PDA

View Full Version : Change the MB entrence back to the old SL rule

cRazy-
05-04-06, 01:23
I definately think it should be braught back to the old SL rules (not sure what it was, outskirt sector or something).

Its a major PvP area (there could be better places but thats where most of it happens) and because of this, Neutrals (ecspecially citymerc) take advantage, they can hack everyones belts without being harassed and do the usual bad trait of purposly getting hit to fall off and lose SL.

I know it brings back neutral vs neutral fights, but tbh id rather see all the CM being neutral to all and other problems which come with usual pvp fights in MB.

LiL T
05-04-06, 01:47
I definately think it should be braught back to the old SL rules (not sure what it was, outskirt sector or something).

Its a major PvP area (there could be better places but thats where most of it happens) and because of this, Neutrals (ecspecially citymerc) take advantage, they can hack everyones belts without being harassed and do the usual bad trait of purposly getting hit to fall off and lose SL.

I know it brings back neutral vs neutral fights, but tbh id rather see all the CM being neutral to all and other problems which come with usual pvp fights in MB.

/signed

Oh and it could be made bigger !! If people are going to PVP some place it should be fun...

Move that bunker lvling spot to neocron and make better lvling areas inside MB not those dumb cyber beatles and cyber dogs...

cRazy-
05-04-06, 01:56
tbh I say remove that main lift shaft and make the stairs self supporting attached to the wall, giving bigger square space to fight and removing clipping.

LiL T
05-04-06, 02:00
tbh I say remove that main lift shaft and make the stairs self supporting attached to the wall, giving bigger square space to fight and removing clipping.

BUT then people will fall to thier deaths where the lift shaft use to be. Also the CM gaurds would fall down it too easly, erm hold on wtf's the point in having the CM gaurds there if CM have not enemys :wtf: KK remove them plz thx we hate them...

cRazy-
05-04-06, 02:02
Just have a rail going across all the stairs so you cant fall off unless you jump up ontop.

Tbh you would have just as much of a chance of falling as you do falling down the lift shaft.

LiL T
05-04-06, 02:04
Just have a rail going across all the stairs so you cant fall off unless you jump up ontop.

Tbh you would have just as much of a chance of falling as you do falling down the lift shaft.

But that does not solve the small space to fight in problem, it only solves the clipping

/edit MB is just a shite place to pvp but one of the only ones people use and WHY ???

cRazy-
05-04-06, 02:07
Easy to get to, easy to zone, easy to not die whilst still being able to pvp.

LiL T
05-04-06, 02:10
They should just remove safe zones... Would people quit ? I don't think so actully but people would be a lot more hidden away in places they don't want others to find them.

/edit I think the only safe zones should be plaza 1/doy city center and maybe but I disagree TH. AT the TH you trade with the enemy you take the risk imo, would raise prices in epic chips etc and would need CM to protect people trying to trade.

Koshinn
05-04-06, 03:32
They should just remove safe zones... Would people quit ? I don't think so actully but people would be a lot more hidden away in places they don't want others to find them.

/edit I think the only safe zones should be plaza 1/doy city center and maybe but I disagree TH. AT the TH you trade with the enemy you take the risk imo, would raise prices in epic chips etc and would need CM to protect people trying to trade.

Why would CM protect people trying to trade? They'd lose SL...

Reimplement TH turrets, but make them like copbots in that they shoot anyone who draws guns.. shots from the sky so you cant use it to kill people by getting them in the way. That and low SL people.

FlashFF
05-04-06, 03:39
Easy to get to, easy to zone, easy to not die whilst still being able to pvp.

[ edited ]

Also, why don't you just find somewhere else to pvp, maybe somewhere that wont get in the way of people who dont want to pvp?

cRazy-
05-04-06, 05:39
[ edited ]

Also, why don't you just find somewhere else to pvp, maybe somewhere that wont get in the way of people who dont want to pvp?

uhm... Im answering LilT's post on why people PvP there so much, it isnt the reason why I fight there, its the general reason why most people do however.

Read and think, before you speak.

FlashFF
05-04-06, 06:07
Yes... But in your original post. you are the one stating that it's a major PvP area and asking it to be made more suitable for PvP. Now take a look at my now edited post and the way its split up. The top section was with the quote, the bottom section was a general comment about the topic. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

And my opinion stands, why not just find a real PvP area to fight in, instead of blocking up MB.

Koshinn
05-04-06, 08:46
because if everyone spends time looking for someone to fight, they won't have as much actual fighting time than if they all congregate to one easily accessible area to fight in.

FlashFF
05-04-06, 08:54
Yeah, but there are easily accessible areas that don't get in the way or non-pvpers. Maybe people should instead opt for battledome to become a no-belt zone. Seems to me that would be the best place for PVP.

Koshinn
05-04-06, 08:56
Yeah, but there are easily accessible areas that don't get in the way or non-pvpers. Maybe people should instead opt for battledome to become a no-belt zone. Seems to me that would be the best place for PVP.

Except not, because MB allows people to GR into the area safely and wait off si before fighting. At battledome you'd get GR campers, and if all the neighboring ops are closed (which isn't inconceivable) the closest GR is at MB.

FlashFF
05-04-06, 09:06
Yeah, but you have to see it from a non-pvp point of view. I cant count the amount of times I've been attacked just passing through MB, by both allies and enemies. IMO, the guards there should fire at anyone that fires a weapon. A specific PVP area set aside would be better.

Koshinn
05-04-06, 09:16
Yeah, but you have to see it from a non-pvp point of view. I cant count the amount of times I've been attacked just passing through MB, by both allies and enemies. IMO, the guards there should fire at anyone that fires a weapon. A specific PVP area set aside would be better.

Yeah that would be nice. Maybe create a UG for the battledome zone, with like 5 different exits that go to different areas around the battledome so no one can camp them yet it allows people a safe way to gr into the area for the fight.

SorkZmok
05-04-06, 11:45
How about making the MB entrance a safezone, so people would actually fight outside MB?

On the other hand, droners would destroy all pvp then. Damn. :(

onero S
05-04-06, 13:19
How about making the MB entrance a safezone, so people would actually fight outside MB?

On the other hand, droners would destroy all pvp then. Damn. :(

how about fixing netcode so fighitng in small spaces works just fine.

Dogface
05-04-06, 15:33
Replacing walls with railings would (I think) remove the awful clipping shite that goes on. If the walls not there, what are they going to clip through?

[edit]

If the SL rules were changed so killing neutrals would be ok, I'd crush TD and his tank into the ground :)

I would probably get banned for griefing tbh :D

cRazy-
05-04-06, 18:32
Thats my point, people like toilet-duck who set out to ruin experiences and get away with it wont be allowed too anymore, theres lots of reasons including that why I think it should be braught back to the old SL rule.

And make the CM faction zone a safezone and put a GR, Gogo and citycom in and around the MB bunker tbh.

Dogface
05-04-06, 19:05
Ooh that's another thing, in P2 there's a citycom at the entrance to the leveling cellars, but at MB you have to run aaaaall the way back to the GR room just to get a mission that will be completed in half the amount of time it took to run and get it !

Kierz
05-04-06, 19:20
people pvp at mb cause you can zone in with si safely and you can quite easily save your ass from dying by zone whoring. mb is a horrible cramped place to fight, everyone clips thru the walls, the doors are a pain in the ass, but it's the only place like what i said above which is what people need.

really dying shouldn't be that much of a problem, if there was a poker at mb at all times and there would be if people actually tipped a decent amount (instead of less than 10k etc) and si not lasting as long.

however you'd need to remove ug's at ops or they would go on forever, maybe give longer waiting times between hacks, as it is from when you're alerted to when the op is taken can be as little as 3 mins, and getting ready + gr'ing to nearest op to run there takes a lot longer.

also lilt is right, safe zones absolutely suck, instead of having them just give us the twister guards (ai - give them whatever model you like) but don't give them plasma cannons (etc) as we know their problems.

Zheo
05-04-06, 19:40
Dont make life more difficult for trade skillers just make it possible to attack either city.

I dislike having people fighting on cm's doorstep the sooner KK do something about that the better :)

ashley watts
05-04-06, 20:30
BACK TO OLD SL RULEZZZ, the new ones totally suck balls ull allways get the smart ass nib to run infront of ya firing view and lose major SL and symp :mad:

Dogface
05-04-06, 22:32
There's been too many non le noobs running around trying to get themselves killed lately.

Toilet-Duck
05-04-06, 23:04
Cant agree with this to be honest you want to change the sl rules just in mb so you can pk whoever you like without losing soullight, if there is no one else around other than cm people for exmaple LPN are becoming a popular clan now and people have already started killing other city mercs outside who are clanned and simply trying to level with each other.

As someone has already stated if you dont like the current soullight rules at mb then pk elsewhere outside for example, they arent going to change the soullight rules for that particular zone just so you can go on a killing spree killing whoever you like :rolleyes: .

You also have to remember that the city merc HQ is directly downstairs, what if a trader is trying to complete missions, which he has to accept's the mission see's the HQ officer and then build the parts upstairs then comes back down to complete the mission he shouldnt have to genrep or have LE in because hes worried that on the way down back to HQ, someone might kill him because simply there is no other person downstairs to kill.

cRazy-
05-04-06, 23:25
This wouldnt be so much of a problem if people like you didnt purposely or accidently get hit then throw yourself down the shaft so people lose SL.

It also wouldnt be so much of a problem if people like you didnt DB people when they were fighting, or parashocking people when they were fighting, or trading people when they are almost dead when myself and anyone else cant do a thing about it or we end up losing soullight.

Its fucked up and im sure theres an alternative to how the current situation is.

Kame
05-04-06, 23:30
Another weird design by KK.

Why the fuck is CM HQ not a safe zone ??

Where the hell is the logic behind that one ???

I think everyone can agree that having the HQ as safezone would make sense, and in fact yes the staircase should be safe as well.
I think ppl camping with droners outside wouldnt cause more troubles then DRT for instance, and there is more guards near the sync line, and more open space to pvp.
Hell if all those useless rhinos and BS wouldnt be there maybe we could even have fights in the fenced off area on the left of the entreance.

Bredahl
05-04-06, 23:42
Just make a TD and other nib-CM-suidcide-fucking-looser-SL-killer -> killer ;) after lost a bit of SL (well alot..) because of CM SL-killers (plasma is easy to run infront of tbh), im now lomming a old PE to take care of em.. think it was bugs that did this first? but havent seen him there yet, so we need more SL-killer-killers IMO
and i know "just find another place to PvP" but its pretty much the ONLY place that u always can pick up a fight. cant be bothered walking around for hours looking for someone to "play" with TBH

take care :angel:

Toilet-Duck
05-04-06, 23:49
This wouldnt be so much of a problem if people like you didnt purposely or accidently get hit then throw yourself down the shaft so people lose SL.

It also wouldnt be so much of a problem if people like you didnt DB people when they were fighting, or parashocking people when they were fighting, or trading people when they are almost dead when myself and anyone else cant do a thing about it or we end up losing soullight.

Its fucked up and im sure theres an alternative to how the current situation is.

Sure I'll always db and para you dont see a problem with that though people have started making cm ppu's too to help pro/anticity.

I dont think Ive ever traded people before (a lame tactic) but they didnt make an option to disable trade for no reason :rolleyes: . I would suggest you disable trade when pvping anyway...

I really dont see how this would benefit you Crazy-, you seem to pk any city mercs anyway if there is no one else there to pk.

Dogface
06-04-06, 00:09
Of course you don't see a problem with using noob para spells and DB on people, it appears you don't have standards when it comes to right and wrong. I find it hard to believe you see trading people a lame tactic. Very hard to believe.

Is this really what you pay monthly for?

cRazy-
06-04-06, 00:17
Sure I'll always db and para you dont see a problem with that though people have started making cm ppu's too to help pro/anticity.

I dont think Ive ever traded people before (a lame tactic) but they didnt make an option to disable trade for no reason :rolleyes: . I would suggest you disable trade when pvping anyway...

I really dont see how this would benefit you Crazy-, you seem to pk any city mercs anyway if there is no one else there to pk.

err no, I never attack citymercs ever unless they shoot me, its not worth the soullight, the only Citymerc I PK is you for the reasons ive mentioned.

Kierz
06-04-06, 13:50
more open space to pvp.
Hell if all those useless rhinos and BS wouldnt be there maybe we could even have fights in the fenced off area on the left of the entreance.it's called zoneline fighting for a reason, even tho there's a nice big area to pvp in. people wouldn't leave the darkened area cause it would be too far from the zoneline.. shame