PDA

View Full Version : nc FREs - compared

BAMF
03-04-06, 22:50
Oblivion, the newest game out with the sexiest in-game graphics. here's some info on it:

Ill have to check that bloom deal, I dont think you can have it on with HDR (which is what ive got)... regardless, this thing likes to crash allllll the time and from what I read it might be related to this piece of shit soundblaster garbage.

so nc crashing every now & then doesnt look too bad now does it :p

Foo
03-04-06, 23:11
Oblivion, the newest game out with the sexiest in-game graphics. here's some info on it:

Considering that game has just come out and NC has been out for years and the fact NC is a MMO where they are patching some what regulary.

Then your statment looks abit well :rolleyes:

onero S
04-04-06, 02:26
I've played that game, crashes less than nc.....

Asurmen Spec Op
04-04-06, 04:03
Oblivion crashs, no program is bugless, NC may have a large share of bugs, of the annoying sort, but many games have alot too.
the longer a MMO lasts the harder it is to fix the bugs because the code gets bigger and bigger and more complex which means harder to fix etc.
Im not saying NC is awsome supper happy buggless, but even oblivion has bugs, Ive had to go fix a few quests with the TES kit already

Ryen
04-04-06, 14:53

Oblivion will get a patch that fixes it though before it's been out for 4+ years.

Asurmen Spec Op
04-04-06, 23:07
Oblivion will get a patch that fixes it though before it's been out for 4+ years.
all the bugs wont be fixed even in 4+ years

BAMF
07-04-06, 15:02
im just sayin nc has a very complex code and only FREs for me around 2-5 times throughout an entire day, is an ONLINE mmo, & over the years its been out has gotten a bit better with FREs. compared to a game that does have its own gfx engine, but is offline (non mmo) & crashes about the same ammnt of times, then yes Foo the statement looks well :rolleyes: :)

& lets face the facts, the FREs are no prob really, im back in-game in less than 10 secs after an FRE....most of u just have come to hate FREs because they'd happen at a very inconvenient time causing your char to die. Now if the crash caused an internal error and your pc had a take a few mins to unload the game & stabalize itself, reload explorer.exe etc, & take a few to load the game back up, then it'd be a hated issue.

(btw i doubt a memory leak is the major cause of these FREs, i have 2gbs dual channel, at LEAST 1,000 free mem all the time, & still FRE 2-5 times throughout the day)

Asurmen Spec Op
07-04-06, 23:59
FREs used to be pretty bad.

NAPPER
08-04-06, 10:43
tbh i think it all depends on your pc and what you use cos my mate fres a hell of a lot like at lest 20 times aday but i just fre like maybe once day not even that sometimes and his pc is better then mine