PDA

View Full Version : Xbow is the next Neocron disaster

cRazy-
30-03-06, 19:38
Firstly, it does too much damage, for that matter the exec/slasher and xbow do too much for a PE. Now fair enough it requires woc, its rare..well thats my next point.

Due to recent activites the game is now flooded with woc discs and inturn woc PE's, about 1/2, 1/3 of every PE I encounter uses an Xbow. Coupled with a DB it does almost as much damage to me as an APU or APU hybrid (I take about the same amount of shots), and since im using a Judge, its even if I fire into his face at point blank range while standing still, I wouldnt be able to get him past half health without me dying first.

Granted exec/slasher etc are going to be removed from PE's eventually, I see more xbow PE's then slasher or exec PE's these days.

I dont mind if theres a super rare more powerful weapon, but theres far too many PE's and spies with them now, and tbh if recent problems hadnt come about I dont think we would have this problem.

landofcake
30-03-06, 19:52
It still takes ages to get to WoC on a PE though iirc, unless anything has changed.

cRazy-
30-03-06, 19:58
It does but thats easy if you have a slight amount of patience, its not hard or a challenge its just repetitive.

Plus when you get your hands on a woc disc its hard to stop yourself trying to get the exp, ecspecially when people know the kind of weapon you end up with.

landofcake
30-03-06, 19:59
How long do you reckon it takes ?

NONpk
30-03-06, 20:00
reduce xbow frequency and boost tanks harhar and all problems will be solved :lol:

cRazy-
30-03-06, 20:00
I got too 200mill in a week and a half, so about 2 weeks for the 260mill exp total.

landofcake
30-03-06, 20:08
Not bad, i seem to remember thinking i couldn't be bothered because i realised how long it would take ...

J J
30-03-06, 20:09
Cue the usual brigade charging in....... ;)

RogerRamjet
30-03-06, 20:31
j00 n33d to get t3h skillz0rs roffolflflfoflfllffllflf.

nobby
30-03-06, 20:50
If you can't beat em- Join em!

Or just stealth and run away!

simple!

SorkZmok
30-03-06, 21:05
The xbow is overpowered because of the defense a PE using it can obtain. That's it. Not the gun itself. I hardly have any problems beating xbow users on my hc tank. It's just an exec with a bigger clip. And easier to use/cap. There's the only problem.

-FN-
30-03-06, 21:20
They're all slot-less (I think) - it should just be a TL 115 or 120 weapon instead of TL 100. Make it harder to cap and it won't be so bad.

cRazy-
30-03-06, 22:00
The xbow is overpowered because of the defense a PE using it can obtain. That's it. Not the gun itself. I hardly have any problems beating xbow users on my hc tank. It's just an exec with a bigger clip. And easier to use/cap. There's the only problem.

That is the problem, its the same as the exec which is also just as overpowered as the xbow, and my original point is, when the changes come and the exec and slasher cant be used by PE's, the xbow will remain, and too many PE's are using it.

RogerRamjet
30-03-06, 22:06
And too many spies arent.

giga191
30-03-06, 22:07
Yeh fucking woc1 PEs tbh

Mr Kot
30-03-06, 22:08
I got too 200mill in a week and a half, so about 2 weeks for the 260mill exp total.doing what?

cRazy-
30-03-06, 22:11
Nice one Zeltarg ¬_¬

Mr kot, droning in regents and various other places.

J J
31-03-06, 00:16
Yeh fucking woc1 PEs tbh

hehe someone has way, way too much free time ;) Congratulations though I guess :cool:

Dogface
31-03-06, 00:53
I must say I've noticed a massive increase of xbow pes...

kurai
31-03-06, 01:09
And Xbow spies too.

They used to stick with Slasher, but since *ahem* `that thing that happened` there's suddenly an awful lot of PC spies running around with WOC capability now.

Dogface
31-03-06, 02:24
My concern exactly Kurai.

crapv4
31-03-06, 05:15
wouldnt it be easier to get woc 2 from woc 1 then to woc 1 in the first place,since its only like 100mil more xp? :D

kurai
31-03-06, 08:59
Sort of - assuming you count in the time it took to reach the standard (counting towards skill stats) 160m cap in the first place.

It's 150m additional from WOC 1 to get to WOC 2.

i.e.

WOC1 = 160m (cap) + 100m (extra) = 260m (total)

WOC2 = 160m (cap) + 250m (extra) = 410m (total)

jini
31-03-06, 09:12
Crossbow PEs are indeed powerfulll, but it's not the weapon that will kill neocron. The crossbow PE atm is the answer to the monk zergs and makes one of the best OP fighters, as most will agree. Unfortunatelly we need something new soon, because atm if you haven't noticed it, its just 3 clans outhere giving OP wars (love, DR, ff) and I think R2K on Saturdays/Weekends. Where is AD? Where is Pro? We can't just attack a single clan ALL the time. Low Pops are killing neocron and not a Gun

Bugs Gunny
31-03-06, 09:18
I don't get this thing with the xbow, slasher is way more powerfull, all i'm losing is 50 health by reimping, and yes, i cap my slasher.
Also, i find slasher easier to aim.

I'm 60 mill off woc2 level. I found a way where i'll get more xp than in gravis.
I solo the place where i level with a pistol, one drug and tl10 heal.
6 mil xp an hour with xbow, even more with exec.

jini
31-03-06, 09:40
The only secret of the crossbow is that it's VERY powerfull against monks. That's it. It's also very good on others, but i prefer it 3 times over a slasher, as it does presents benefits. For a sterile duel in a setup with low lag/high fps maybe the slasher is better. But in OP wars where you get lots of lag and the current magazine of the xbow >> slasher, and Im not detailing other benefits you get like better defenses, low TL, higher PSU, no PA setups and the like. But I'm only focusing ini OP wars. cRazy, try making a slasher setup and drop the judge. Slasher is still ubar and, since you dont want to participate in OP wars you ll fiind it very good

eLcHi
31-03-06, 10:38
I want an Xbow too

Anyone wanna sell me the exp i need ? *G*

Bugs Gunny
31-03-06, 10:43
No, but i'll sell you the green dragon you need to level the xp :-)

Stack of 249 will get you from cap to woc 1.

cRazy-
31-03-06, 12:02
I don't get this thing with the xbow, slasher is way more powerfull, all i'm losing is 50 health by reimping, and yes, i cap my slasher.

My point is, slasher and exec PEs will be eventually removed, xbow PE's wont be by the looks of it, which I wouldnt mind if woc was how it was supposed to be, a rare skill which took a lot of effort, now every other PE I come across is xbow.

Im not gonna bother going to Slasher, I kill enough people with my Judge. Plus when the changes come Id have to revert back to the Judge or a lower TL weapon anyway (according to what ive heard).

Bugs Gunny
31-03-06, 12:22
Weapons mean nothing anymore when you look at ballancing it's all getting changed.

John Wu
31-03-06, 12:59
the only thing that makes xbow that strong is the better resist setup/health you can get and the huge magazine. having to reload three times as much _is_ quite a big disadvantage.

xbow is not as overpowered as some people believe. a dex requirement of 113 or whatever and a smaller magazine (in line with the other pistols) would be enough to balance it (for the actual balance as it is now, not talking about the rebalancing).

Bugs Gunny
31-03-06, 13:11
The only real advantage is the large clip.
But honestly, the gun that's realy overpowered out of the whole line is the judge.

giga191
31-03-06, 13:14
It's too easy to aim, that's the main problem.

cRazy-
31-03-06, 13:15
I am 5x easier with the xbow then with the Judge, plus the xbow does much more damage and exploits more damage types.

Bugs Gunny
31-03-06, 13:18
Exploiting dammagetypes?
You must be joking....

cRazy-
31-03-06, 13:55
Exploiting dammagetypes?
You must be joking....

Doesnt it do 3 types of damage?

Two of which are my weakest resists minus poison which doesnt help.

giga191
31-03-06, 14:00
The only arguement for not nerfing it in some way is that it's good for killing monks :lol:

Bugs Gunny
31-03-06, 14:02
Crazy, you're a pe with weak xray and force???? My god.....

cRazy-
31-03-06, 14:10
Crazy, you're a pe with weak xray and force???? My god.....

I gimped force resist to cap my bat :p

And my xray isnt weak as such, but I have more energy and fire resist.

Either way, it does hurt a lot, even if it hurts as much as the exec, which is also too powerful for PE's tbh, same with slasher which is my original point.

Bugs Gunny
31-03-06, 14:15
Who said pes are going to keep the xbow?

cRazy-
31-03-06, 14:20
Who said pes are going to keep the xbow?

No one, no one said they would lose it either, but if they aint gonna keep the xbow or its going to be changed to be made more balanced, then im happy.

jini
31-03-06, 14:40
Guys, let's just forget about the upcoming changes at all and focus on what we have at hand. It's just stupid to predict what will happen in the future, based on what we have now. In the future, apu/ppu teams wont be unkillable, therefore there's no need for the crossbow either

The judge is not an overpowered pistol. It is a veery good pistol, which if used correct can kill easily. But in OP wars it just suck

cRazy-
31-03-06, 14:56
With the Judge, unless im hitting constant shots (not every single shot, just a continuous average hit rate) then im fucked in an OP war, plus with the tl10 heal how it is, the few times in a row I might miss gives anyone the chance to undo half the damage ive just delt.

This is in an OP situation I might add.

jini
31-03-06, 15:01
Use a slasher you nib... and Join our clan baaaah :p

Bugs Gunny
31-03-06, 15:04
You say it sucks in opwars, i say it doesn't.

jini
31-03-06, 15:17
You say it sucks in opwars, i say it doesn't.
it sucks, it doesnt do too much dmg over time and it needs huge effort, just like crazy says, I have experienced the same thing. And you definitely need DB to use it

Bugs Gunny
31-03-06, 15:25
I'll use it, you watch me you wee crab lovers you....

jini
31-03-06, 15:33
you will lose your time

Bugs Gunny
31-03-06, 15:46
No jini, because you are going to log on ppu and stick on me like glue you greek god of ppu loving :D

RusSki
31-03-06, 16:45
Why does so many ppl think that because of the coming balancing work which is going to change pretty much everything, most likely including the maximum damage that each and every weapon deals, that ofc the xbw isnt going to be changed at all.

All i see is narrow minded, short sighted ppl bitching about a weapon they cant be arsed to get themselves.

Also u say remove it because there are so many ppl who can use xbow since the recent balls up by kk regarding the drop rate of the woc disc's. Well why didnt they just delete the woc disc's because for the way ppl talk it sound like it wasnt just a handful more than normal that dropped from mobs?
Why should the ppl who did obtain their woc disc in a fair way be punished just because crazy dont like it?

Nerf it.. thats fine. But ffs dont take it away from the ppl who really did earn it.
It a weapon that makes pe's viable at op wars. Now is that such a bad thing?

giga191
31-03-06, 19:17
I'd trade xbow for a radar or stealth seeing ability anyday

FlashFF
31-03-06, 19:40
My tank actually got shot by an xbox yesterday and it hurt a LOT. Granted, I was healing up from a Percy and a Chaser, but still... Seemed to hurt a lot. My only real issue though, is that aren't the rest of the WoC Items either non-existant or very, VERY crap? (I've been away for a long while)

SorkZmok
31-03-06, 19:45
My tank actually got shot by an xbox yesterday and it hurt a LOT. Granted, I was healing up from a Percy and a Chaser, but still... Seemed to hurt a lot. My only real issue though, is that aren't the rest of the WoC Items either non-existant or very, VERY crap? (I've been away for a long while)It doesn't hurt a LOT. It hurts a lot if you got a bad con setup. But if you got your xray resists sorted, it's pretty much in line with the other pistols.

At least i don't consider less than 40 a hit a LOT. And if you haven't got anti db drugs on you, that's your own fault, cause then even a TL 88 Earp will do a LOT. :rolleyes:

It's just the clipsize and setup possible that makes it seem overpowered.

Clive tombstone
31-03-06, 20:07
I know this idea might sound like corn, but hear me out.

Why not make some new WoC's that are class only? I wouldnt know who keeps the xbow (maybe PE's since they have the majority of users). But maybe weapons for respective weapons classes as well for each class. If I recall, PE's and Tanks both get the str WoC. There is now a "melee weapon" available for both of them. Maybe 3 more weapons should be introduced (2 cannons, one for the PE and tank, and one "melee" (something less powerfull for the PE's, maybe a Vibro butterknife or somethin =P)

for dex, maybe since PE's and Spy's share that catigory, maybe for the weapons, PE's keep the xbow, and the Car47 (weapons wise), And the Spy's Keep the Barreta or whatever that thing is (it would be respectivly brought up to power of course), And the spies would get a new rifle as well (more powerfull than the XBow hopefully).

For monks I cant really thhink of some respective balance except that they get something that helps a bit and doesnt bring this whole balancing thing full circle in this conversation =P.

And constitution? New armor maybe? or maybe a riot shield? :D

I know that WoC was originally intended to be a "Set of items not intended for influence in PVP battles" but it seems to sliding that way, I guess thats why Im leaning on my opinion right now.]

PEace out

giga191
31-03-06, 20:41
@ 40 dmg per shot an average PE would die in 7.2 seconds if they hit every shot (which is not very hard with xbow)

cRazy-
01-04-06, 01:09
Why does so many ppl think that because of the coming balancing work which is going to change pretty much everything, most likely including the maximum damage that each and every weapon deals, that ofc the xbw isnt going to be changed at all.

All i see is narrow minded, short sighted ppl bitching about a weapon they cant be arsed to get themselves.

Also u say remove it because there are so many ppl who can use xbow since the recent balls up by kk regarding the drop rate of the woc disc's. Well why didnt they just delete the woc disc's because for the way ppl talk it sound like it wasnt just a handful more than normal that dropped from mobs?
Why should the ppl who did obtain their woc disc in a fair way be punished just because crazy dont like it?

Nerf it.. thats fine. But ffs dont take it away from the ppl who really did earn it.

Russki, I will give you £1,000,000 cash if you show me the part of this thread where I explicitly said I wanted WoC discs/xbows removed.

Im not complaining about whats inevitably going to happen, because I dont know, im just addressing the issue based on what I know now, think of it as creating awareness, and just getting something off my chest after I keep getting kicked to shit by xbows.

Apocalypsox
01-04-06, 03:34
Tbhz0rz the Xbow isnt a neocron disaster, the only disaster is its basically the only class (pistol) that currently has a PvP useable wep

ZoVoS
01-04-06, 03:42
my tank has capped energy and xray (over capped to tell the truth) but like absolutly no fire whatsoever

=] its suprising how well my con setup stand up since mostly all that i get hit with is
pericing/force weapons
xbow's xray o death
or a holylightnin

:) i was atacked by a poison modded dev. nearly shat my self and ran for the nearest zone line ;) change into vk armour n i was set =]. if im ever realy caught out i change my armour set up. my character is built for tunneling

fire modded weapons though make me cry =]

LiL T
01-04-06, 06:41
Doesnt it do 3 types of damage?

Two of which are my weakest resists minus poison which doesnt help.

Makes no difference mate, balanced resists 4tw 125/125/125 or what ever you wish... I'm getting pretty f**king sick of the crys for nerf for this weapon, it does like 2 points more damage than an Executioner.

Yes is has bigger clip, yes it does 2 points more damage per hit and yes its uber but it is a WOC item which some have spent a lot of time getting. Remove those bonuses then whats the f**king point in grinding for WOC eh ? Just wait people just wait, I'll be the first to cry for a nerf when tank WOC cannons or monk uber death lighting WOC is added to the game...

Cos thing is the people who are kiling you with them, will most likely be able to kill you on any class in the game and with any weapon. It is YOU, it is because you SUCK.

giga191
01-04-06, 09:11
I want PE anti buff woc not some overpowered pistol :(

Also, make a blood red WoC 2 PA plz :D

cRazy-
01-04-06, 09:28
Makes no difference mate, balanced resists 4tw 125/125/125 or what ever you wish... I'm getting pretty f**king sick of the crys for nerf for this weapon, it does like 2 points more damage than an Executioner.

Yes is has bigger clip, yes it does 2 points more damage per hit and yes its uber but it is a WOC item which some have spent a lot of time getting. Remove those bonuses then whats the f**king point in grinding for WOC eh ? Just wait people just wait, I'll be the first to cry for a nerf when tank WOC cannons or monk uber death lighting WOC is added to the game...

Cos thing is the people who are kiling you with them, will most likely be able to kill you on any class in the game and with any weapon. It is YOU, it is because you SUCK.

LiL T yet again you have messed the entire point of the thread, go and read back through it again.

Dogface
01-04-06, 14:15
I want PE anti buff woc not some overpowered pistol :(

Also, make a blood red WoC 2 PA plz :D

Bring back the fucking black PA alongside camo PA, that's the reason I made a PE for Christs sake !

Rage
01-04-06, 15:00

aw man thats true... someone who fought hard to get 260mil xp total and either give aways his life saving literally or grind it out to get a disk at ceres lab deserve some kind of metal of honor... i'd feel bad for the ppl that did that and they just took it away...

wooo picture grinding for 2 months straight for minimum sleep lol... then KK data jus goes currupt.. e-mailing you and talking about.. oops... 60 day roll back. sorry

man they lucky its not a CD cause i'd probably toss that mf lol right against a brick wall and just be like man f** that shyt. go find Jedi Knights and relax

And I dont know.. Slasher seems more over powered to me.. and most Spies can cap'd that pretty quick - lil decent setup. that gun hella crazy man

giga191
01-04-06, 16:03
Bring back the fucking black PA alongside camo PA The black PA is still here

:confused:

Dogface
01-04-06, 16:30
Where?!

I was told it was removed 8|

And I don't see people using it.

giga191
01-04-06, 16:35
You've probably got a bugged client that doesn't apply the colour filter and it just looks like grey.

Dogface
01-04-06, 16:37
Well, I stopped noticing them when 2.1 came out.. Anyway to fix this?

giga191
01-04-06, 18:00
Get a permanent marker and your monitor and...

Dogface
01-04-06, 18:03
Where to I send an email to for an attempt at a fix for this?

giga191
01-04-06, 20:01
i wonder how all the after dark PEs suddenly all got xbows...

LiL T
02-04-06, 03:50
LiL T yet again you have messed the entire point of the thread, go and read back through it again.

Nope

As read it looked like this "whine whine whine whine omg BOOHOO"

Can i be bothered to get an XBOW ? NO

Do i cry about it ? NO

jini
02-04-06, 07:41
i wonder how all the after dark PEs suddenly all got xbows...
I dont mind at all tbh. At least this will stop the monkocron for a while

Koshinn
02-04-06, 11:10
Nope

As read it looked like this "whine whine whine whine omg BOOHOO"

Can i be bothered to get an XBOW ? NO

Do i cry about it ? NO

Do you still play ? NO

Yeah, how did all the afterdark PEs get xbows? TBH I'd rather fight an APU hybrid than a druggy PE with an Xbow.

giga191
02-04-06, 11:20
Yeah, how did all the afterdark PEs get xbows? It's a bit of a mystery since there seems to be an increase in people xbows after the labs were closed :confused:

Edgar
02-04-06, 11:31
Just remove all these fkin rare guns already and put Neocron back to Beta4!

Koshinn
02-04-06, 13:47
It's a bit of a mystery since there seems to be an increase in people xbows after the labs were closed :confused:

Yeah...

Then again they could've had discs for a while and been leveling for a long time, only to finish right about now. But that's stil... weird.

Dogface
02-04-06, 13:56
Just remove all these fkin rare guns already and put Neocron back to Beta4!

What are you trying to suggest?! Are you mad!?

But yeah, I'm not accusing anyone of any... ;) ... But it is rather strange o_O

I would rather fight an xbow PE anyday over and APU hybrid..