PDA

View Full Version : Remove drugflash at point of death or resolve this issue...

unreal
05-04-06, 02:29
Since the new "You were killed by Big Mommas Left Hairy Testicle" messages were added in the recent patch, they're made almost useless for characters like Spies or PE's that typically drug up to their eyeballs.

When you die, you'll end up with drugflash, which means you can't teleport out, because the drugflash won't allow you to. This means that when you restart Neocron then log back in, you won't get the killed by something message after teleporting out or being ressurrected.

Either remove all drugflash upon death (which would make sense, because you're now dead), so you're able to see around you, or at least allow us to teleport out after dying with drugflash. This would help a lot regarding NeoFrag too. You die after taking a load of drugs, and you have to relogin, which in turn, forces you to leave NeoFrag, either getting stuck in sync upon relogin, or just inconveniencing your afternoon of gameplay.

John Bushido
05-04-06, 02:44
u can check ur log and see who killed u

Koshinn
05-04-06, 03:28
Keep it in, drugs suck tbh.

unreal
05-04-06, 04:36
u can check ur log and see who killed uIt doesn't get stored in the console log, or at least it hasn't for me, otherwise I wouldn't be posting this. The NeoFrag thing was only an afterthought for me.

Koshinn
05-04-06, 08:47
It doesn't get stored in the console log, or at least it hasn't for me, otherwise I wouldn't be posting this. The NeoFrag thing was only an afterthought for me.
It does get stored in console.log

My Console.log has this in it:

03-19-2006 22:18:01 > You have been killed by Soldier - Foster O`Harra!

That was a long time ago and it still has it!

jini
05-04-06, 09:16
Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt. Either way, Unrael is right, drugflash after death is just stupid. It should go

SorkZmok
05-04-06, 10:02
console.log keeps it. But the message itself isn't working 100%, that's the reason why it doesn't show up there all the time.

About the drugs, that bug is there forever and it's a pain in the ass. With 3 or more drugs, you have to relogg everytime you die, if in NF or outside, you will also have an insane drugflash upon death what makes it pretty hard to see anything or just choose a genrep to get out.

I doubt KK will ever fix that. :(

netster
05-04-06, 10:12
erm ....
after death => gr out => no drugflash
after death => get rezz => no drugflash

after death => looking at gr list => drugflash => no console

unreal
05-04-06, 11:31
after death => gr out => no drugflash

I guess I should have been more specific at the time of posting, I just rushed it in after I crashed while doing the last Crahn Epic mission, but it should have been obvious from the start. Especially if you read SorkZmok's reply just now. I'm talking about the drugflash effect that appears on your screen while being dead, after being killed (if you take drugs of course).

It typically stops you from seeing anything around you, stops you from being able to teleport out if the drugflash is THAT bad (the same way very bad drugflash forces you to stand still, unable to use items such as stealth or heal, or move, but you can use more drugs and possibly other types of medicaments), and for me, having to exit Neocron because of this (I don't get rezzed often), it means the kill message usually doesn't get written to my console log file for whatever reason (the file isn't read only, or anything that would stop it being written to, the file is currently just over 7mb and has existed for just under 3weeks).

With this new simple feature I would like to be able to take advantage of it and know who killed me for future reference, rather than not be able to. For people who don't leave NeoFrag much (*cough* Dribble Joy maybe? lol) I'm sure it's a really annoying thing for them to have to relogin every time they die or choose the other option and sit there with immense drugflash. I know it annoys me and other people who go in there too.

athon
05-04-06, 11:46
This drug flash was introduced because dead people would sit and spy on what was going on around them - meaning a retaliating op war team could have full knowledge of their enemies positions by just leaving one person dead at the op to spy (communication done over teamspeak or IRC). This was a BAD THING(tm).

Dead men tell no tales - and that's the way it should be.

Leave the drug flash on death as it is.

Athon

CMaster
05-04-06, 11:52
This drug flash was introduced because dead people would sit and spy on what was going on around them - meaning a retaliating op war team could have full knowledge of their enemies positions by just leaving one person dead at the op to spy (communication done over teamspeak or IRC). This was a BAD THING(tm).

Athon

Erm, so eithrer A: leave a dead person who hasnt taken drugs or
B: Use an LEed person

That isn't what this druflash is about at all...

RogerRamjet
05-04-06, 12:05
Dont die ^_^^

retr0n
05-04-06, 12:05

Athon

Wow, what a BS answer. So let me get this straight. People would leave their
chars dead at an op in order to spy on a clan so they can report what was going
on to their team. In order to fix this, they decided the right thing to do was to
give a drugflash, to those who used drugs, upon death? So if i take my ppu
and die, what's the difference?

Not even KK has an imagination that bad. If what you say is/was an issue, they
would simply make the screen black upon death.

If KK does feel that drugflash upon death is staying, then please, make the
genrep selection render "over" the drugflash, and not the other way around.

athon
05-04-06, 12:19
As far as I'm aware the flash happens to everyone - tho I could be wrong as I've been out of the game a while.

Athon

unreal
05-04-06, 12:32
As far as I'm aware the flash happens to everyone - tho I could be wrong as I've been out of the game a while.

AthonThis thread isn't about why people get drugflash, it's what it stops you from doing when you die. Having drugflash at death is one thing. Having drugflash that stops you from teleporting out (or respawning in NeoFrag) without relogging in is another.

Keep flaming somewhere else though please, otherwise this thread will join the hundreds of other threads that mention things that can be relatively easy to fix in no time at all, but get ignored because of all the crap that is mentioned inbetween.

athon
05-04-06, 12:37
This thread isn't about why people get drugflash, it's what it stops you from doing when you die. Having drugflash at death is one thing. Having drugflash that stops you from teleporting out (or respawning in NeoFrag) without relogging in is another.

Keep flaming somewhere else though please, otherwise this thread will join the hundreds of other threads that mention things that can be relatively easy to fix in no time at all, but get ignored because of all the crap that is mentioned inbetween.
Ahh, I see. Yes - I can't see why that shouldn't be easy to fix. One method would be to draw the GUI, or even just that particular window, on top of the drug flash effect.

I apologise if any of my posts were interpreted as a flame. They certainly weren't intended as such.

Athon

Paper Dragon
05-04-06, 12:54
Keep the drug flash, allow better use of the HuD while under it, though.

Done.

CMaster
05-04-06, 13:05
I'm not sure if everybody understands the problem. If you die with more than 2 drugs running, you cannot right click. It is entirely necessary to relog. And yes, from 2 drugs its possible to be so badly flashed you can't see the menu, but thats a different issue.

Athon - there was never drugflash for all dead people (not as long as I've been playing anyway, and noone has mentioned it before that. Maybe you just used to take drugs on all your characters?

jini
05-04-06, 15:35
I'm not sure if everybody understands the problem. If you die with more than 2 drugs running, you cannot right click. It is entirely necessary to relog. And yes, from 2 drugs its possible to be so badly flashed you can't see the menu, but thats a different issue.

Athon - there was never drugflash for all dead people (not as long as I've been playing anyway, and noone has mentioned it before that. Maybe you just used to take drugs on all your characters?
Something sooo simple, and yet, we are still debating. I wonder how evo2.2 will look like. Kill the god damn drugflash after death. Its stupid

Dogface
05-04-06, 15:44
Totally agree, remove the pointless drug flash when you die.

cRazy-
05-04-06, 18:35
I agree with Unreal, I drug on my PE and when I die I have to spend almost a minute just looking for the bloody mouse pointer then guiding it down and clicking on my GR list, if I move it too fast I lose it again in the static.

Koshinn
06-04-06, 00:18
Easy fix - remove all drugs

Dogface
06-04-06, 00:28
I hope that was a joke and not a real suggestion :p

RogerRamjet
06-04-06, 00:29
I hope that was a joke and not a real suggestion :p

Well, have you been reading the balance forums?

Comedy gold in there :p :angel:

Dogface
06-04-06, 04:47
Well I guess it keeps KK laughing :lol:

jini
06-04-06, 06:47
Easy fix - remove all drugs
Indeed, but first bring Hybrids penalties to -30 again (in apu or ppu)

Koshinn
06-04-06, 07:20
Indeed, but first bring Hybrids penalties to -30 again (in apu or ppu)

I'm down for that. :D Hell, make it -50. If you need, remove monks all together, if drugs go with them it's alllll good!

jini
06-04-06, 08:11
I'm down for that. :D Hell, make it -50. If you need, remove monks all together, if drugs go with them it's alllll good!
errr, strange.
Is Sekhmet something other than monk?
What is so wrong with drugs?

Koshinn
06-04-06, 08:12
I only play a hybrid to kill ppus. If there aren't ppus in the game, I won't have to play a hybrid.

jini
06-04-06, 08:25
You are biased, what is so wrong with monks? Even I that never plays them because i find them not to be challenge I dont mind that much, but other than that, they do add variety in the game.

BTW, both of us, are becoming more and more like the other duo ingame (paper dragon & Suler) ...

RogerRamjet
06-04-06, 09:48

I too am down for that.