PDA

View Full Version : neocron 1 cdkey

Edgar
07-04-06, 00:29
I bought a copy of Neocron (1) that hasn't been opened or used and now when I make an account or try to it doesn't work, what's the deal, you can't use a copy of neocron 1? It's virtually the same game.

Glok
07-04-06, 00:32
There are no NC1 servers anymore. :confused:

RogerRamjet
07-04-06, 00:33
Uranus is still up.

Saving the best till last.

Tratos
07-04-06, 00:34
I think Uranus is still there :/

But long ago Account registration was disabled as was reactivation so only active accounts work on the server.

CMaster
07-04-06, 00:34
Yeah, you can't create NC1 account any more.

Nidhogg
07-04-06, 00:35
Neocron 1 CD keys are no longer valid for anything I'm afraid. If you bought it from a shop then you should return it for a refund (the distributors have been asked to recall any NC1 copies left on the shelves).

N

Glok
07-04-06, 00:35
Uranus is still up.Really? LOL KK are nuts. :lol:

I do remember reading on the forums though that only existing accounts can play NC1, no new ones can be made.

edit: Thrice beaten, OH THE HORROR!! 8|

Dogface
07-04-06, 04:56
I bought a copy of Neocron (1) that hasn't been opened or used and now when I make an account or try to it doesn't work, what's the deal, you can't use a copy of neocron 1? It's virtually the same game.

Keep it unopened, might be worth something one day !

(No that was not a joke :p )

RogerRamjet
07-04-06, 10:11
Neocron 1 CD keys are no longer valid for anything I'm afraid. If you bought it from a shop then you should return it for a refund (the distributors have been asked to recall any NC1 copies left on the shelves).

N

Every shop in Middlesbrough which sells games still has them out on the shelves.

NAPPER
07-04-06, 10:23
can you still download the nc1 servers i know theys only one left but still it was so kool back in the day lol

Nidhogg
07-04-06, 10:50
Every shop in Middlesbrough which sells games still has them out on the shelves.
So back in the day you couldn't find NC1 in a shop for love nor money, but now, over a year after it was discontinued every shop in Middlesborough has it on the shelves? I find that difficult to believe.

N

Spermy
07-04-06, 12:14
So back in the day you couldn't find NC1 in a shop for love nor money, but now, over a year after it was discontinued every shop in Middlesborough has it on the shelves? I find that difficult to believe.

N

Believe me, It's middlesbrough, they're in some sorta different dimension over there! Personal experience!

Superbron
07-04-06, 14:12
Uranus is still up.
:eek: No, really? Can I still get there? My good old characters must still be there :) For good old times sake, it would be nice to take a look again on Uranus, but I guess this will not happen... :(

Riddle
07-04-06, 14:12
And those unfortunate enough to buy one off ebay :rolleyes:

Nidhogg
07-04-06, 14:14
There's one NC1 server for those people with an unbroken subscription. We are neither taking new subscriptions nor are we re-activating expired accounts.

N

Superbron
07-04-06, 14:17
There's one NC1 server for those people with an unbroken subscription. We are neither taking new subscriptions nor are we re-activating expired accounts.

NNid, How many active subscribers of NC1 still exist?

Tratos
07-04-06, 16:43
I guess not many :p lol

Also, when will the Uranus server finally close its doors? Are you guys still under some contract with CDV or something to that effect?

Just wondering as i think thats what i read many years ago.

cRazy-
07-04-06, 16:45
That Uranus server must be such a depressing amount of wasted resources.

Brammers
07-04-06, 16:51

N

You may want to tell Ebay that as well - New and sealed NC1 boxes are available.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEOCRON-PC-New-Sealed_W0QQitemZ8207786775QQcategoryZ11047QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Kenpo
07-04-06, 17:03
dunno why you would want to get one off ebay, they are selling NC2 for 2.99 in liverpools Virgin store

Vasquez
07-04-06, 17:19

N

Well I bought a NC 1 box in Munich (Germany u know hehe) 4 weeks ago in a well known PC games shop. Just for fun.. and 5,- Euro seemed fair to me for a placeholder in my shelf hehe.

They have still a lot more copies. They were really shocked as I requested to get a copie for 5,- euro (intead of 19,- like tagged lol) since there are no server anymore. :lol:

Nidhogg
07-04-06, 20:13
You may want to tell Ebay that as well - New and sealed NC1 boxes are available.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEOCRON-PC-New-Sealed_W0QQitemZ8207786775QQcategoryZ11047QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Not only is our stance that you shouldn't buy accounts off EBay because you never know what you're going get (e.g. a banned account), or even that we don't actually support second hand accounts however they were bought, but how are we supposed to tell EBay anything? o_O

N

/edit - I've had a go though. I've asked the seller a question and I'll be interested to see if he responds.

RogerRamjet
07-04-06, 20:58

N

Yeh i bought mine in York :p

If you want pics, lol.

athon
07-04-06, 21:15
Not only is our stance that you shouldn't buy accounts off EBay because you never know what you're going get (e.g. a banned account), or even that we don't actually support second hand accounts however they were bought, but how are we supposed to tell EBay anything? o_O

N

/edit - I've had a go though. I've asked the seller a question and I'll be interested to see if he responds.
Have you tried contacting ebay directly? I would've thought that might be something in ebays policies about selling something the purchaser can't actually use as intended (ie. the product being sold is known to be broken)

Athon

Kenpo
09-04-06, 14:23
Have you tried contacting ebay directly? I would've thought that might be something in ebays policies about selling something the purchaser can't actually use as intended (ie. the product being sold is known to be broken)

Athon
they could just claim they were selling it for collectors to buy or whatever