PDA

View Full Version : Neocron Alliance Are "Noobs"?

Tratos
06-04-06, 20:38
According to the VoTR this is the case.

http://www.votr-mag.com/?p=133

Does it strike anyone else as odd that the webzines use slang like noobs and constantly use the abreviation "NC", fair enough its an abreviation used by the payer base but it just doesnt look right written in an official roleplay report O_o

I can understand "DoY" since its the "Dome Of York" but Neocron isnt even two words plus the use of abreviations of faction names get under my skin a little.

Not a dig just pointing out i think its a bit odd.

Cracking read though big up the dome :D now go read the article before i babble about something else ¬_¬

Paper Dragon
06-04-06, 20:42
Texas can be called TX, etc.

While I'm not overly keen on the use of the language, it does "fit" to a certain degree.

unreal
06-04-06, 21:08
It's only used in-game to save time when typing it, it's tolerable when used on the forum (I do it myself a lot) but when it comes to an official report that lots of existing and potential customers see, these time saving shortcuts shouldn't exist.

There are lots of things that would make Reakktor look like they're making an effort, but inevitably, they don't. Everything always seems to be skimped on (no doubt I'll get banned for saying that).

PS. What exactly does H.I.O.B stand for? heh

Glok
06-04-06, 21:31
I think they are making an effort, I think they love this game just as much as we do. Just think of the complexity of the game for a second and then imagine how much code went into creating that. They are a small team and are probably overwhelmed with the interest this game generated and they are struggling to keep up with our demands/desires.

slith
06-04-06, 21:35
What's wrong with it? Hackers calling other hackers noobs, nothing bad with that roleplaying-wise. :rolleyes:
Just imagine "noob" survived the fallout. It has good chances anyway.

Sometimes I just don't understand you. You really wan't to find something you can be pissed off about, don't you? No wonder some of you say NC-RP is bad.

*sigh

Tratos
06-04-06, 21:53
What's wrong with it? Hackers calling other hackers noobs, nothing bad with that roleplaying-wise. :rolleyes:
Just imagine "noob" survived the fallout. It has good chances anyway :rolleyes:

Sometimes I just don't understand you. You really wan't to find something you can be pissed off about, don't you? No wonder you say NC-RP is bad.

*sigh
You refering to me there?

Never said Neocron roleplay was bad :) i love it, its the best game out there to roleplay in, nevermind the concept being fantastic. I guess your argument of hackers calling others noobs is a good one actually and i see the point where you're coming from now that i've looked at it from another angle.

I'm not finding "Something to be pissed off about" i mainly posted this to point people at the article as not alot of people check the webzines aswell to point out the fact Neocron citizens are noobs :p ;) (Just kidding, im one myself on the sly ;)). I highly respect KK for what they do and have done with Neocron especially with what it was originally going to be and i really am looking forward to the new balancing initiative and have posted my feelings in alot of the threads based around it.

If i did seem negative i appologise, like i said it was not a dig just a touch of wonder and that i think its a little odd to see - you're argument has solved that. Although i may seem negative i dont mean to be alot of my posts here are aimed at being as constructive as possible.

If i do say something which is negative atleast it is constructivly negative and is criticism. Far from the flaming alot of people jump straight to if anything happens that they dont like.

EDIT: I do recognise the effort behind these things and i apprechiated it alot, its great to see the Neocronicle evolve to such an extent it is a constantly updated website of its own and the concept has branched out taking a player organised cousin of itself into a second independant website for the opposing side.

Excellent evolution from the static "When it's done (TM)" pages we used to have, although they did have some fun/random mini articles we see little off these days but hey id rather this than that.

Apocalypsox
06-04-06, 23:10
w00t we is n00bs n0W1! h0rray!

kurai
07-04-06, 08:37
I can understand "DoY" since its the "Dome Of York" but Neocron isnt even two words plus the use of abreviations of faction names get under my skin a little.
NC is Neocron City, rather than `NeoCron`.