PDA

View Full Version : News Update / Q&A

Nidhogg
05-04-06, 12:48
This is just a quick news update to keep things ticking along. Chenoa and I will endeavour to get some information out of one or more of the following devs every couple of weeks or so that you might not already read elsewhere on the forums (e.g. the balancing forum where there is already a high degree of communication).

These are the categories with their associated devs:
- Day-to-day running, Plans, Patches (Snowcrash)
- Content, Design (Snowcrash / Thanatos)
- Bugfixing, Exploits (Carnage / Dirus)
- Content, Storyline (Snowcrash, Heretic, Chenoa)
- Community and Forums (Nidhogg, Odin)
- Support, Helpdesk, Abuse, Accounts etc. (Odin, Danae, Carbonite, Plasmastorm)
... more will follow

HINT:

We can't guarantee any answers, especially for internal issues. This is only intended to be a low-key way of giving short reports and answers for your general questions. This isn't a big initiative, it's just a way of getting some focus and hopefully some momentum.

UPDATE:

Current situation 04.04.06 - see Balancing Forum
Intensive work is under way both internally and with the community on game re-balancing. We are taking on board ideas and reflecting them back to the community through an iterative process intended to capture optimum class design going forward. Not since the early days of the beta "Brainport" have we seen this much community involvement and we're happy to see virtually everyone's willingness to contribute in a positive and constructive way!

Ceres Labs, turrets, heals:
These issues are known and in work. A patch is needed but all development effort has to be performed with the balancing work in mind. As stated on the turret thread, we'd rather fix the problems properly later than just waste time with bandaid solutions that will be removed down the line.

Storyline:
The storyline has been boosted both in the magazines and ingame. Launcher updates and ingame mails have increased. We recommend that you read the magazines to keep up to date with events.

Events:
Little hint: yesterday we began a world-wide event that will run for over 6 weeks. Please keep an eye open, especially on the magazines!

If you have a question please feel free to post it below, however, any discussion/flaming/OT posts will be removed. We want to keep this easy to follow so if you want to contribute to someone's question please PM them directly. Thanks.

N

Brammers
05-04-06, 13:15
I guess this could be the long awaited "in development" page that was promised a little while ago. Whatever shape or form this take, this thread is very welcomed.

My first question, when will the next content patch that was mentioned in the Neocron 2 Development Update (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=132653) be released?

Nidhogg
05-04-06, 14:11
My first question, when will the next content patch that was mentioned in the Neocron 2 Development Update (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=132653) be released?
As you're aware, we've recently fixed some long standing bugs in the foundation of the health code and unfortunately this has introduced a number of unwanted side-effects. We now have two priorities. The first is to resolve the side-effects in-line with the rest of the balancing efforts and the second is to try to avoid any more unexpected problems and unfortunately that means that the content patch has been temporarily put on hold. However, we are aiming to make up for some of the inconvenience with the world event that started yesterday, so expect more from the storyline department over the next 6 weeks or so.

N

calim
05-04-06, 14:25
what is the priority process for evo 2.2 ?

I feel that the balance discussion process got an heavy, higher priority over fatals issues, content design & models, GUI improvements & ergonomics aspects ? Am i right and can you detail the priority you gave on each dev parts of the game ?

Thanks.

CMaster
05-04-06, 14:33
So these are general questions selected by yourself from issues raised on the forums, rathen than questions we should submit somewhere?

World event that started yesterday? Can I find a synopsis anywhere? Because I don't remember coming across anything, although I didn't spend a great deal of time ingame.

Does the content patch really take time away from the major ssue fixes (turrets and heals). I won't argue that the issue fix should come first, but the content appearing would be nice. In what way does this causes resource allocation problems?

More storyline? Cool, I had noticed that the cronicle had stared making noises again. I've long argued that regular storyline and ministoryline work can make the game feel like it has more content than it does (and I sent an email to various members of the event team that goes into more detail).

Chenoa
05-04-06, 16:37
World event that started yesterday? Can I find a synopsis anywhere? Because I don't remember coming across anything, although I didn't spend a great deal of time ingame.

It starts slowly and more hidden, will boosted up step by step, believe me... you´ll see it / read it! It has an own storyline but will connect to the main storyline....
I´ll say nothing more.... keep it ingame :P

giga191
05-04-06, 16:51
Could you give us a period of time in which the whole balancing thing is expected to be finished by?

Will there be bug fixing patches and/or anti bandaid fixes while the balancing issues are being worked on, or will that come when the balancing has been finished?

How high priority is bug fixing atm?

Will anti band aid fixes increase the time in which patches can be made by reducing testing time etc, and will it increase performance for us either FPS wise or stability?

Is WoC going to be worked on before or while balancing is being fixed, or has it been put on hold for the next 6 months?

Is this balancing process going to be marketted as evo 2.2, or will 2.2 be something different?

Zheo
05-04-06, 19:21
I guess these questions are aimed at Snowcrash,

Will or When will there be a solution for the city mercs who atm suffer as a result of the current soul light settings?

I wouldnt be wrong in saying that on Terra at least both Necron and the Dome view city mercs as enemies rather than neutrals, is there any plan to do something about this? It springs to mind that DOY has 5 factions while NC as 6 (just a point of note) I did have an idea about this but i'll keep it to myself unless you really want to hear it.

Is there a date for the release of 2.2 or is to too far off for make an estimate?
(By estimate i mean, July/August)

I'm sure i'll think of other questions later on

xyl_az
05-04-06, 21:57
what about neptune...

Jagrfelm
06-04-06, 08:14
I think i may have seen something from the new Event.
I was outside at the MB-Bunker yesterday, when a lot of Spiders spawned. Just a GM-Spawn or something to do with the Event?

FlashFF
06-04-06, 08:54
A few questions I guess:

Syncronizing
1. Whats the progress on login Syncing and the 50/50 Bug?

2. Is it possible to implement some sort of workaround (like making it reconnect automatically and request data? Or at least make it so you can't be killed while syncing? (My near capped tank almost died to a desert alpha wolf I spent so long in sync :))

3. Could it be possible to add detailed output so people having the problems can post better logs of whats actually going wrong? Maybe giving details of what info is missing when we sync?

Nidhogg
06-04-06, 15:43
Balancing Project
Most of the questions above relate to or are affected by the balancing effort. Much more detailed information about the current state and the further progress of the balancing project can and will be obtainable on the Balancing Discussion Forum. The development team will keep you up to date as often as possible but please bear in mind that it is quite difficult to provide you with daily specific information due to the complexity of this whole process, though a new update is fairly imminent.

Bug Fixing
Due to the complexity of the balancing project some of the current bugs can only be adressed during the balancing process as they are touching in-depth parts of the game code. Of course we are still eager to squish out general & content related bugs as far as possible.

New game content
The current big content package has been frozen due to the needed resources for the balancing project. However, our content team is still working on the development of the story line which includes several small and big in-game events and content additions. More information about the storyline can be obtained as usual via our webzines “Neochronicle” (http://www.neocronicle.com/) and “Voice of the Resistance” (http://www.votr-mag.com/)

N

/edit - as I said at the top of the thread, questions only on this thread pls or it will soon drop down into the weeds. If you wish to discuss someone else's question or an answer, please start a thread in comm talk. Thanks.

Tratos
06-04-06, 20:20
Now for a couple questions, Nid you might even recognise some of them ;):

But first just to say i dont expect an answer of "This will be done then" just something useful like "This is in the pipeline", "It's a known issue and will be fixed post balance effort", "Work has been done on these, the features have progressed since they were broken/changed/removed but...", etc etc/

Wisdom of Ceres
Are there plans to reopen the secondary type of WoC dungeons when this becomes the focus again?

Has KKs stance on the WoC skills changed?

Will the items be only weapons or will we see some new abilities or other items, like implants or even the ability to dual wield weapons?

War Games Inn
The War Games Inn in the Dome of York isn’t open yet, so Dome Of York Factions have to travel to Neocron to use the Neofrag. When will Neofrag/Wargames be coming to the Dome of York?

Stability and Connectivity
In the last few months there has been massive problems with connectivity between 11pm and 1am GMT for many users worldwide, is this a level 3 problem, a problem with server configuration such as a real world midnight bug or does KK know of any external network problems which may be causing this for alot of users?

I ask this as alot of the time when the server "goes down" it appears to be still up with an area of Level 3's network not responding when running a trace.

Soullight & Faction Sympathies
After the 2.1 changes to the soul light system have been active for over 4 months now its been noted by the community that the current system is flawed in many aspects and is too biased to the Neocron alliance side when it comes to restoring FS/SL. Is this a recognised issue with KK and are there any plans to address this in the near future or will we, the community have to wait for a discussion about this in the balance forum?

The system has caused a massive increase in "symp whoring" due to the limited or very poor alternatives offered, will this fact be considered when a new system is thought of?

Random
Just how much kindershocolade do you have to tempt CoDi with each day?

Test Server
Many of the community have unrealisticly expected this too early, is there any indication of when the Test Server will be online for the community? or even a known point in the discussion process when things will be ready for testing?

i.e. "After has progressed on the forums, the test server will be open"

Also What are the [i]rest of ReaKKtor doing?
e.g. the Art Department and Content Designers/Writers.

After all it has been said many a time by both KK and members of the Community: Artists dont code.

EDIT: Also a little sneaky peak of what is in this content package would be nice ;)

Zheo
06-04-06, 22:14
Here is an interesting question are their plans for some point in the future defenately after 2.2 to clean up DOY some what? The place is falling apart even in a game they should be trying to straighten the city up somewhat.

Brammers
10-04-06, 16:47
Whats the latest news on the payment systems overhaul?

Tratos
11-04-06, 13:36
I cant really think of how to pad this question out but:

Item Tracking?

Brammers
11-04-06, 14:54
Some factions on some servers are not very active. For example on Terra the Tsunami Syndicate faction, there are hardly any players who play in that faction.

So will the balance of the Factions be part of the rebalancing exercise?

And what is being done to encourage players to play in the not so active factions?

Dogface
11-04-06, 15:51
Refering to the point made by Brammers, are the less useful FSM's (Basically Tsunami) going to be readjusted to make the faction worth it?

Perhaps some more roleplay/storyline opportunities?

Dogface
17-04-06, 14:49
Is WoC going to have any work done on it for classes other than spies/PEs?

Maybe some HC or MC WoC?

(Screw PSI) :p

Hell-demon
17-04-06, 21:03
Are new character models being worked on for both the player and NPCs?

Will accessories be implemented someday?

Tratos
17-04-06, 22:08
When will the IonShotgun Pistol/Rifle/Cannon ammo be restored to venders and the guns themselves?

It was removed in #128 (Thanks CMaster)

- Removed the Ionic Shotgun weapon's ammo from the traders.
Would be nice to see it returned.

Odin
19-04-06, 21:19
Whats the latest news on the payment systems overhaul?

We've had a representative visit and go over the business models etc. The last I have heard is that it's in 'contract' status at this point. We will be sure to announce it when everything is signed along with giving a little more information then.

RogerRamjet
19-04-06, 23:29
is the new payment system gonna be anything like worldpay?

You know, easy ;) :p

Nidhogg
27-04-06, 21:14
Next Patch (ETA/Content)

Q: Content of the upcoming patch ?
A: No details so far, as we are still in the QA/evaluation phase. Certainly bugfixes - possibly new content.
Q: Whats the ETA on the next patchday ?
A: Within the next weeks.
Q: Any update on a solution to the "silent rez" and other psi-cast issues?
A: (Carnage) We already implemented checks that were aimed at reducing this problem. Since this, obviously, has not resolved the issue to a satisfactory degree, the checks are being overhauled for the next patch.
Q: What about the TL 3/TL 10 heal fix?
A: (Carnage) Dirus is taking care of this issue. The adjustments will be applied with the next patch.

Balancing / Evol 2.2

Q: Any ETA on the testserver ?
A: The exact date has not been settled yet.
Q: Do you plan on reducing the vehicle requirements? In my opinion they are way to high (e.g. assault glider)
A: Vehicles will be adressed at a later stage of the balancing project.
Q: Is there a date for the release of 2.2 or is to too far off for make an estimate?
Q: Will the balancing project be branded as Evol 2.2, or will Evol 2.2 be something different?
Q: Will you balance the classes step by step or with a single, huge monster-patch?
A: The final procedures and dates are not deceided yet, therefor we can not comment on this at the given time.
Q: Will there be bug fixing patches and/or anti bandaid fixes while the balancing issues are being worked on, or will that come when the balancing has been finished? How high priority is bug fixing atm?
A: The work on Bugfixes continues and is not being stalled in favour of the balancing.

Feature Requests

Q: When will we see an improvement concerning the CMs role in the faction-system (as it was announced by Snowcrash during the evol2.1 developement)?
A: Although no descisions have been set in stone so far, this topic is something we look at.
Q: Will we get to see a batch of WOC-items for all classes at some point, rather than a lonesome item every few month?
A: (Thanatos) In the course of the balancing project, we will reveal a larger amount of WOC items. How many and what exactly will depend on a few changes that are partly subject to discussion on the forums.
Q: Are there plans to allow a change of skins and models (such as haircuts or facial hair) after char-creation ?
A: So far, no.
Q: Will accessories be implemented someday?
Q: What about "Accessories" (as the beta hud had slots for it..)
A: So far, there is nothing in the works concerning this feature - but we have not forgotten about it either.
Q: When will you implement the profession-missions for CM ?
A: They are currently put on ice - but by no means forgotten.
Q: Are there any plans for a revamp of the mission system?
A: Currently not.
Q: Are there plans to revamp the ingame politics/election-system to reflect the high amount of inactive runners that -for example- make it impossible to get the needed percentage on a "dissatisfaction vote"?
A: (Dirk Wilhelmy) Well - it is on our agenda now. The current system treats all existing characters in the faction the same - to solve this problem I willmake the election-system check all accounts/characters for inactivity. This way, the numbers will be solely based on characters that are acctually being played. I can not promise this change will already take effect with the next patch though.
Q: Is the faction-budget feature ever going to work?
A: (Dirk Wilhelmy) This is another topic that calls for action. Unfortunately a revision and overhaul of the existing functions as well as possibly adding new features is currently not possible, as the balancing project has the highest priority for me. We can definatly think about useful changes and additions at a later time, to provide the elected faction-chairmen with practical tasks & tools.
Q: What steps are being taken concerning the low player-counts?
A: Elimination of present problems, balancing, advertising... etc.
Q: Could we get a clanlist mask/filter (CityCom) that allows hiding clans with a playercount <= 1?
A: (Dirk Wilhelmy) Such a filter is no big deal - I'll see if I can fit this feature in one of the forthcoming patches.
Q: The only thing that makes us reputable players stick with NC besides PvP is RP. could you please consider implementing more gestures, such as /sit or /lay? would be a blessing!
A: Additional animations are not planned for the nearer future.
Q: Will us spies get a camo power-armor as well?
A: No. We do not plan on introducing new Camo-PAs right now.
Q: Will there be changes to the SL system?
A: A further improvement in this area is being considered - after the balancing.
Q: when will you guys do something concerning the unbearing SL/Symp system. Right now it only serves those who use an alt as symp-bitch or like to grief others!
A: This is a known issue and will be approached after the balancing.
Q: What will you change in terms of the OP-system ...or more precisely: Will there be changes making non-OP PvP more viable?
A: This area is not included in the balancing process. No tangible plans at the moment.
Q: Will we see a comeback of Mechs at some point?
A: No, "Mechs" will not be implemented.
Q: Are there plans (after 2.2) to clean up DOY some what?
A: No plans in this regard.

Misc.

Q: Given the low populations... has the topic of a possible server-merge been discussed at KK? Possibly to have a more lively game environment and to focus the available performance?
A: No. This is not being discussed.
Q: Will the Tsunami GR problem be adressed somehow ?
A: Additional guards are being placed manually for now.
Q: Afaik the PA has a larger targetbox, compared to a runner who is not wearing a power armor. Is this on purpose?
A: (Thanatos) the size of the targetingbox is calculated automaticly, based on the size of the model. Thats all there is to it ;) Of course it also makes sense, that some guy wearing a massive body-armor is easier to spot.
Q: Are there plans to allow char-transfers between the servers any time soon ?
A: Character-transfers between the retail-servers are & will remain to be not possible.
Q: Will there be an overhaul of the netcode?
A: Where it's technically viable to do so, the netcode is being optimized as the developement process continues.
Q: Whats the progress on login Syncing and the 50/50 Bug?
A: (Carnage) We already implemented checks with the last patch that should intercept errors during the login process.
Q: Is it possible to implement some sort of workaround (like making it reconnect automatically and request data? Or at least make it so you can't be killed while syncing?
A: (Carnage) To implement a work-arround, you first need to track down and understand the core of the problem. We already implemented checks for this, that do also intercept errors during the worldchange and correct possible errors regarding the character-data.

(Thanks to Chenoa and Mokoi for the translation)

N

eLcHi
28-04-06, 14:58
OP waring: I'm sure the new balancing will improve it, the only real problems atm are HN and barreling the UG, and both aren't major issues.

Did anyone think about making the UG-GR an "Exit only" ?

Bugs Gunny
28-04-06, 15:00
OR make it work both ways for both sides?

Sylow
28-04-06, 15:10
Or alternatively the question:
What do you think about the idea to give the UG at outposts several exits? That way, barreling down one exit would be absolutely useless...

unreal
30-04-06, 05:56
Put the graphic artists into work and get us a few simple alternative HUDs. Please.

Any other 'graphical improvement' is less needed than this.Allow us the option of using the NC1 style RPOS too? I played the Neocron 1 demo and the RPOS is much nicer compared to the current one. I prefer neat square boxes that don't have crap covering the outside. This would help people who play in lower resolutions because of crappy-FPS reasons, and are limited with the amount of space and windows they can have open.

I wish there was a sign of effort being put in, at the moment it looks like the balancing has been dragged to a halt, with not much else being done. Surely while things are being "talked about", the actual development team can be getting on with OTHER things such as fixing bugs/adding content while the forum discussions are going on. The same forum discussions which aren't getting any input from the actual developers, so what are they doing? Messages are being relayed by people who admit to not being able to code, which is the equivalent of playing Chinese Whispers with each other. Since not much seems to be going on, get the developers to play Chinese Whispers with each other. Ask one to start off with "I live in a pirate ship"... I reckon it'll end up being "I live in a pile of shit". :p

Seriously, what ARE the graphics part of the team currently doing? Twiddling their thumbs? Really would be nice to get a truthful response about this.

Sick
30-04-06, 11:33
Allow us the option of using the NC1 style RPOS too? ... the RPOS is much nicer compared to the current one. I prefer neat square boxes that don't have crap covering the outside. This would help people who play in lower resolutions because of crappy-FPS reasons, and are limited with the amount of space and windows they can have open.

i gotta totally agree with this, making the rpos all fancy was really annoying for me, i play in low resolution and windowed, and the damn fancy edges dont help.

is there any way to skin the RPOS yourself :D
im not sure if you even allow modding things anymore

ps. i miss the character skinning forum, there was some great artists in our community, and to be honest, NC2 has decreased the amount of player skins available... which is just... wrong

CMaster
30-04-06, 15:59
As the graphics guys are presumably left feeling rather lost at the moment (no new content, balancing main focus) is there any chance we could have a few "missing" graphics put in? To illustrate the kind of things I mean - how about proper WoC disc and tech part 2D graphics? As well as various junk (eg DoY tunnels junk), recordable datadisks etc etc. Countless example of 2d grahics that are replicated where there should be unique? In addition, 3D art such as a sepereate Plasma Wave model (rather than using Plasma cannon), bringing the flamethrower and melee weapons up to 2.1 standard.

Any chance of that?

Tratos
30-04-06, 17:47
Ammo Models & 2D Graphics too.

Bugs Gunny
30-04-06, 17:51
New graphic for stealthtools?

Nidhogg
30-04-06, 20:14
Anything other than a question is going to be deleted. Please don't use this thread for discussion.

N

giga191
30-04-06, 21:55
Are putting 'checks' into the game a form of bandaid solution?

Are you aware that the login 'checks' have had very little impact on bad logins (mine at least)?

Tratos
01-05-06, 01:56
Can we get an update on the TG epic reward replacement? Since SnowCrash said round about the BD reward change that we'd get a new one.

CMaster
01-05-06, 01:59
Devestator Warbots and mission (as patched in #131)?

Tratos
01-05-06, 02:02
Ah yes, one of Neocron 1's selling points :)

Clan Missions?

CMaster
01-05-06, 02:17
Outpost income?
Any intnetion of handing out Faction Rewards a bit again?
Clan wars?
Ironhead? He going to show up again?

RogerRamjet
01-05-06, 15:07
Will the new payment method be similar to WorldPay, or will it be another one where you seemingly must jump through countless hoops to give people your hard earned cash?

Nidhogg
01-05-06, 15:09
Our goal is to significantly improve the payment process.

N

CMaster
01-05-06, 15:11
Ceres labs? Old ones reopening? Newer closed ones reopening? Even new labs? (based on factory undergrounds maybe? or Uplink? Possibly even Fortress UGs?)
A lot of this stuff comes from brainstorming for KK stuff that got a fair way through development but wasn't implemented. Asking about it to see if there is any hope of it being finished, seeing as this would possibly take less time than making all-new content.

RogerRamjet
01-05-06, 15:14

N

Im liking the significantly part.

All I wanna do is give you guys my cash.

CMaster
01-05-06, 15:40
Faction Rewards? any hope we'll see enough involvement of RP chars/EGMs on Terra that these may actually be given out. In fact, is it current policy to give these out or not?

RogerRamjet
01-05-06, 16:45

N

Sorry for spamming, any update on the ETA?

Tratos
01-05-06, 17:22
Are there any plans to introduce more player factions such as Anarchy Breed and the Trader Union?
Even on a small scale basis with their 'chairman' / 'leader' as an EGM such as the system Alchemic Dream had in place for a runner populated Anarchy Breed on Venus and Pandore?

Are there any plans to make the Dome Of York a playable faction?
As the faction exists with its own set of allegencies (Old DoY Bot/Guard settings) also aswell as the DoY faction still existing (Can be seen on GMs on occasion) its own systems and mobs/NPCs still exist even though it was thought most of/all of DoY members were killed inside the dome - the security guards and guardians still exist and guard their former official home.

Is the possibility of Tech Haven and/or the TG Canyon becoming large scale player owned outposts still there as/when/if the storyline allows the oppurtunity again?
If not are there any plans to return TechHaven and the TG Canyon to their own factions - Fallen Angels and Twilight Guardian, respectivly - at any point in the storyline?
By "return to" i mean as a primary faction location (including appartments) and starting location for new members to those factions.

NPC Factions seem to be quite numerous when taking into account, different mob behavior and ofcourse those seen breifly when being bugged into the monster and insect factions.

Are their plans to make these factions have inter-twining relationships so they activly kill each other? (Thats a random one :p)
Are their plans to see a more transparant mutant based faction with the introduction of the genotoxics and past storylines following the intelligent mutants like the hightech weilding mutants of late Neocron 1?
Such as mutants having proper relations to other species, killing monsters and technology driven contraptions fueled by their hatred to life as well as humans and ofcourse to steal the technology and part of mechanical creatures to ease their own existance i.e. the hover bit on Launcher Cyclopes.

The current FSM system as a whole is often flawed by lack of population and the confused logic which some of the distribution system follows such as Biotech bones being sold by the Angels.

Are there plans to fix/alter the item distribution system in the near future? (Could be considered balance in a way)
There you are, a nice new pile of questions to follow on from the unanswered ones here (http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1973267&postcount=13)

CMaster
02-05-06, 16:58
Do KK still posses a working map editor and the ability to create new unique zones? If so is it a particuarly arduous task?

unreal
02-05-06, 20:08
It should be pretty easy to do some mob model duplication, and giving them a higher rank (as seen with the Hurlerking, etc) so there are more high level things to kill, either in a new hunting sector, depending on the answer to Cmasters question, or just in the Wastelands, where there's LOTS of inactive/deserted places to home the spawns of such things.

I would think people would bow down to an almighty 100/100 set of Droms that shoot you with fire/force that spawns from their mouth (just an example).

Would it be possible to at least see some new MOB activity as described above? Or since the graphics department admittedly don't code, get them to create some new strange thing for us to kill, since they won't be doing much in the balancing, or much else?

In regards to the question above, how about merging two types of creatures together... the love child of Bob the hairy mutant and the Black Roach (lol, sounds like something out of The Fly) for example. Just give us something else to kill?

PS. Is anything going to come of all these spiders that were spawned? Or is that the whole event? Just watching a load of spiders invade half the sectors? Hopefully there will be a new higher level spider. The highest ones at the moment are queens at rank 38/38 or 40/40 I think.

Tratos
02-05-06, 20:30
Can we get an update on the storyline? as even the 6 week long world event has had very little movement or activity in the last couple of weeks - there's not been a VoTR article since early April.

RogerRamjet
05-05-06, 18:02
Update on the new payment method ETA?

Tesee
06-05-06, 15:17
Some of us already saw some players having special skins (like dncers in Pussy Club)
It would be nice if those things could be possible again:
special tool or "armor" that could be put on and giving us a more nice skin.

I know it existed so is it possible to have them available?

RusSki
06-05-06, 16:18
OK here's my question, and i'd like an honest answer so niddy plz ask someone for an answer.... please.

Q : As a whole do you think Click2Pay offer a good payment system? (to include reliability, ease of use, security and communication, not only with you guys but directly with your customers, us lot).

i've love to hear your take on c2p and its performance.

Tratos
06-05-06, 17:06
An often requested feature was a proper intergration of the webzine updates to the launcher page - i know we get small news articles on the launcher page when there are new articles but would it be possible to push for the smaller signatures or something very similar on the launcher page in the top right hand corner? as it's currently empty and could easily be used for this purpose.

It would also allow for the more important game related topics to stay on the frontpage alot longer to ensure everyone sees them.

Also inregards to the launcher page wouldnt it be classed as better communication to have all annoucements (all threads posted in the Annoucements forum) as a new article on the launcher page and the neocron.com page (which hasnt been updated for a long long time, making the game look stale).

Would be easy to do especially if the launcher page and neocron.com page gather articles from the same source.

unreal
06-05-06, 18:25
Some of us already saw some players having special skins (like dncers in Pussy Club)
It would be nice if those things could be possible again:
special tool or "armor" that could be put on and giving us a more nice skin.

I know it existed so is it possible to have them available?It's a Babesuit, as far as I know it's a faction reward, and since nothing even remotely related to faction rewards happens on Terra, fat chance of it happening. The people who currently wear them transferred their characters along with their Babesuit over from another server.

Would be nice to see some activity on Terra regarding faction rewards. As always, Terra is out of the loop, the only thing Terra seems to get are database problems. Hire some English people as Event GM's that actually play Neocron and know where they're going. In two of the last events I had to tell the Event GM where to go, because they got lost, not to mention they were speaking Engrish, which isn't too good considering 70% or 80% of the people taking place in events on Terra (when they do happen) have English as their main/first language, and they were doing the Event incredibly slowly.

There's lots of trustworthy people on Terra that speak English well and would want to spend time getting events together. Warn them of being banned before they even think about doing naughty things, if that's the case. But I doubt it would be neccessary if you pick the right people. There needs to be SOME sort of activity, Terra is becoming pretty boring lately, everyone keeps leaving because they can't find anyone to kill and feel the balancing is going nowhere, there's not much in terms of content and therefore no patches to fix the little things that crop up all the time. Something needs to be done to keep people interested.

What do Reakktor think about this?

Edit: I wrote "Employ", which kind of hinted they would be getting paid, which wouldn't be true. :p

RogerRamjet
06-05-06, 20:29
Any updated ETA on the new payment method?

Nidhogg
06-05-06, 20:54
There's no point in asking a question over and over again.

N

giga191
07-05-06, 00:23
could we get an ETA on when KK are gonna start giving us actual dates again?

Nidhogg
07-05-06, 00:42
could we get an ETA on when KK are gonna start giving us actual dates again?
Soon. :p

The next phase of balancing will begin next week (as stated by Than over in the balancing forum).

N

giga191
07-05-06, 15:38
Soon. :p

The next phase of balancing will begin next week (as stated by Than over in the balancing forum).

N by what month will the whole thing be done?

Nidhogg
07-05-06, 15:59
by what month will the whole thing be done?
We're still analysing what needs to be done so we're not in a position to state when it will be complete.

N

Tratos
07-05-06, 16:07
Is there any update on the recently announced patch and its content?

Is there any idea at what point during procedings the test server will be available to test the new changes and systems? i.e. during the discussion topics mentioned in this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=133396) or once they have all been discussed.

Tratos
13-05-06, 15:16
When can we expect some more answers or a new selection of interviews?

Seems to be another initiative that has died/is heading that way.

Brammers
15-05-06, 12:11
What's the current situation of the forum re-skining?

Tratos
15-05-06, 12:43
Since official responses have slowed (well, pretty much stopped) i hope Nid doesnt mind me posting this, i asked in PM a short while ago:

No news on the reskin (though it's hardly a priority anyway)

N

n3m
15-05-06, 12:43
Update 05/05
We are currently still processing all the topics covered so far and are developing and adjusting the appropriate systems. We will present the results as coherent systems next week.

Wasn't last week, "next week"?

Chenoa
18-05-06, 08:47
When can we expect some more answers or a new selection of interviews?

Seems to be another initiative that has died/is heading that way.

Nonononono ;) I´m on it ;) on both, trust me =)

/edit :

Collected Qs today . So DON´T post any of this questions again, pls
Complete Translation for Nidhogg will follow after we get the answers.

Germans - english below

Q: In wie fern wird die Werbung anblaufen? Gibt es schon bestimmte Pläne?
Q: Was wurde aus der "No more Elves" Kampagne? Auf Eis gelegt oder kommt da noch was?
Q: Wo wird die Werbung publiziert? Wird es sich auf das WWW beschränken, oder werde ich demnächts im TV, an Plakatwänden, whatever Neocron Werbung sehen?
Q: Was passiert mit Neptune?
Q: Wird es für die OP Settings einen Allianz Button geben,damit auch neutrale Fraktionen aus der Allianz den OP Genrep benützen können??
Q: Wie steht es mit der deutschen EVO 2.1 Webseite, welche ja damals zum Start zu EVO 2.1 °noch nicht ganz fertig wurde° ???
Q: wird das heal in zukunft nach dem syncen (heal geben - syncen - heal läuft zwar aber heilt nicht) wieder funktionieren?
Q: Kannst du mal erfragen ob wir bitte bitte wieder Cashcubes haben könnten?
Q: Wie ist der Status der Content Patches.
Q: wird eigentlich auch mal etwas an den zahl optionen geändert ? wegen paybay und co ?
Q: Stimmen die anderen Aussagen aus den Planfiles noch? (Orginal im Planfile #5, auf http://ng.neocron.com/index.php?id=111
Im Bereich des Produktframeworks wird sich auch einiges tun. Zentral ist an dieser Stelle eine durchgreifende Änderung im Bereich der Zahlungsservices. Auch hierzu werden Details später folgen. )
Q: Nach Launch der neuen Webseite wurde angekündigt, dass das Forum (farblich) an das neue Design angepasst wird.. Nidhogg war das, wenn ich mich recht erinnere...Wird da noch was draus?
Q: Wird es noch ein Planfile geben, wenn ja, wie lange müssen wir darauf ungefähr warten?
Q: Bekommen die Freezer Rifles mal ein passendes Magazin / passende Munition?
Q: Wann geht der online ( wann können wir drauf )
und wie soll die Umsetztung erfolgen ? - neuer Server ? einer der alten Server
abändern ? wenn ja welchen Server betrift es und was geschiet mit den chars die dort beheimatet sind ?
Q: Es war mal geplant eine "in Entwicklung"-Seite zu erstellen auf der man den aktuellen Entwicklungsstand sehen kann. Ist das noch ein Thema?
Q: Wird es die Neocron-Homepage auch irgendwann in deutsch geben?
Q: Viele Items fehlen Beschreibungen, ist es geplant in nächster Zeit neue Beschreibungen einzubauen?
Q: Einige Items haben als Grafik nur diesen komischen Sack, ist es geplant für solche Items evtl. auch mal ein paar neue Grafiken einzubauen?
Q: Könnte man sich vorstellen neue Skins für das Userinterface einzubauen?
Q: Könnte man sich vorstellen bei solchen Sachen (neue Skins, Grafiken, Itembeschreibungen) evtl. auch die Community mit einzubinden (indem sie z.B. Vorlagen für diese erstellen)?
Q: Warum dauern die Entwicklungsschübe bei Neocron so lange?
Q: Wird die Anzahl der Guards immer weiter erhöht (Tsunami HQ...) oder denkt man sich endlich ein besseres System aus, dass Spielen in relation zur Hintergrundgeschichte fördert und etwas realistischer ist als Guards die sich teilweise schon übereinander stapeln ( mein Vorschlag [http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1975817&postcount=1 ] zu patroullierenden Copbots z.B. Nur um ihn mal zu erwähnen ).
Q: Wo wir dabei sind: Was wird eigentlich unternommen um Spielen in relation zu Hintergrundgeschichte zu fördern? Heisst konkret: Was wird getan um Spieler dazu zu bringen wieder für die Ziele ihrer Fraktion zu kämpfen? (Und nein, das tun sie nicht schon... Sonst würden wir TGs vorm Cityadmin HQ sehen... )
Q: Wird Sympathie endlich wichtig? D.h.: Nicht nur zum Fraktionswechseln. Ausserdem kann man bei allierten Fraktionen nur Sympathie - durch z.B. erfolgreiche Selbstverteidigung - verlieren.
Q: Wird und wenn ja, wann wird die Balancing-Diskussion mit der Spielergemeinschaft hier im Forum fortgesetzt ?
Q: Gibt es irgend eine Zeitvorstellung seitens KK betreffend der Implementierung des neuen Systems, dass bis vor kurzem diskutiert wurde ? (bpsw. Spätherbst 2006, Mai 2007 oder April 2008 ?)

English :
Q: Did anyone think about making the UG-GR an "Exit only" ? OR make it work both ways for both sides? Or alternatively the question:
What do you think about the idea to give the UG at outposts several exits? That way, barreling down one exit would be absolutely useless...
Q: As the graphics guys are presumably left feeling rather lost at the moment (no new content, balancing main focus) is there any chance we could have a few "missing" graphics put in?
(http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1981010&postcount=30)
Q: New graphic for stealthtools?
Q: Are putting 'checks' into the game a form of bandaid solution?
Q: Are you aware that the login 'checks' have had very little impact on bad logins (mine at least)?
Q: Can we get an update on the TG epic reward replacement? Since SnowCrash said round about the BD reward change that we'd get a new one.
Q: Devestator Warbots and mission (as patched in #131)?
Q: Clan Missions?
Q: Outpost income?
Q: Any intnetion of handing out Faction Rewards a bit again?
Q: Clan wars?
Q: Are there any plans to introduce more player factions such as Anarchy Breed and the Trader Union?
Q: Are there any plans to make the Dome Of York a playable faction?
Q: Is the possibility of Tech Haven and/or the TG Canyon becoming large scale player owned outposts still there as/when/if the storyline allows the oppurtunity again?
Q: If not are there any plans to return TechHaven and the TG Canyon to their own factions - Fallen Angels and Twilight Guardian, respectivly - at any point in the storyline?
Q: Are there plans to fix/alter the item distribution system in the near future? (Could be considered balance in a way)
Q: Are there plans to fix/alter the item distribution system in the near future? (Could be considered balance in a way)
(last 6 questions : http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1981233&postcount=45)
Q: Do KK still posses a working map editor and the ability to create new unique zones? If so is it a particuarly arduous task?
Q: Would it be possible to at least see some new MOB activity as described above? Or since the graphics department admittedly don't code, get them to create some new strange thing for us to kill, since they won't be doing much in the balancing, or much else?
Q: In regards to the question above, how about merging two types of creatures together... the love child of Bob the hairy mutant and the Black Roach (lol, sounds like something out of The Fly) for example. Just give us something else to kill?
Q: Some of us already saw some players having special skins (like dncers in Pussy Club)
It would be nice if those things could be possible again: Special tool or "armor" that could be put on and giving us a more nice skin. I know it existed so is it possible to have them available?
Q: As a whole do you think Click2Pay offer a good payment system? (to include reliability, ease of use, security and communication, not only with you guys but directly with your customers, us lot).
Q: Q about the mags and launcher : http://forum.neocron.com/showpost.php?p=1982850&postcount=52
Q: Is there any update on the recently announced patch and its content?
Q: Is there any idea at what point during procedings the test server will be available to test the new changes and systems? i.e. during the discussion topics mentioned in this thread (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=133396) or once they have all been discussed.

Answered / bereits beantwortet :
Q: Will the new payment method be similar to WorldPay, or will it be another one where you seemingly must jump through countless hoops to give people your hard earned cash?
A: (Nidhogg) Our goal is to significantly improve the payment process.

Q: could we get an ETA on when KK are gonna start giving us actual dates again?
A: (Nidhogg) Soon. The next phase of balancing will begin next week (as stated by Than over in the balancing forum). We're still analysing what needs to be done so we're not in a position to state when it will be complete

Q: What's the current situation of the forum re-skining?
A: (Nidhogg) No news on the reskin (though it's hardly a priority anyway)

Q: Is anything going to come of all these spiders that were spawned? Or is that the whole event? Just watching a load of spiders invade half the sectors? Hopefully there will be a new higher level spider. The highest ones at the moment are queens at rank 38/38 or 40/40 I think.
Q: Can we get an update on the storyline? as even the 6 week long world event has had very little movement or activity in the last couple of weeks - there's not been a VoTR article since early April.
A: Will follow soon !

Nidhogg
19-05-06, 14:23
Quick progress report on the alleged griefing tactic whereby CM chars are used specifically for the purpose of destroying SL. This has now been assigned to QA who will investigate and report back. We'll then have a short internal meeting to discuss the results before making an announcement. I can't give you a date for the announcement because it depends on the QA analysis but I'll report back as soon as there's more progress.

I'll also post this in the Comm Talk thread...

N

Bugs Gunny
19-05-06, 14:32
Nice to see that it's finaly being dealt with.
Also, could you do something for the poor mercs?
I fight them all the time, and even i feel bad for them when they kill me inside mb.

Tratos
21-05-06, 20:49
For the next round of questions once the last batch have gone through, Parashock.

Since we - the community - have "done this one to death" can we get an official statement (or answer, if you'd prefer) on how KK feels about para, its future in the game in relation to it's existance and the balancing movement.

Do KK support it?
Do KK feel it is balanced?
Do KK feel it should be currently what and where it is, i.e. the strength and it being a PPU spell.?
Do KK see where the community is coming from in the many, many, many, many, many, many threads related to parashock and it's weapon varients?

Basically all im asking for is acknowledgement of the majority of the (forum) community's views on parashock as we've never had a fully explained reason for it's existance and it's role in the game - all we've had is closed threads, bitter players and no true response from anyone at ReaKKtor.

If we have had this answer at some point in the forum's history - somone send me a link please.

Nidhogg
21-05-06, 21:23
Do a search on Than's posts for para*. It's clear that parashock isn't going to be removed but it's also clear that changes are in the offing; exactly what those changes are will be discussed in the balancing forum.

Do KK support it?
Yes.

Do KK feel it is balanced?
Not necessarily. It's not that easy to determine how balanced it is in the face of possible changes to the monk class itself.

Do KK feel it should be currently what and where it is, i.e. the strength and it being a PPU spell.?
Again, this is part of the monk discussion in the balancing forum.

Do KK see where the community is coming from in the many, many, many, many, many, many threads related to parashock and it's weapon varients?
Yes, which is why para is up for discussion in the balancing forum. However, we've had quite enough "Remove Para!" threads.

N

CMaster
22-05-06, 12:23
Thanks for that Nid. Perhaps you could answer the one critical question however:

Why is it that para is in game? What exactly does it add to gameplay, rather than the prevailing community opinion that it only takes away?

Tratos
22-05-06, 12:28
When can we expect to see the coherent system for the earlier balance stuff annouced in the 5/5 update thread from the balance forums - which was removed.

We were supposed to get them by the 12th werent we? 10 days ago.

Additionally why was that thread removed?

Nidhogg
22-05-06, 13:09
We needed more input before we could put everything together. Please be patient - we need to do this right.

N

Pantho
22-05-06, 13:53
Yes why was that removed, that was one of the things i was on about in my recently closed thread - Yes i was "Slightly" drunk,

@Nid, Its not a girls drink, honest :(

Spermy
22-05-06, 13:53
We needed more input before we could put everything together. Please be patient - we need to do this right.

N

Is there any kind of programme in place for balancing yet? Whats to be done first? If there's no concrete answer for that, are there any ideas pertaining to how balance is going to be done, floating around?

Nidhogg
22-05-06, 15:19
Quick progress report on the alleged griefing tactic whereby CM chars are used specifically for the purpose of destroying SL. This has now been assigned to QA who will investigate and report back. We'll then have a short internal meeting to discuss the results before making an announcement. I can't give you a date for the announcement because it depends on the QA analysis but I'll report back as soon as there's more progress.

I'll also post this in the Comm Talk thread...

N
QA report is in and the decision has been taken that this tactic is not to be classed as griefing. If you wish to discuss this (and I'm guessing that you will) please do so in Comm Talk. This thread is for Q&A only.

N

Bugs Gunny
22-05-06, 15:42
According to ppus parashock is in the game "to get away from people when under attack".

So, this leads me to conclude that when i'm fighting a bunch of people with a ppu, they are in fact scared of me and the ppu parashocks me , just so they can all get away :D

Now, seriously. I can't see any valid reason for parashock, besides allowing the motoricaly disabled to take part in pvp. Now i can understand it when people use it to glue a stealther down and barrel the place (doesn't realy work), but it's used more than holy heal in some fights.

I've started using a freezer pistol myself. Now imagine what happened. The melee tank WITH ppu who parashocked started calling me a noob, because with the freezer pistol he couldn't hit me when i ran backwards.
And this was not the only person who had a ppu with him that complained.

So, i also ask the question: "What is KK's valid reason for their apparent obsession with the parashock spell?"

Dribble Joy
22-05-06, 15:47
'Integral part of Neocron's gameplay.'?

I really would like a serious, deep reply to why it's maintained.

Though technically they have only said they want it ingame, they did not say they specifically want it to be part of PvP ;).
PvM para is fine :p.

Tratos
22-05-06, 16:12

N
Is there any particular reason why we werent told this when the "date" given arrived and passed over a week ago?

And i hope it is done right.

Dribble Joy
23-05-06, 22:33
Q: Are there plans to alter the draw distance?

CMaster
25-05-06, 23:59
Q: Any chance of getting the old Crahn NC1 clan apps back in as a "large OZ appartment"?

unreal
26-05-06, 00:05
Q: What happened to all the different bits of furniture (such as knives and forks, food, armour, swords, etc) shown in the NC2 promotional trailer, and what was the excuse not to put them in-game?

CMaster
29-05-06, 17:08
Q: Why is any question, querey or issue regaurding Item Tracking ignored by KK?

giga191
29-05-06, 21:02
Playershops would add so much to the game. How hard would it be to make a new window on the city coms where you could drag an item into and then choose a price?

CMaster
30-05-06, 02:45
This post may get deleted as a result of being "discussion" rather than questions, (although I do think it could be considered "answers. I'll leave it to Nid's discression).
KK have addressed the issues of both mechs and player shops. I think Mechs was dealt with earlier in this thread - the answer was a no, and with the exception of warbots, I feel (along with many others) theey wouldnt really fit in NC.
Now, playershops I refer you to this http://ln.neocron.com/5/planfiles?id=124& where KK do offically state that player shops are indefinatley delayed - you can't claim they are still avoiding that issue.
Item tracking, however, I believe the last statement from KK on the issue was http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=126488&page=1 . Ever since we havent heard anything. Any questions regaruding it, issues surruning are ignored, which is just, off I think. A statement that it was out would seem more acceptable than the seeming attempt to pretend it never happened.

RusSki
30-05-06, 18:10
So ur basically repeating what i said in the post directly above yours.

Brammers
30-05-06, 20:36
A few related questions all in one post...

Q. How will the departure of Dirus from the balancing project effect the final delivery (ie Patch) of the Neocron balancing project?

Q. What was Dirus's role in the balancing project, and what effect will that have on the balancing project?

Q. It's clear many members of the community knew about Dirus's departure several weeks ago. Why was KK not able to inform the community about his departure?

Q. What plans are being made to replace Dirus's role in the balancing project?

Nidhogg
30-05-06, 21:55
The answers to these questions are mostly already in the public domain but I'll collect them up and re-order them to make it easier to follow.

Q. What was Dirus's role in the balancing project, and what effect will that have on the balancing project?Dirus' role was clearly stated at the outset in this sticky (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=132985). As a part-time member of a larger team, Dirus' role was to liaise with the English community and work with the team on various balancing issues. There are other full-time members of the team who can take over the liaison role, most notably Thanatos.

Q. How will the departure of Dirus from the balancing project effect the final delivery (ie Patch) of the Neocron balancing project?The final result isn't going to be a "big bang" patch in any case. We're already testing a patch and we've not experienced any delay due to Dirus' departure.

Q. It's clear many members of the community knew about Dirus's departure several weeks ago. Why was KK not able to inform the community about his departure?There was never any secret - you'll notice there were no efforts to deny or edit or ban, even though the poster assumed he would be! We're obviously sad to see Dirus leave the team because he's a great guy to work and get on with, but we're equally sad to see any member leave our team and sadly people do (for whatever reasons). We're not obliged to inform the community every time someone joins or leaves us because it's just a fact of life, especially outside of the permanent team.

Q. What plans are being made to replace Dirus's role in the balancing project?
Dirus' QA duties have been assigned to another senior QA GM and his balancing communication role will be taken up by the rest of the team.

N

Bugs Gunny
31-05-06, 00:16
Q: How many members of the ballancing team play a pvp char more than 50% of the time, are they considered "good or okay" at it, and if so is that with or without fulltime ppu support?

That's all i need to know about the ballancing.

(and don't gimme that politician-like "i'll answer your question without actualy saying something that has meaning" crap)

Nidhogg
31-05-06, 00:55
Q: How many members of the ballancing team play a pvp char more than 50% of the time, are they considered "good or okay" at it, and if so is that with or without fulltime ppu support?

That's all i need to know about the ballancing.

(and don't gimme that politician-like "i'll answer your question without actualy saying something that has meaning" crap)
You should stop believing your own hype. Just because one interview from one person said that he's too busy working on the game to PK your ass all day long doesn't mean that there's no experience of PvP. :/ These people wrote the game, they're asking for your opinion, so the least you can do is offer it without all the bullshit insults.

N

/edit - Dirus mentioned on a number of occasions that he was no great lover of PvP so that's obviously not mandatory.

unreal
31-05-06, 02:41
I think Gunnars point is a good one, and it's a point that has been noticed by most of us. If most of the balancing team don't actually PvP, sitting around on their tradeskillers instead, then why should they be the ones to decide how to "balance" PvP as it currently stands? They won't (or don't) have enough CURRENT experience about how PvP is today, rather than years ago, and will end up continuing in the wrong direction.

Quite a few examples of this already exist in-game, and as repetitive as I am, I might as well mention one of the most PvP destroying and unbalancing things that for some reason is still approved of by the people in charge, Parashock.
Experience intense First-Person-Shooter-like combat, no boring click&wait combat!Q: What is so intense and exciting about being glued to the spot, so that someone can kill you at ease?
Q: Why don't Reakktor see Parashock as something that totally ruins the PvP experience? That, along with the amount of guards and their respawn rates, totally removes any thought of raiding the enemy cities.
Q: What logical reason exists for Parashock to be left in-game? There has been no actual explanation of any good reason for it to stay, all that's been mentioned is it might be "toned down". If it's going to be "toned down", it's obviously seen as a problem and makes things unbalanced, so I ask again, why not just remove it altogether?

Nidhogg
31-05-06, 09:51
I think Gunnars point is a good one, and it's a point that has been noticed by most of us. If most of the balancing team don't actually PvP, sitting around on their tradeskillers instead
What did I just say in my last post? Why do you read want you want to read and ignore everything else? You are reading one quote from one person and assuming it applies to everyone.

N

unreal
31-05-06, 10:10
I wasn't assuming anything. I said most, not everyone. I'm simply thinking the same as Gunnar, and quite a few other people who haven't posted the very same questions on the forum. Anyway, looking forward to see answers to those questions at some point in the not too distant future. :)

Brammers
31-05-06, 10:23
I asked...

Q. How will the departure of Dirus from the balancing project effect the final delivery (ie Patch) of the Neocron balancing project?

You replied...

The final result isn't going to be a "big bang" patch in any case. We're already testing a patch and we've not experienced any delay due to Dirus' departure.

So that leads me to...

Q. How can you say that you have not experienced any delay, when no firm date has been set for any patch to be released? (eg Patch 157.)

Q. Which is the balancing project due to be completed? (I would like to see a month and year sort of answer please!)

Q. How many full time programmers and project managers does KK employ?

Q. What teams will KK employees be supporting in the World Cup?

Jezebel
31-05-06, 11:46
Q: Is Evo 2.2 still scheduled for June?

giga191
31-05-06, 11:55
Q. How can you say that you have not experienced any delay, when no firm date has been set for any patch to be released? (eg Patch 157.)
His answer implied that dirus wasn't doing anything, hence why he's not working for KK any more :p

Kierz
31-05-06, 15:10
Some factions on some servers are not very active. For example on Terra the Tsunami Syndicate faction, there are hardly any players who play in that faction.I take offence to that, tsunami are actually quite an active faction since paradox reformed, we've had more ops than FA have for sure :p Just a shame FF and DR have to keep ninjaing them off us.
CA(DR), TT(TFC), DRE (afterdark), PP (virus), BT (SxR), BD (LOVE/nCAT), TS (paradox), FA (DoY/skulls), TG (FF)... only factions i can't think of an op fighting clan for are next/crahn/mercs

As far as staying on topic goes err.... ETA on listening to what the players want with para instead of deciding for us?

Zheo
31-05-06, 22:24
only factions i can't think of an op fighting clan for are next/crahn/mercs

cm is a dead faction its used by people to traffic goods etc and by belt hackers. and of course LPN but we dont op fight with few members we cant hold an op.

Q/ any date for #157? June maybe? July?

aKe`cj
31-05-06, 22:43
Q. How many full time programmers and project managers does KK employ?

cant tell you bout the project managers bit .. but dedicated fulltime programmers... 2-3 ...I guess. Daniel Ludwig, Dirk Wilhelmy and that "new" guy. Thats not a lot considering the challange those brave men are up against :p

Tratos
01-06-06, 15:59
In what stage of the whole Q&A process are the last bach of questions in? seems Chenoa has had problems interogating the people she needs :p

EDIT: Forgot to add this the other day:

What is this annoucement about? http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=134105

n3m
01-06-06, 18:08
In what stage of the whole Q&A process are the last bach of questions in? seems Chenoa has had problems interogating the people she needs :p

EDIT: Forgot to add this the other day:

What is this annoucement about? http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?t=134105
/enter shabby translation
The screen SHOT of the alleged Spells “Caustic Rain” is a FAKE! To moments this screen SHOT in some clan forums, where one states, circulates it would give to this Spell already ingame, would be a WoC Item. This is not definitely a deception and should any further attention be given!
/end shitty translation

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/8271/shot00070af.jpg

cRazy-
01-06-06, 18:16
Dunno why its fake, seems like a pretty good Psi WoC spell tbh.

Kierz
01-06-06, 19:46
not as good as the bat plague <3

giga191
02-06-06, 01:09
Q: Is neptune going to be closed down?

unreal
04-06-06, 19:52
There seems to be a slight increase in the amount of people taking interest in Neocron again at the moment, as shown on the forum at least. Most new people I've come across in-game usually spend a few days doing absolutely nothing, because they're either trying to find their way around, or are getting to grips with the interface and items. So in other words, between 1/5 and 1/3 of the 10 day trial is already down the toilet.

As mentioned, you can get quite a lot done in 10 days, but that's only if you've already got knowledge of Neocron, good levelling spots, and whatever else. Newcomers won't have that, and for the more Eastern-based players, it'll be even harder to progress, as the population is far lower on average by the time they'll be starting to play. This means it'll be harder for them to get decent weapons to level up with, not to mention get advice.

In regards to the trial time once again, I personally have never seen Neocron on sale in a shop, so for most people, especially people from America and other places, they'll be limited to the 10 day trial. Considering Neocron isn't exactly up to scratch regarding the engine, graphics and other things, surely players should be given more time to get to grips with the gameplay itself, which is generally the main asset Neocron currently has. 10 days just isn't long enough for a newcomer to do that, unless they're specifically being buttplugged/funded by an experienced player.

So, Q: Have Reakktor thought about increasing the trial time for people not buying (or not being able to buy) Neocron in a box? 20-25 days at the very least, or more preferably making it the same as the boxed version.

Reakktor won't be missing out or losing anything by doing this. Once again, it's one of those small and simple improvements that would help with bringing in new customers (just like adding a new easy and reliable payment method such as PayPal, which seems to STILL be getting nowhere I might add), and make the population better, which will obviously help Neocron go forwards instead of its current direction.

Please do SOMETHING to help towards bringing in new customers. Thinking to myself just now, a large fraction of my current 3 month subscription has been spent by not even logging in for more than 2minutes unless I'm helping a friend level up, for reasons already mentioned in other sections of the forum (generally the lack of activity, or Parashock spam when there is some sort of activity). This has become a global thing as of lately, quite a few people have now given up playing or not resubscribed until patch 157 is being released.

The advertisement/"No More Elves" campaigns are pretty much extinct. Surely someone could spend an hour searching Google for a bunch of gaming sites, and submitting Neocron information to them. Even I would volunteer for the boring task if I knew I wouldn't get into trouble for whatever reason. From the current evidence, it looks as though Reakktor are relying on word of mouth for their advertisement. This is obviously bad, as everyone I know who plays Neocron is constantly saying "f*ck it" and "ffs, fatal'd", or "stuck in sync".

Q: Are there any plans to start the advertisement/"No More Elves" campaigns back up again?

PS. A little note regarding Neocron.com - Most browsers or various third party applications these days block "popup windows", which is basically what happens when clicking on the "Create Free Trial Account" button included in the flash video on the main page. Some clients won't even give notice that a popup is being blocked, and therefore most potential customers in that scenario will be thinking "oh, nvm" because nothing seems to be happening, and begin to browse elsewhere.

Edit: God damn typos don't half annoy me. Wrote "no" instead of "now". :mad:

giga191
05-06-06, 17:11
Q: where is the A? :D

Q: Have you guys started making the balancing thing yet, or are you still working with concepts?

aKe`cj
05-06-06, 17:30
Q: where is the A? :D

Q: Have you guys started making the balancing thing yet, or are you still working with concepts?

According to the latest info, they're ~ 70-80% done with the codechanges necessary to get stuff going on the test. Unless I misunderstood that post.. but I am positivly confident this is what was being said ;)

giga191
05-06-06, 18:13
According to the latest info, they're ~ 70-80% done with the codechanges necessary to get stuff going on the test. Unless I misunderstood that post.. but I am positivly confident this is what was being said ;) That's kewl, the sooner it comes up the better, can't wait to give some feedback.

Tratos
05-06-06, 18:25
Although i've been playing EVE for almost a week i'll certianly be chipping in time around my exams here and there to try and give feedback on the new systems!

Q: Will the EGM team for Terra be expanded in the future to support more frequent and fluid events on the server?

Brammers
06-06-06, 12:47
Q. Are tradeskillers going to be part of the re-balancing project in any way?

Nidhogg
06-06-06, 22:32
We now have plenty of questions, the answers to some of which will become apparent after the patch and as the balancing progresses, and some of which we don't have answers for at the moment. Rather than leaving it hanging we're going to close the thread for the time being. It will re-open soon(tm) and I'm sure you won't let me forget. ;)

N