PDA

View Full Version : [Terra] Old subject : Anarchy Breed and trader faction

Tesee
31-03-06, 04:32
I know it has been discussed but I think KK should give back the ability to join AB ( with all factions as enemies) and should add a Trader faction (out of any city and being able to enter all cities, with special SL restrictions to prevent them from shooting everybody)

braydagner
31-03-06, 05:49
I agree, but, AB isnt enemy to everyone, they are neutral to BD and....crahn, i think. But then you gotta think, where would their start appy be? Maybe with TU, you get to choose, but AB...if you start in the dome, even, you have 3 enemies there...

Maybe empty out the canyon and make AB start there?

Bugs Gunny
31-03-06, 07:05
I think it should be but for ab you will need all enemy symps at -90 or lower and for trader union all should be 50+.
Then there has to be some quest you have to do.

Also these factions should be controled by an egm, who will kick people that don't act like they should in the faction. (random griefers going ab).

Tesee
31-03-06, 13:58
for AB or Trader Union I was thinking about a special zone for their HQ

Like a smuggler village for the trader and a hidden cave for AB

sanityislost
31-03-06, 14:27
TD should start in TH, since it is ment to be the trade center of Neocron 2
it also has plently of leveling areas for low level runners.

AB i think should start at one of the random villages in the wastelands, would be
also kinda cool if they could go into DoY and NC but if they have neg FS or have
a weapon out the Faction Guards or Copbots/DoY Guards attack.

It would also be nice for them to have a small outdoor base some where in the wastelands.

SiL ..:..

cRazy-
31-03-06, 14:31
You shouldnt be able to start as anarchy breed with a new char, just move there with a high level and experienced character.

Spermy
31-03-06, 15:48
You shouldnt be able to start as anarchy breed with a new char, just move there with a high level and experienced character.

/Agree, and no sympathy requirement, just an epic style run, after which symps will be set to required levels. That way the tricky issue of sorting symps without screwing up SL is bypassed( I Don't agree that just because you're an anarchist you should have neg SL, due to belt dropping and hack issues.).

Getting out of anarchy, depending on the Sympathies, could be something of an issue, unless the faction specific sympathy missions are given a tune up.

As for trader union, again, I think an epic run, the benfits, and downside to trader union is possibly nuetrality to all... PK paradise you say? Not with an LE (Yes, I know there's inherent issues there). Trader union sets all symps to say 10, and therefore can act as an intermediary between cities, for faction hops, open trade etc etc.

I believe neither of these factions should hold OPs.

ZoVoS
01-04-06, 04:02
how about a 75 simp requierment on all fractions to join Trade Union and a epic run

and for AB your SL and SIMP is reset to -100 for EVERYTHING then you are booted from your fraction. and then you have to run a long ass mission to win the AB's trust

then your simp n sl are all reset to 0 and you start fresh

at any time you can chose to bottle it and quit the mission and your simps are returned everything 5 points lower that it was

braydagner
01-04-06, 06:59
how about a 75 simp requierment on all fractions to join Trade Union and a epic run
Well, TU would most likely be for tradeskillers...and how are tradeskillers going to get 75 symp in every faction when their only skill is running res/cst missions?

Cadgar
01-04-06, 07:19
No Ab will survive in MY Canyon !

Dogface
02-04-06, 15:44
Remember anarchy isn't about mayhem and destruction, it's about having no rules in society.

Which *tends* to lead to this but nevermind that :p

Mr Kot
02-04-06, 17:53
I agree, but, AB isnt enemy to everyone, they are neutral to BD and....crahn, i think. But then you gotta think, where would their start appy be? Maybe with TU, you get to choose, but AB...if you start in the dome, even, you have 3 enemies there...

Maybe empty out the canyon and make AB start there?
In the old NC1 manual, when AB was designed to be a playable starter faction, it said that "players who choose this faction will have their starter apartment in the outzone". This is quite feasable as the outzone was also where old Crahn runners used to be (i remember it well - very draughty it was too 8| ) and if such thing as an anarchy breed clan would exist, we would get to see the outzone clan apartment again, just like the NC1 crahn clanapp. Of course, it wouldn't be safe to approach the subway or other "civilisation" but they could lurk around the outzone to their hearts content and sneak out via Outzone 8 or 9 if they want to leave the city and cause mayhem elsewhere. It would make sense to patch in some more apartments that use the (currently) dummy appt doors in outzone 3. This way, they have easy access to oz9 and via there to the outside world.

As for the dome, they could enter there with ease. The only dome faction they are hostile to is the Crahn Sect. NC and MB are no-go though.

Trader Union would not be feasible right now as you don't see wasteland traders getting attacked by mobs. In fact, they will attack you if you hurt nearby mobs, so having runners allied to mobs isn't a good idea; it would give too much of an advantage.

Rage
03-04-06, 07:08
Has anyone ever done a AB symp run o_O i almost took a mission one time.. meet some dude in the wastland... i think it was a package run

braydagner
04-04-06, 00:05
Trader Union would not be feasible right now as you don't see wasteland traders getting attacked by mobs. In fact, they will attack you if you hurt nearby mobs, so having runners allied to mobs isn't a good idea; it would give too much of an advantage.
Make something for those runners...maybe an implant that allows them to be in trader union, that also does -200 to every attack stat (P-C, M-C, APU, PPU, etc...)

I know, it takes away from a valuable implant slot...maybe make it just a overall thing about them then.

Tesee
10-04-06, 12:53
it would be more fun for AB to have HQ in wasteland,

I vote for a place like the juggernaut cave AB camp
something like that...
with some underground places...

zii
08-05-06, 05:28
AB is neautral to TS/FA/TG and red to everyone else. Crahn are not their friends, which makes running around the TG canyon a little haphazardous sometimes when those Crahn guards zap me :( boo bloody hoo.

I think that AB membership should be though special quests, which can only be started when certain criterium has been met such as rank or negative/positive sympth with certain other factions, or invite only as it was before on pandore/venus. The quests, or requirements to start the quest, could be once only runs. If runner A starts the quest, and completes it, then the quest is marked unavailabled to other runners. Another quest is later made available. This ought to keep AB numbers at bay. However, this may be asking too much!

Bugs Gunny
08-05-06, 09:15
I think you should be able to go AB, but then NEVER be able to leave it.
That would make people think twice about joining it.

Also, how about KK finaly either make AB available to everyone or FIX the people that transfered from pandora after you moved the AB to CM or CA.
I still have the tags of a guy called yourouba who is in AB, he still is AB. GM's claimed they would fix him 5 months ago.

In fact, do GM's still log on the server? As on an average weekday the ticketline is 5-7 and it stay that way untill the evening.

Jipz
08-05-06, 12:22
no TB, no kami, no spirit, no larent mods, no AB

KK why do you wipe everthing?

solid-rock
08-05-06, 12:58
How exactly did AB work on pandora? Did they even have a faction HQ?

Bugs Gunny
08-05-06, 15:23
Well, i was interogating this yourouba guy about it in pepper park, all he kept saying was i had to speak to ziggy night.
But it all didn't make sense to me so in the end i just killed him.

Jipz
08-05-06, 16:50
Well, i was interogating this yourouba guy about it in pepper park, all he kept saying was i had to speak to ziggy night.
But it all didn't make sense to me so in the end i just killed him.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

zii
09-05-06, 00:58
There was no faction HQ, and as a result no access to hacknet because you start in the faction's HQ when you zone in.

After joining AB on pandore you were not allowed to join again. If you left you were never allowed back.'

No epic either, so no Woc.

solid-rock
09-05-06, 09:25
Hmm kinda amazed anyone bothered with it then. Then again they where all french.

Bugs Gunny
09-05-06, 10:47
I'd love to be anarchy breed.
It's the perfect faction for my buddies and me to roleplay.

yavimaya
09-05-06, 11:42
Has anyone ever done a AB symp run o_O i almost took a mission one time.. meet some dude in the wastland... i think it was a package run

Back in NC1, i forget where i got the missions, but i ran heaps, thinking one day i could be in AB :(
I had like 70-80 AB symp if i remember right.