed Neocron every day for years now and their input is valueable. If you want to make a big deal about this start a thread in comm talk, but don't derail this one.

N

/edit - @Pantho and anyone else who cares to ignore this post and carry on the discussion in this thread, this isn't the right place and your posts will just be deleted.