PDA

View Full Version : What I think

cRazy-
28-03-06, 15:46
Ive said time and time again I think this game is over complicated, while it might not be a bad thing logically, people have to look at the simple fact that theres only a very small minority of game players around the world who enjoy these complicated setups to do with this game and the mathmatics behind it, its an unchangable fact which is why I dont think Neocron will ever grow much bigger then it is now.

No other game is like Neocron, and look at the difference, I know theres a lot of other factors which play a part in how the player population is now, but in terms of new players I think its a major factor. The way this game is built it will only ever be a viably targetted at the type of a very minoritive audience, mostly built up with the type of people who continue to play this game.

You cant force thousands of people to enjoy a type of game when those thousands of people dont exist.

Dribble Joy
28-03-06, 15:52
They do exist, just that NC's publicity machine is on bricks in a scrap yard in romania, rather than flinging it's way round the track on Top Gear.

Dogface
28-03-06, 16:00
Neocron is taste that has to be allowed time to develop. People who stick with it through the low level times will see it for what it really is, a masterpiece.

But as stated, there's a lot of other factors that drive people away. I don't need to mention them.

Glok
28-03-06, 16:04
I love the complication, it means that there will always be that unique setup that no one thought of. Then KK nerfs it, then we get to search for the next one. It's great! Don't ever balance the game KK!

Superbron
28-03-06, 16:08
Lol, I think it might even be more complicated in faction-relationship terms. I liked the complicated F6 of NC1...

Glok
28-03-06, 16:19
Yeah I did too.

giga191
28-03-06, 16:45
Lol, I think it might even be more complicated in faction-relationship terms. I liked the complicated F6 of NC1...
That's odd, my F6 doesn't seem to be very complicated:

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/6552/f62ns.jpg

SorkZmok
28-03-06, 16:55
lol zeltarg. :lol:

NC is a gmae for a small group of people, i hardly doubt it would be any bigger if KK was a bigger company. Seems pretty much everyone is into elves and flowers and shit. :rolleyes:

Still, NC would be alot bigger if KK wouldn't constantly fuck things up even more. Because of that i'm not renewing my accounts, the last one's running out tomorrow.

And i won't be back before they try and patch in balance. :)

RogerRamjet
28-03-06, 17:03
Im considering cancelling my accounts till my exams are finished, since i makde the mistake of playing NC through the last 3 periods of exams i had.

cRazy-
28-03-06, 17:08
Im giving the benefit of the doubt and hanging around until some of these new balance plans are starting to be implimented, but overall I'll eventually be cancelling my account soon, too busy now with my new career.

SorkZmok
28-03-06, 17:17
Good thing i live with 15 other people, they're usually kicking my ass when i start playing to much instead of doing stuff for uni. :lol:

I wish there were ANY games like NC. Nothing i've tried is even half as addicting. NEOCRACK FTW!!1

Ryen
28-03-06, 17:18
Ive said time and time again I think this game is over complicated, while it might not be a bad thing logically, people have to look at the simple fact that theres only a very small minority of game players around the world who enjoy these complicated setups to do with this game and the mathmatics behind it, its an unchangable fact which is why I dont think Neocron will ever grow much bigger then it is now.

Eve online's 100,000+ subscribers would like to have a word with you.

Neocron's problem isn't how complicated it is, it's the bugs, the balance, and the newbie experiance.

If you want to start the players off with a bang, mc5 doesn't do that well. Nor does the tutorial. The broken english helped drive a few of my friends away early. Most people can't put up with that many errors in a game, which drives people away early.

If the bugs were fixed, more missions added for mid level and newbie players, a better tutorial, and an actual translator, then we might have something. But until then neocron will stay the way it is.

Foo
28-03-06, 18:48
Eve online's 100,000+ subscribers would like to have a word with you.

Neocron's problem isn't how complicated it is, it's the bugs, the balance, and the newbie experiance.

If you want to start the players off with a bang, mc5 doesn't do that well. Nor does the tutorial. The broken english helped drive a few of my friends away early. Most people can't put up with that many errors in a game, which drives people away early.

If the bugs were fixed, more missions added for mid level and newbie players, a better tutorial, and an actual translator, then we might have something. But until then neocron will stay the way it is.

.QFT.

tarasm
28-03-06, 18:56
Another problem is that neocron is not advertised.If it was more advertised, More people would join.

FarSight
28-03-06, 19:17
Most people can't put up with that many errors in a game

So true i tried @ NC Retail start bring some of my firends to this game .... and the biggest problem for them was FRE .... FRE each 20-30 min in a middle of pvp/cave whateva .... restart and found char dead .... this was most important thing they bitch about.... and hey do you know any game that FRE so often ? i dont and im 31 years old started @ ZX Spectrum + ... and never played game that was crashing so much (ok ... Daggerfall ... but they fix it)

PS. They (my friends) enjoyed and liked NC skill system and full freedom with points distribution ... if you want make APU spy you can if you can enjoy playing that spy then why dont make it ?? other games usualy limts some class to races or smt ... but sometimes its allowed and quite funny .... 5 ppl gang of Warforgers Wizards (yea -2 to INT but why not ?) with self repair spell > ALL :D:D:D we managed to get to lvl7 in DDO Euro Beta

cRazy-
28-03-06, 19:39
Correct but its still a true fact that the type of players who enjoy these complicated games are a minority.

Because its a minoritive group of players it makes it even harder for KK, say for example out of 10 people who enjoy these genre's of game, 5 stay and 5 dont because of bugs etc. If there was millions of potential players there would still be a lot of people playing the game, but since theres not as many coupled with the fact that this game is no where near perfect, it doesnt impress every single one, so there are far less players.

Of course this is all hypothetical.

Androth
28-03-06, 20:10
I rather like the complexity of the game, helps weed out the weak tbh... Fact of the matter is I think its one of the most attractive qualities of the game. Far to many games out there built for the lowest common denominator. This plus the mature audience only quality, and a cyberpunk atmosphere that frankly, there is little in the way clones of that are worth anything of note. This games does have a small community, but were rather tight bunch (though we may hate eachother at times), most people know most people, and for the most part the current player based cares about the games future a great deal. No one can deny the level of potential this game has, even the people who have quit. Point and fact many have quit simply because they feel the potential has been somehow wasted, and keep coming back hoping to find the potential finally realized.

The newbie thing has always been a problem with NC. The learning curve is probably the steepest I have ever found in a mmo. Again I'm not sure if thats a good or bad thing, while it does lower the player base a bit, it also makes the main player base a bit more dedicated than the rest, and frankly thats a good thing. How many of you have played games like Guild Wars? Remember how many smacktards there are in that game? Finding someone how actually knows anything in that game is about as easy as getting a tl115 poke in the dome at 1am PST lol.

I for one am hopeful the changes in store for us give the game some new life, while we have to wait and see, it should be a interesting time, and while many complain about this change or that change I ask you, what other company are you aware of that is willing to change their retail product to the level NC is planed to change with so much community input? Name one and I'll go play it tbh, haven't found one yet, and frankly I think thats going to attract the right kinds of players for NC. I'm not as concerned with more players as I am with what kind of players we have and will have. Just my opinion though...

-A

Ryen
29-03-06, 00:36
Another problem is that neocron is not advertised.If it was more advertised, More people would join.

This is bullshit. Neocron is incredibly well advertised for the population. For about a month after 2.1, banner ad's were on every site that had google ad's, encompasing most game related sites (not IGN or Gamespy, fileplanet though).

Clicks were had, free trials tried, buggy shit delt with.