PDA

View Full Version : Downloading broken files

SorkZmok
07-04-06, 20:54
After i somehow completely destroyed my NC installation, i just reinstalled it, patched it and now am downloading broken files. No clue why and i don't care.

What i do care about: It took me about 1.5 hours to download 10 mb of broken files, it's still going and i got no clue how many files to go.

The patch download is great using the launcher but this is complete bullshit.

Anyone else had that problem? I'm starting to think i'm better off downloading the 1.7 gig file again cause it might be faster. :rolleyes:

Dirus
07-04-06, 21:19
Did you just reinstall and patch over your old installation? If so your old install's "filestofix.ini" in the patches folder may still be there, as thats what causes the game to download "broken files".

I'd suggest cancelling the downloads of the broken files, delete the "filestofix.ini" and running a file check.

SorkZmok
07-04-06, 21:53
Haha i love you. Though i am actually pretty sure i deleted the old nc folder. Hm.

Working now...

elGringo
07-04-06, 23:30
when re-installing nc, it's recommended to download the patches instead of re-using the old .pat (backuped) files. If there's a large number of broken files it usually makes no sense to let the updater attempt a fix via DL of broken files.. if its more than 5 files that are borked, a reinstall will in most cases be the better choice