PDA

View Full Version : mc5

BAMF
29-03-06, 15:47
I recently got a co-worker to try out neocron and whenhe gave me his login & pass to get em lvld some, out of the sewer etc. ...he was at mc5 with an inv full of junk, across the zone from the GR...From just that & seeing as how he was seeing absolutely nobody else besides one person (also he didn't know how to talk on trade), he hasn't played it since and the trial expired :(

Maybe there should be arrows and flashy lights on the GR building saying "TO CITY". cause honestly? The 1st impression is what's going to keep a newbie playing the game, & seriously I'm glad I didn't have to start at Mc5 during beta4 8| . in my HONEST OPINION: the starting place should be set to some place in the city.

For example, when you start a fresh character in Lineage II, before you even see a mob you walk through the main city of your char to get to the mobs, passing through tons of people. At mc5 there's nobody. Not a very welcoming impression really :(

my 2 cents

unreal
29-03-06, 16:41
Yeah, I've thought the same thing. Back during nc2 beta it was full of random newbies running around. Back then I thought mc5 was actually part of the real neocron world, and was thinking "cool". lol

But today mc5 is usually empty, mostly because of the lack of new customers flocking in, and most of the new people would run around aimlessly. I think some sort of marketting plan has to take place again... either another couple of weeks more time, or something else that will catch peoples attention.

Would be a good idea to let them know they're in a newbie area (testing/rehabilitation facility) rather than the real Neocron world.

Bugs Gunny
29-03-06, 16:44
Oh man, before NC2 was released everybody said make the starting point the cities, but no KK insisted on using mc5, which is a plain boring place.
People should be thrown into the cities, in their appartements and when they zone down the elevators they should get an automatic navray for plaza and doy central

joran420
29-03-06, 20:58
hehe when you start and come out of the MC5 building there is a big flashing sign and a popup(afaik) that tells them how to get to the city via the GR(and even talks about how you have barely enough to GR to start so you might wanna explore the newbie area and make some money)

Zheo
29-03-06, 22:13
How about KK hire a real person to sit in mc5 all day and take care of noobies? OR they create a Introduction that is basically MC5 but with pop ups and people saying ok now if you go here and do this, you'll see this and this will happen.

Once they've completed that intro they can play the game and see mc5 again but know if they use the genrep which they now know where it is they can get to the city. This also shows them all the windows and how to use each one, how to access trade and forums and missions?

That actually sounds really smart...no wonder people like us have to think of it for KK :D

joran420
29-03-06, 22:23
but there are pop ups and flashing lights in MC5

but it would be nice if the tutorial taught them a lil about the comm interface...but no one really pays attn to the tutorial anyway they just wanna jump right into combat

Ryen
30-03-06, 01:50
Yeah, I've thought the same thing. Back during nc2 beta it was full of random newbies running around. Back then I thought mc5 was actually part of the real neocron world, and was thinking "cool". lol

But today mc5 is usually empty, mostly because of the lack of new customers flocking in, and most of the new people would run around aimlessly. I think some sort of marketting plan has to take place again... either another couple of weeks more time, or something else that will catch peoples attention.

Would be a good idea to let them know they're in a newbie area (testing/rehabilitation facility) rather than the real Neocron world.

Why? Nothing has changed. It would be a waste of money.

Come release of 2.2, however, they should start marketing.

unreal
30-03-06, 05:22
It's not hard to submit a bit of information to gaming sites, and possibly offer a bit of free time to the expired Neocron 2 customers while the balancing is going on (considering all the *beep* ups that are going to take place and HAVE taken place on the retail servers trying to get it working and functional).

Unlike other MMORPG's that are generally flocking with newcomers, their newbie areas are usually helpful, and full of people willing to help you on your way. They generally aren't separated from the rest of the game and well, are pretty minimalistic to say the least. But then again, that describes most of Neocron. :rolleyes:

In Neocron the things that drastically affect the amount of customers (ie, server population), the gameplay, and the storyline/role playing are usually ignored. This is one of the more important ones.

The place where newbies start off should be, well, pretty much what was said up there. MMORPG's are mostly about interaction, otherwise you would just stick to playing single player games rather than multiplayer ones.

If a new potential customer runs along to the newbie mc5 area and finds noone there, has no clue what to do because the NPC's are pretty much useless, especially the skill advisors which generally go ignored until you get mail spam, what is he going to do? Probably log off or run around aimlessly until he eventually finds out where he should be going.

I think some good changes could be made to the mc5 area, one of them being having it moved into the "real world" instead of being isolated. It could be some sort of underground facility in the middle of a sector somewhere, I would have to pick one of the J sectors because it's the most "inbetween" of each of the three main (NC, DoY, CM) alliances. J06 sounds about right.

This sector could have walls/trees/barriers round the outside, with only small gaps for runners to get through, so that one of the more nicer things to show newbies, transport vehicles that require no VHC skill to drive, and would automatically be respawned and a total of n vehicles allowed in the sector, can't get through the walls. There would obviously have to be some interesting security rules here. Such as non-LE'd runners are unable to draw weapons. Not sure if this is possible at the moment, but it shouldn't be hard to do. This would mean people would be able to randomly drive around the sector in Quads, Hovertecs, Chaincraft, etc, while having a lot of fun.

Too many things to mention at the moment though, I have to go to work. :mad:

BAMF
31-03-06, 18:08
same co-worker also just asked why there wasnt any boss mob & was just a buncha mutants

wasnt there a thread a while back on newbie lvl boss mob places?...

like i said 1st impression & experience is what decides whether someone stays or quits. u CANNOT say "its all about the end-game man" cuz they aint gunna lvl for weeks & weeks not liking the noobie lvl experience.

hehe when you start and come out of the MC5 building there is a big flashing sign and a popup(afaik) that tells them how to get to the city via the GR(and even talks about how you have barely enough to GR to start so you might wanna explore the newbie area and make some money)

i dont know about other people, but I dont want to have an entire conversation with an NPC just to find out where I should go.

& make money? u have 1,500 starting off, ud be lucky to make 500 in an hour

but there are pop ups and flashing lights in MC5

but it would be nice if the tutorial taught them a lil about the comm interface...but no one really pays attn to the tutorial anyway they just wanna jump right into combat

& there are none on the GR building, nor does someone know they have to go to a GENREP to teleport somewhere. cuz again, nobody wants to read for info. I recently started out in D&D online, only reading ive done is on my spells and to get quest. NC is a complex game, it needs to NOT be complicated to newbies

imho nc has always been about end-game experience, that needs to change. Newbie lvl range boss mob lvl areas need to be implemented (with so many mutants everywhere dont u think there would be a boss somewhere?...) make it exciting, dont make a newbie lvl wep sound like a fukin nailgun with less pressure Q_Q Armor needs to change your appearance. KK u gotta do what sells if ur gunna try to sell and market this game. & right now your outer appearance in an mmo is a BIG THING whether you want to believe it or not. in other words yea, new models etc for the new outer appearance for armor. possibly a green aura for someone wearing a med/hvy poison belt etc, & same with fire armor and enr. OUTER appearance & making the newbie experience much more simple and exciting imho is what needs to be #1 on the to do list, or this game is just going to die off again, like it already is, & 2.2 isnt gunna change nething except a small ammnt of ppl reactivating for a month to try it out.

unreal
31-03-06, 18:44
Couldn't agree more. That's why I think the newbie mc5 area shouldn't be isolated as it is now. The problem is where would it go if it was moved to the real world map? I thought the best place would be in the middle of a J sector somewhere. There's lots of those newbie marsh hippos and stuff around. As a newbie, pretty much noone would spend time killing those things in a sector such as that. It's rare you see newbies in places other than the ones high level characters would tell them to go.

Level 1 or 2 sewer, or in most cases, straight to Aggressors --> J01 to kill Cyclops Launchers --> Warbots for a while or just El Farid depending on your class --> Caves of some sort.

I would typically never see people at the places where I levelled my spy during NC2 beta. Jeriko Fortress used to be the home of newbies back then. You get a bunch of mutants near the hill, and 1 or 2 Cyclops Launchers would spawn for you to kill. It wasn't so much about "oh go here, kill these, you get way faster xp with the other 10 million people that have been told to do the same thing", it was more about having fun.

I remember walking towards Regant Fortress, shitting myself when seeing all sorts of weird things shooting my newbie runner, then finding how cool (at the time) Regant Fortress was. Where you could stand on the hill just NW of the OP and snipe down on them with your rifle.

I think the spawns like that need to be made better, to encourage people to actually use them again.

I kinda went off track a little bit there, but anyway... I really agree that there should be MORE clothing/stuff like sunglasses people talked about being in NC1. There's an NPC in one of the G sectors (I think it's actually in the corner of the Gab Mine sector) that has cool blue Morpheus-like shades. It gets pretty tiresome when you see the same repetitive characters over, and over, and over again. It would be better to have a huge range of clothing, no matter how copied or slightly tweaked it is to the ones already used in-game. The main thing here is to be able to be distinguish between runners. Most other MMORPG's I come across have clothing which would work the same way as you would wear armour in Neocron, you can just slap boots on, gloves, helmet, shades, etc.

Imagine if Neocron was like that. You kill someone because you like their clothes, and hope they drop it in a belt (depends on the price though. lol).

Riddle
03-04-06, 11:29
I leveled to LV12 in MC5 !!! why>?? because i didn't realise i could get out!!!

Some noob char told me about the genrep to escape and why i was so slow (My inventory full of shit and slightly impeaded :lol: ) later turned out he had a capped char and had rolled another, Lucky for me tbh.

Remove MC5 it sux, Was amazing when i got to the city and even more when those big doors opened to the Wastelands!

Should start in Faction HQ with directions to your apartment

BAMF
03-04-06, 14:37
in the end I guess it's 1/2 the user's fault for not asking on trade and/or help. they're both on as default right?

I dunno as I cannot test this but when u first start up the game & open ur RPOS arent there certain windows that come up as default? or no?

Should start in Faction HQ with directions to your apartment

most likely KK would prolly say that it doesn't make sense for new heros (accidentally) awaken at the Faction. which i agree with, It needs to be u awaking in Mc5.....BUT instead of there being a door to the outside in the noobie Mc5 building, just put a GR there. & to help b4 leaving the womb a tutorial NPC for the CITYCOM is a def must b4 they leave, so def put the citycoms beside the GR with the NPCs beside em.

imho

unreal
03-04-06, 19:56
in the end I guess it's 1/2 the user's fault for not asking on trade and/or help. they're both on as default right?Most new customers won't understand how to speak on the CUSTOM channels, and the lack of people to interact with in the newbie version of mc5 won't get them anywhere.

BAMF
07-04-06, 16:34
just checked and yup trade channel is off my default, only local, zone, alliance, & help is enabled...ppl dont talk on help much & as for me i have it off =/ should really enable trade channel by default

Dirus
07-04-06, 22:00
Anyone ever try looking at this? (http://ng.neocron.com/index.php?id=13)

nellus
08-04-06, 08:29
Nope :D

Tesee
10-04-06, 12:39
pfff being lost is fun,
taking a venture warp instead of a Rockwear is more fun
being lost in Neocron is fun
entering the wrong place is fun (hoooo an anciant Chran HQ.....)
Try to go out of Neocron Via Outzone is fun
try to go through Main Sewer is fun

Many places are not easy to find or walk through,
noob MC 5 is really not that difficult....

People think everything is easy...

BAMF
10-04-06, 15:03
well there's no link from the install to any part of the site, just www.neocron.com. You can't just put everything on the site and expect someone to just find everything themselves. Ppl start up the game, they dont expect to have to go out-of-game to the site to find out what to do.

Trilaac
16-04-06, 15:18
i never ooked at that, in fact, when i created my account, there was not even a hint that there was a guide when i created my account. however, what i did like was the fact that there is a tutorial thing when you create your first character, but it is quiet a high level, and not a newbie one. i spose that is to stop people playing that for months instead of the game.
I also recenty found the FIRST EVER NEOCRON DEMO! i payed it, and it was awesome! it was the orientation demo, for everyoe who was gonna play NC1 release, it was a bit buggy, but it showed basically everything that stil exists in Neocron today, including large amounts of terrain and city that currently have other uses today (bio labs was starting area, and had people in cryo things instead of animals).

when i started playing NC1 a few years back, i only had my friends for help, but this time round, there;s the help channel where peope can get help, and there's also the Newbie Helpers (managed by Chenoa i believe).

also @ Tesee: yea.. i took a venture warp with my lvl 18 ppu and ended up walking into the Pro MC5... nasty, but i got out again :D