PDA

View Full Version : Make MB a Warzone

onero S
06-04-06, 18:50
Edit: my post was not clear, I ment make the OUTSIDE OF MB ONLY a warzone and KEEP THE GR AREA A SAFE ZONE.

........And keep the stairs like they are. Hopfuly this would premote more real fighting. Since mb is so easy to get to and has a safe staging area, it is very popular as a fight spot. However due to the nature of the safezone and the clipping, fights in mb tend to suck.

If the outside were a no belt drop zone, people would run around out there much more hopfuly leading to large fights outside of mb. Also people might even pvp only outside and not in the stairs, since on the stairs belts drop, this would also mean there is no safe zone dirrectly bordering your massive pvp fight.

I know many people will object to this idea, saying it is carebare to want no belt drops outside of mb. I know I personaly like fighting in belt drop zones however by and large, WAY more people with be encoridged to just fight it out if their stuff isn't on the line. All in all I think it would be a good change, I propose we test it for 2 weeks in game and then make a poll deciding if people like it enouph to keep it.

cRazy-
06-04-06, 18:51
sounds good to me.

ashley watts
06-04-06, 18:54
DO IT OR DIE, or atleast make a WHOLE new zone with more leanient rulez Please :(:(:(

Glok
06-04-06, 18:56
ROFL

I was just gonna start a thread suggesting belt drops in warzones. :lol:

slith
06-04-06, 18:56
We all know it will end in about 10k citymerc corpses outside the base...
Nothing bad, tbh :lol:

onero S
06-04-06, 18:59
ROFL

I was just gonna start a thread suggesting belt drops in warzones. :lol:

Would kill pvp even more, atm I feel the game needs to premote some pvp settings where people aren't afraid to not zone whore or bring a ppu. If belts droped in warzones I doubt ops would take place, or at least not on the scale they are.

We all know it will end in about 10k citymerc corpses outside the base...
Nothing bad, tbh :lol:

Doesn't sound too bad, they should defend their home, any pvp is better than the usual mb zone pvp. If large battles start outside mb, so much the better.

l8m0n
06-04-06, 18:59
J01 has allways and shall allways be a n00bie leveling zone, leave it as it is, you want to go fight and not worry about belt drops, plenty of OPs and 2 NFs to go piss around in :rolleyes:

onero S
06-04-06, 19:03
J01 has allways and shall allways be a n00bie leveling zone, leave it as it is, you want to go fight and not worry about belt drops, plenty of OPs and 2 NFs to go piss around in :rolleyes:

Thats not the point, yes I could do that, yes you could do that, but by and large, most people won't. No point in heading off somwhere to fight if no one is there. This idea is all about promoting fighting. As for it being a noobie leveling zone, un LEd guys in the area already have issues, it being a warzone won't make it much harder for them to grind.

The point is, its not about me not worrying about belt drops, its about making pvp apealing enouph that more people do it leading to more fun and accesable fights and making the game more "apealing" to outsiders. Of course fighting will take place in other areas still, the stair well won't be a warzone for instance. But now hopfuly we will have some real pvp that occurs frequently instead of a dumb clip/zone whore fest.

Kazuya
06-04-06, 23:52
good idea signed

Dogface
07-04-06, 04:52
This might just lead to people fighting between the safezone and the no belt drop zone, if they're near dead they could either zone one way and not drop a belt or zone one way and not die. Depending on which they are closest to.

Wish there was a perfect way to make people not want to pvp at MB..

burning01
11-04-06, 16:49
Thats not the point, yes I could do that, yes you could do that, but by and large, most people won't. No point in heading off somwhere to fight if no one is there. This idea is all about promoting fighting. As for it being a noobie leveling zone, un LEd guys in the area already have issues, it being a warzone won't make it much harder for them to grind.

The point is, its not about me not worrying about belt drops, its about making pvp apealing enouph that more people do it leading to more fun and accesable fights and making the game more "apealing" to outsiders. Of course fighting will take place in other areas still, the stair well won't be a warzone for instance. But now hopfuly we will have some real pvp that occurs frequently instead of a dumb clip/zone whore fest.

/agreed.....promote pvp

elGringo
11-04-06, 17:14
promote pvp?
what I read here screams out as "promote syncwhoring" ..

better tweak/enhance the OP System and implement additional incentives for PvP in outskirt sectors.

Apocalypsox
11-04-06, 20:56

the warzone might actually help newbs if you think about it; if they get by the noob orgy at the gate and get killed by a launcher, they dont lose an item they might not be able to get back due to bugs/zoneline shit/whatever

-=Jismo=-
11-04-06, 22:26
/signed

Jipz
11-04-06, 22:38
the warzone might actually help newbs if you think about it; if they get by the noob orgy at the gate and get killed by a launcher, they dont lose an item they might not be able to get back due to bugs/zoneline shit/whatever

lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

-=Jismo=-
11-04-06, 22:41
what dumb ass unled noob would lvl at the laucher base in mb, i see a constant stream of runners clearing it out all the time

Apocalypsox
11-04-06, 23:05
harrr thats why i sit on the hill at MB Watching for some /60 tank with a CS to run towards the bunker- they drop in 3-5 shots :D

Superbron
11-04-06, 23:53
/signed

ZoVoS
12-04-06, 01:16
*laughs at the ppl with the pathetic computers n graphics cards that cant handel a few extra polygons*

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

-=Jismo=-
12-04-06, 01:31
i have spent most of today putting water cooling in mine :P i when i am finshed i will over clock it like a beast :D

Asurmen Spec Op
12-04-06, 01:31
harrr thats why i sit on the hill at MB Watching for some /60 tank with a CS to run towards the bunker- they drop in 3-5 shots :D
stupid ganker

-=Jismo=-
12-04-06, 01:33
[ edited ]

IceStorm
12-04-06, 03:01
They should make all of Mil Base and J_01 safezones. That would stop people from fighting in the stairwells and move the fight to the MUCH LARGER ZONE BORDERS, where it belongs in the first place.

This is assuming they can't separate the zone borders from the SL/FS borders. If they could do that, I'd say make the area outside the Mil Base gate the border for SL/FS. Not the gate itself, just an area outside it, with a little dashed yellow line or something to show where the border is.

Breakaway
12-04-06, 03:51
very good idea mate, it would encourage loads more fights and maybe stop al lthe dicks at mb

Dirus
12-04-06, 05:13
People dont use Ops since they cant hide and wait off SI, nor are they always open to just anyone.

DRT is open to all, but the whole "no safe place to wait off SI" is involved.

CRP which is a Warzone, they don't lose anything on death, but theres no place to hide to wait for SI so thats not ideal for most players.

MB = GR anyone can use in a safe zone to wait off SI + zone line to whore across + tons of noobs to gank and claim they ran infront of you + elevator shaft to fall down to cause instant FS/SL losses to allies ect...

MB fights = Carebear gankers playground really.

TH would probably be the same if there was:

a) a GR closer to the wasteland exit
b) more mobs outside for players to actually hunt so that people actualy had more of a reason to be outside of TH instead of just inside.
c) the FA newbs starting there trying to get outside to level at a "Bunker" type setting.

Apocalypsox
12-04-06, 05:55
[ edited ]

people should know by now my rifle spy flies a damned scout glider 8| how else would he always be behind you?

Asurmen Spec Op
12-04-06, 06:46
People dont use Ops since they cant hide and wait off SI, nor are they always open to just anyone.

DRT is open to all, but the whole "no safe place to wait off SI" is involved.

CRP which is a Warzone, they don't lose anything on death, but theres no place to hide to wait for SI so thats not ideal for most players.

MB = GR anyone can use in a safe zone to wait off SI + zone line to whore across + tons of noobs to gank and claim they ran infront of you + elevator shaft to fall down to cause instant FS/SL losses to allies ect...

MB fights = Carebear gankers playground really.

TH would probably be the same if there was:
a) a GR closer to the wasteland exit
b) more mobs outside for players to actually hunt so that people actualy had more of a reason to be outside of TH instead of just inside.
c) the FA newbs starting there trying to get outside to level at a "Bunker" type setting.

The problem with CRT is the close proximity(and DRT to an effect) to a large ammount of ops, giving certain people easy escape routes and certain clans the ability to sit and wait off SI in peace while the guys outside and hiding like children from a drunk Revan.
MB's problem is , as you stated, the safezone, easy noob killing(yay!) and the total EASE of dropping peoples SLs due to the whole alts/jumping down shafts/whateve. The good thing about it is that any faction can go there with the same ease(cept mercs whos SL is fubared ;) ) and the easy escape when youre loosing. Which is why its so used, I much perfered(even while I was merc) that all of MB was anarchy(possibly warzone because of weird SL/symps) because it just doesnt make sense that a mercenary base be "safe".

PS:
dirus is meh ho <3

Bugs Gunny
12-04-06, 06:51

Then ewplain why 0/2 cms and a certain tradeskiller pe wihtout armor stand there for hours every night "watching the fight".
I'm sure they have no other intentions.

pabz
12-04-06, 14:14
Then ewplain why 0/2 cms and a certain tradeskiller pe wihtout armor stand there for hours every night "watching the fight".
I'm sure they have no other intentions.
i dont like ducks

Okran
13-04-06, 17:27
Why not just make the area just inside the MB a safezone too?
Then at least those zone-campers on the outside of the MB can be sniped :D

unreal
13-04-06, 18:21
They should make all of Mil Base and J_01 safezones. That would stop people from fighting in the stairwells and move the fight to the MUCH LARGER ZONE BORDERS, where it belongs in the first place.That's where part of the problem is: "borders". This isn't PvP, this is gayness. "borders" is a definition of "yay for zone whoring that make it almost impossible to kill someone". MB should become entirely unsafe. There should be more guards added, that have almost the same settings (if not the same) as the Trader Union guards. They would shoot everyone except maybe their allies (which would be only the fellow City Mercs) when they draw their weapons. These guards could be stationed throughout the entire MB entrance from the J01 side, and all the way through the inside of MB.

This leaves out the last bit of lameness though. The way City Mercs would have the equivalent of guard assistance when fighting outside MB at J01. They would most likely just run back towards the guards for safety, and would obviously have the advantage of being able to draw weapons near the guards. A slight solution to this would be nerfing the rank of the City Merc guards, possibly making a modification to the damage types as well, so it would be fairly possible to stand in front of a few guards for a moment while being able to finish off the person you were trying to kill.

It just wouldn't make sense to have City Merc guards shoot City Mercs when they draw their weapons though. There are a few other slightly interesting alternatives. Put guards inside MB sector 1 next to the MB entrance zone line that check the health of a non LE'd runner when they get in range. If they have 1/3 health or less, make the guards shoot them. This would help with the current whore-into-sector-1-when-nearly-dead problem we see all too often today.

None of this solves the other half of what makes MB so lame... the 1/2 noobs or just other City Mercs that get in the way on purpose. MB being a warzone doesn't sound too good to me. It just makes ally killing even more appealing to everyone.

krynstone
13-04-06, 18:25
I agree.make the stairs a safezone and force the fighting outside where more classes (rifle spies cough cough) can have a fair fight / equal chance in battle. Rifle spies in close combat aren't as good as others.

Glok
13-04-06, 18:27
Put guards inside MB sector 1 next to the MB entrance zone line that check the health of a non LE'd runner when they get in range. If they have 1/3 health or less, make the guards shoot them.rofl that would be so evil. Opportunistic guards. :D

SorkZmok
13-04-06, 18:29
I agree.make the stairs a safezone and force the fighting outside where more classes (rifle spies cough cough) can have a fair fight / equal chance in battle. Rifle spies in close combat aren't as good as others.The very second you'd do that a million droners would destroy all pvp at the MB. :rolleyes:

unreal
13-04-06, 18:38
That would be fun in J01, but it depends if it's an exploiting droner or not. You'll always find some person that's exploited on top of the cliff outside, which isn't good when they're spawning Revenges or using a Silent Hunter, and when my Spy can't sprout wings and fly. :(

krynstone
13-04-06, 18:42
damn man...if it's not a policy problem then exploiters make it impossible to actually play. I like taking my sniper around and making a REAL hunt out of it. Not just cheapness on an exploited hill...

unreal
13-04-06, 18:47
That would be fun in J01, but it depends if it's an exploiting droner or not. You'll always find some person that's exploited on top of the cliff outside, which isn't good when they're spawning Revenges or using a Silent Hunter, and when my Spy can't sprout wings and fly. :(Solution: Spawn a zillion Trader Union guards up there, could be their secret trading spot. Hmm speaking of pure evil... I just reached post 666. :p

Asurmen Spec Op
13-04-06, 20:53
MB should not be a safezone, any of it, it makes no sense!

Dogface
13-04-06, 20:59
No safezone. But guards attack people who draw weapons. Regardless of faction or LE.

Perhaps add a guard either side of the GR to cut down on GR ganking.

Glok
13-04-06, 21:04
There used to be 4 guards in the GR room at MB... ganking was still rampant so...

Tratos
13-04-06, 21:11
Although they werent insta-shoot weapon draw guards, like the guys at the I_09 bar.

Imo,there shouldnt be safe zones at all simply zones which get the shit shot out of you when you draw weapons.