PDA

View Full Version : Cool ideas

Edgar
29-03-06, 10:20
-How about a way to hack into people's apartments, not giving you access to their items but be able to break in so maybe you can kill them or assassinate them for whatever reason. Would add a cool aspect to the game. (Maybe also allowing passwords to be found in hacknet or something)

-Encourage fighting in the city? There was a time when wars would go on in the city, especially in Pepper Park. Would be really fun to have that again.

What do you guys think?

Kame
29-03-06, 10:23
lately it look as if KK doesnt want fighting in NC

theres more guards then used to be.

you loose major SL for killing anyone no in team in any appartement ; you cant even defend urself.

you cant even kill an enemy in a dungeon without losing SL.

and then theres zone where you can kill anyone for any given reason without any penalties or gain.

Edgar
30-03-06, 02:46
Well I'm sure the soullight penalities in killing in apartment can be changed easily

Apocalypsox
30-03-06, 08:56
heres another cool idea...how about a pop of about 700-1000 people again :(

RogerRamjet
30-03-06, 09:05

They tried patching that in i think.

Bugs Gunny
30-03-06, 09:24
The whole soullight system and the crazy amount of copbots and off course the murdering paraspam has turned this game into something where you'll only viably combat at mb zoneline, pepper park (dead lately) and opfights.

So much for "danger around every corner".

Black Mamba
30-03-06, 09:28
yes fighting in nc is impossible and sucks ass, i have cancelled my account as its all turned bullshit

Hoernerice
30-03-06, 10:07
the sl system is totaly shit and dont do what it mean to do. change it back to old system before evo 2.1 or kick it out of game.
MfG
a angry CM

Bugs Gunny
30-03-06, 10:21
Yes, give the mercs a quick patch so they have a natural enemy.
And maybe just patch the old soullight system back in.

Kame
30-03-06, 10:30
[ edited ]

-sf-
30-03-06, 12:12
/signed

however i still am able to find some places in neocron to fight. in viarosso and in some places in the plaza sector u can find some uncovered spots where u can lure ur enemy too.
but when they gonna take the noobstealth for the pe out of the game i can skip this as well. cos then there leads no way past the copbot army in those sectors.
plus i have to admit that when im in the city i mostly only kill noobs to get some attention. usually theres a group of 3 to 5 players coming to help the noobs then. mostly with ppu support and then its getting impossible to fight ^^. most of the times i died in town was because of a copbot freezing me, so i was an easy target.
yes combat sucks atm tbh

rob444
30-03-06, 13:11
They tried patching that in i think.

The NPC's aint moving though, bugged?? :confused:

Skusty
30-03-06, 13:32
The NPC's aint moving though, bugged?? :confused:
Prolly. :(

Dogface
30-03-06, 14:36
If I was the king of the world, I'd make it illegal to not play NC for at least 3 hours a day if you're under 30.

In a perfect world :rolleyes:

Bugs Gunny
30-03-06, 15:07
If i was king of the world.... You would all be paying taxes to me :D

jini
30-03-06, 15:13
If I was the king of the world I would wear a mirror suit, para would have been mirrored back to the caster PPU :p

However we DO have the king of the world and as it happens he is in our clan : Smurf :lol:

Bugs Gunny
30-03-06, 15:18
Jini, you would indeed wear a mirrorsuit, but only because you would instate "discomusic" as the official national anthem of greece.

Ryen
30-03-06, 15:44
Merge the four servers into two.

I've noticed all these ideas seem to fall squarely on the high levels/capped players, and ignores the middle classes and low levels. If either of the last two were to see a fight in the city, they may decide to join in. Or, if fighting is encouraged, then what's the say a high level won't kill a newbie?

Similar situation with the apartments. High level hacks into a newbies apartment, kills newbie. Newbie doesn't have another respawn, keeps dying, etc. Gets fustrated, quits.

The only really good ideas I could think of, except balancing, would be to -

-Add more story based missions for everyone. Right now it's either high levels or low levels (mr.jones/random wastelands missions), with the only inbetween being a mission every 10 levels.

-Why can't three mid level players take out a single high level player? Maybe factor that into the balancing.

-Rare weapons ACTUALLY rare.

-Hard to find armor and items.

Edgar
02-04-06, 11:46
Similar situation with the apartments. High level hacks into a newbies apartment, kills newbie. Newbie doesn't have another respawn, keeps dying, etc. Gets fustrated, quits.

But newbies are LE'd aren't they? :D. And this would be an awesome way to take out people on the bounty list. Imagine breaking into someones apartment waiting for them to come home.

Dogface
02-04-06, 14:05
I don't see why everyone thinks a server merge into two will make a difference.

Look at it this way, Mars and Mercury get merged since they're both German. Terra and Neptune get merged. Oh look, we got all the Neptune players !!! 700 players on Terra now !... o_O

Kierz
02-04-06, 20:14
merging all the servers wouldn't work too well, at least someone would be compramised, for a start decorated apartments (personally i wouldn't care) can't be transfered, only the apartment key gets transfered. also what happens with name collisions? a lot of people are gonna get annoyed over that, and what about 2 people with names colliding when neither accounts are active.. you can't ask either player what they would like to rename to, and there's no easy way to give priority (if one has active account and other doesn't i'd give priority to the active one), so just change both people's names to something random? you'd need to bring back the renaming service if you was going to do this (and apparently this is quite hard - a gm told me :p)

also hacking into apts is pretty cool, and like someone said (cba checking who) it wouldn't really make too much of a problem for low lvl players if they keep le in.

i think the change to massive sl loss for killing anyone is understandable with the syncing into other peoples apts bug, but if that ever got fixed, why shouldn't you be able to gank anyone in their apartment? :p how are the authorities supposed to know.. the wasteland rules are pretty good to be fair.

also to add to the hacking apt lock idea, apts and belts of red SL chars should already be unlocked =)

Zheo
02-04-06, 20:34
the sl system is totaly shit and dont do what it mean to do. change it back to old system before evo 2.1 or kick it out of game.
MfG
a angry CM

LoL @ Soul light, it's a way to make guards kill you if your a bad person but atm it doesnt matter if your just defending urself or not, and as for the city guards i think my view and others views on this are well know

NERF THE GUARDS
REMOVE PARA
REDUCE N.O. GUARDS
MAKE PVP IN CITIES VIABLE!