PDA

View Full Version : can ppl still noob buff?

amogo
04-04-06, 12:48
i might come back when i get some money its one of the things that fucked me off alot, can it still be done?/does it happen alot?

at times i would get tl3 heal/def/shelt on my ppu and things like conts boost 1 etc at op wars, almost as anoying as foreign cast psi sheild :(

Mr Kot
04-04-06, 13:03
At the moment that can still happen, although it is one of the things under review in the balancing forum (http://forum.neocron.com/forumdisplay.php?f=170).

Since the last patch, the whole noob buffing thing has become less productive anyway as all holy heals have been nerfed, making ppus more vulnerable.

Trilaac
16-04-06, 15:40
i don' know exactly what you mean by noob buffing, but i'd say since they did the last patch, PPUs were almost invulnerable.. i was using a TL3 heal with a group at El Farid, and we only died a few times, not i got a TL10 one, we almost can't die (unless we have too many attacking at once).

RusSki
16-04-06, 16:10
What? Are you totally insane?
TL 3 heal is so messed up its not even ok to slightly talk about it..... EVER.
But tl10? Yeah that works quite well. I dont think that'll stay the same

Trilaac
16-04-06, 16:16
of my 3 characters... i have never had a problem with a tl3 heal.. it's the only one my tank can use, and my pe also uses it. when others were complaining about bugs with them, i had no prolems at all... maybe i didn't notic, or maybe i coudn't see a prolem worthing complaining about?

solling
05-05-06, 11:05
maybee u havent played for a couple month one TL 3 heal u up 60 or so if ur luckey
its totally fooked up

Bugs Gunny
05-05-06, 12:20
I think everyon who says that a tl3 heal in the current state is keeping him alive in el farid is definitely expl..... the crap out of some funky stuff.

ZoVoS
05-05-06, 14:35
maby he means there was a group of them sancin??? a bunch of noobs all using a sanc would pritty much never die if the couppled it with a normal heal

or hes atacking one scorp at a time and not barreling the pits like ur suposed to

or he has full inq4 with 50 or so in fire or many other things such as anti fire drugs and so on

unreal
05-05-06, 15:20
Noob buffing is common practice and to be fair, it's common sense when a PPU is around. If you can't be bothered to rebuff yourself before someone else does then that's your own choice, you shouldn't whine about it.

In regards to noob SD, that's what antibuff and just pure timing is there for. Just because you're a PPU you shouldn't EXPECT your enemies to sit there and watch as you rebuff with holy SD, making you stronger, you'll be antibuffed if need be and nibsheltered. Most weapons have shelter related damage types, so Holy Deflector doesn't have too much of an effect as a whole, but a PPU really is awful if he gets nibsheltered AND nibdeflectored both at the same time.

You definitely won't be seeing Psi Shield cast on you, most people won't even carry it around as Shelter took its place.

Bugs Gunny
05-05-06, 15:35
PPUS who complain about antibuffing and noobsheltering should just go play some other class, or else refrain from all use of parashock and not have their fighters use antibuff either.

RogerRamjet
05-05-06, 17:58
PPUS who complain about antibuffing and noobsheltering should just go play some other class, or else refrain from all use of parashock and not have their fighters use antibuff either.

Or learn how to time buffs properly, or use a setup which means damage is reduced when noob buffed.