PDA

View Full Version : Population Thingy

Glok
06-04-06, 23:36
Question: How much time do you generally stay logged into Neocron on the average day? Me it's generally only a couple hours, but occasionally longer, like the 4 hours this morning csting stuff.

The reason I ask this is simple. Say the server pop is at 12% at any given moment, that's 120 people. But if the average login time is say 1h:30m then there are actually at least 1920 active players on the server.

Kind of interesting, to us who don't know the stats behind the running of this game.

RogerRamjet
06-04-06, 23:41

"OP fight?"

No

Log off.

5 mins tops, lol.

Mr Kot
06-04-06, 23:43

"OP fight?"

No

Log off.

5 mins tops, lol.Log in.

"MB zoneline fight?"

Yes

How long then?

Glok
06-04-06, 23:44
Just for fun, if everyone spent 5 minutes ingame each day that would work out to 34560 'active' players. 8|

cRazy-
06-04-06, 23:45
I might spend a few hours a day ingame, sometimes i'll miss days out though.

Kazuya
06-04-06, 23:47
ye population is getting lower and u gotta count lots of the ppl are on are just afk for gain sl or symp or just afk at all.
anyway me tho a couple of hours even because its really hard to get pvp nowadays and op wars atm are fucked because there are around clans that have 15ish ppl on that is really a problem for small clan (either pro or anti)

FlashFF
07-04-06, 00:18
Crazy, you sepnd a few days an hour in game. lol

Kame
07-04-06, 00:53
To all those ppl that think that most ppl in this game arnt pvprs, look at the posts here.

PvPrs are what keeps this game alive tbh.

cRazy-
07-04-06, 00:58
Crazy, you sepnd a few days an hour in game. lol

That didnt make ANY sense whatsoever.

Tratos
07-04-06, 01:07
That didnt make ANY sense whatsoever.
Apparantly you are the next Dr Who.

Not everyone uses the forums though Kame and im not stricly a PvPer :p although i agree to majority out of the outspoken community members are PvPers.

When im not stupidly busy (Bloody college) i get 2-3 hours in on a relatvitly good night and up to about 5 in a couple sittings per day on a good.

Terayon
07-04-06, 01:17
A hour or 2 a day usaly. Half the friday/saturday nights im on for more.

Been busy lately.

jini
07-04-06, 06:03
Been busy myself as well, which is why you don't hear me in ooc ;) but I plan a comeback this weekend

FlashFF
07-04-06, 09:24
IMO a lot of the "PvPers" are killing the game. Mainly the ones who randmoly kill low level chars, allies, and people while they are hunting (which seems to be most people). The ones that then hop on OOC to scream "IM DA MAN" don't help.

jini
07-04-06, 09:34
I partly agree with this, but on the other side it's not a game for carebears, in the sence that what you do ingame involves a certain amount of risk, which is what makes it fun. For those that can't handle the stress, just leave the LE in. As far as I am concerned I never shoot someone unless I get shot at

NAPPER
07-04-06, 09:40
depends on the amount of time it take me to log in i was trying for 3 hours last night to get in terra i could log ever other servers but that one

FlashFF
07-04-06, 09:45
Yeah, but leaving your LE in, most of the time means you can't intearact with outher people as much, in the way that as most people have their LEs out, you can't find PPUs, and a lot of non-LE runners won't team with you. Also, some peope took their LEs out before the game turned into such an ally-hostile game.
As for "it's not a game for carebears", it is a game for teamwork. Allies are NOT supposed to kill each other, but the punishment for it is so weak that noone cares. IMO you should be removed from your faction if you kill a faction member or too many allies, in the same way you would be removed from your clan if you started killing clan members. And instead of Factionless people being neutral, they should be enemy to everyone.

Glok
07-04-06, 09:59
I dunno, I find leveling a noob very boring unless I take the LE out right away, the risk makes it at least tolerably interesting. If there weren't any noob killers I would die of boredom. :p

I think you just gotta have a thick skin to play this game, that could be why the pop seems low, rather than the allied/noob killers being the culprit, I think they are just part of the game. Ally killing should definitely be punished more harshly, but it shouldn't be impossible.

RogerRamjet
07-04-06, 10:06
lol, pvpers killing the game :rolleyes:

The only reason most kill noobs is because they cant find anyone else since theyre all hanging out in plaza 1/TH or have PPUs up their arse.

CMaster
07-04-06, 13:46
Theres a vicous cycle going on in many ways, but blaming one segment of the community is neither accurate nor going to fix anything. I will say that a lot of the people who whinge about not finding anybdoy to kill, I saw when I first start telling people to "quit if they couldnt take being ally killed". I guess they did.

The upcoming balancing is a tough issue. It is unquestionably going to make a significant amount of people quit. The question is, will it bring enough people back and fresh blood in to compensate? We'll see.

blackpheonix
07-04-06, 13:50
i must spend atleast 8 hours minimum a day.

Neocrack FTW

Superbron
07-04-06, 14:08
Lately, I don't log on many times (twice a week) and the time I stay in game is rather short (approx. 1 hour) :(

nellus
07-04-06, 15:25
Well im only home 2 days a week at the moment (bloody tuesday and wednesday so no social life for me :( )

So i make the most of it and probably spend 15-18 hours a day playing :D Then i go back away to work to get some rest and catch up on lost sleep.

Glok
07-04-06, 15:30
...so no social life for me :( ... So i make the most of it and probably spend 15-18 hours a day playing :DNot to hijack my own thread, but that's an interesting statement. The perception used to be that computer users were lonely nerds in a darkened room, especially MMORPG players. Has that changed I wonder?

nellus
07-04-06, 15:41
In my case its a bit different, when i go home on a monday night i go out play darts in the team at my local pub then go home to neo for a few hours then go to bed. Wake up the next morning what do i do? all my friends are working because like most of the population they work monday to friday/saturday. So do i go down to my local to have a pint with all the old boys? nah sod it lets play neo and talk to the friends i have met online from all over the world :) . Its a different life but hell its saving me a fortune, only problem is what im saving is going straight to pay off my debts :(