PDA

View Full Version : [BRAINPORT] Poking Stations

-FN-
27-03-06, 22:33
Create something like the Rokkwear Station that lets you buy a poke. You put an implant in your processor, more or less than 1 will generate an error and tell you to check your processor window. Implant Gel is auto-administered during poke so no Inventory check for the Gel needs to be done. Price calculated as:

( TL of the Implant x Base Rank ) x 15

So a Rank /65 runner who needs their MC5 Implant poked in will pay 112,125nc for a poke. A Rank /4 runner who needs thier TL 3 poked in will pay a mere 180nc.

Place one in Plaza 1, one in DoY City Center, and one in TH.

Pokers won't go out of business as these high prices will be for the desperate. Besides, who makes an absolute living out of poking? It's a secondary tradeskill. You could also tie the fee or a % of the fee with StockX and that runner's faction somehow...

The game just comes to a grinding halt for a lot of people when pokers aren't around and that sucks.

cRazy-
27-03-06, 22:36
Ive always liked the idea, when the pops are low theres often no pokers on whatsoever.

Tesee
28-03-06, 05:18
don't agree, if you do that you can remove the imp skill...

yavimaya
28-03-06, 05:29
Do it!
I gather things like this KK have thought about, but not thought of the larger picture.

There are people in countries - like me - that only if we wake up very early on the weekends do we see decent populations, so its almost impossible for us to get poked, ever.

Terayon
28-03-06, 05:50
So using that machine could cost me anywhere from 22k for just my foot being poked, up to over 350k for brain and/or backbone pokes? My average death with 2 imps popped, say my lowest tl non bone implant (tl74) with my lowest tl bone implant (tl23) would cost me 95k? I agree there should be motivation to get a poker and have this as last resort, but dont you think thats a bit ridiculous?

Zheo
28-03-06, 06:27
Just get more people to create a poking character :) you dont need 4 pvp characters and even if you do make one a spy that way he can do both? (I must amit i dont have an imper) but i do have free slots :D

How about GM's listen in on trade for impers and if theirs non around one of them comes to poke at th for an hour or two?

sanityislost
28-03-06, 07:11
Nice idea mate :D

looking for a poker atm :/

SiL ..:..

Edgar
28-03-06, 07:59
Ruins player to player interaction, don't do it.

ZoVoS
28-03-06, 09:28
make it

(base level)^1.75 X TL of poke

Then low levels arnt as penalised as high levels money wise

jini
28-03-06, 09:50
Prices are too high. Pay per poke at a flat fee of 10k. otherwise its sensless

ZoVoS
28-03-06, 10:02

imo its not suposed to replace pokers its suposed to be there for people with money to burn who are DESPERATE to be repoked and get back fighting for whatever reason they have

l8m0n
28-03-06, 11:21
lol doesnt take alot of points to cap poke, drug, glove and spy 3, means you can poke yourself, your clan m8s and your other account, so you never need pokes, wait a min thats what ive got :lol:

Jezebel
28-03-06, 11:28
I think the right solution is to make viable to always have a tradeskill, not to replace the player to player economy of the game. Then why not a construction station? Or a researching station? Repair?
If player had'nt to spend all int points into combat related skills (wpl, psu, etc) we could have more tradeskillers. I hope this will be looked at when the balance things will be reworked

Torg
28-03-06, 11:53
no auto-implanters. no artifact weapons from a+w or hew. no playershops. keep rp ingame.

pabz
28-03-06, 18:40
aslong as all profits go to me :cool:

-FN-
28-03-06, 19:50
imo its not suposed to replace pokers its suposed to be there for people with money to burn who are DESPERATE to be repoked and get back fighting for whatever reason they have
Thank you. It's definitely not supposed to replace pokers or RP or player interaction. I don't know how many of you actually play during non-peak times, but it's pretty common on Terra to go for hours asking for a poke on Trade, Help, Skill, etc and get NOTHING. If Neocron's population picked up, then maybe the machines would mysteriously go out of order, fine. But with NC's current population, a poking terminal with HIGH prices to curb people from using it all the time, would actually help out the dozens of people who just get frustrated and log off because they've been looking for a Poker for over 45 minutes.

So using that machine could cost me anywhere from 22k for just my foot being poked, up to over 350k for brain and/or backbone pokes? My average death with 2 imps popped, say my lowest tl non bone implant (tl74) with my lowest tl bone implant (tl23) would cost me 95k? I agree there should be motivation to get a poker and have this as last resort, but dont you think thats a bit ridiculous?
Sounds about right at /60 to /65. You could live without your bone implant until a poker logged on - and only if you needed the TL74 implant to use your weapon, you could wait with that too. Now if you've been waiting for nearly an hour as I sometimes do, then you just go screw it and cough up the 95k. I gladly would after trying for that long to get poked.

Now *that* is what the people who don't want auto-pokers should be afraid of. Something that replaces the tradeskill quickly and easily.

Perhaps the Implant Stations could be Population Sensitive - if the Server Population's drop under 10%, they are enabled and then get disabled when it gets back over 10%...

Obsidian X
28-03-06, 22:04
I have to say I don't like this idea at all. All it means is that the rich will be able to get pokes whenever they fancy it, and the poor will have to make do with "the good ol' fashioned way". More rich people get automatic pokes = don't need to log poking alts, and it wouldn't help the pokers out there at all, only create a further degree of seperation between the "haves" and the "havenots" - moneywise that is.

yavimaya
29-03-06, 06:18
I have to say I don't like this idea at all. All it means is that the rich will be able to get pokes whenever they fancy it, and the poor will have to make do with "the good ol' fashioned way". More rich people get automatic pokes = don't need to log poking alts, and it wouldn't help the pokers out there at all, only create a further degree of seperation between the "haves" and the "havenots" - moneywise that is.

LOL !!!
haves and have-nots. haha. aww man, sorry, funny shit.

This is a game, not real life, there is no "magic, learn it or dont, be good at it or fail" secret to making alot of money, you simply put in the time, and maximise the very few resources you have to build your bank balance.

If this was brought in and people used it the way you suggested, i think you will find very, very quickly the gap between the rich and the new players would drop off at a rapid rate.

Noone can afford to take a hit of lossing multiple high levels imps, multiple times a night, for a few days in a row, which is a reality for a hardcore pvper. (who incidentaly should have less cash, as you cant farm players for Nc)

Obsidian X
29-03-06, 17:45
LOL !!!
haves and have-nots. haha. aww man, sorry, funny shit.

This is a game, not real life, there is no "magic, learn it or dont, be good at it or fail" secret to making alot of money, you simply put in the time, and maximise the very few resources you have to build your bank balance.

Thank you, I aim to entertain. You're right though, the secret to money in this game is time. Not everyone has that time. People have jobs, education, parole, etc and don't have the time to farm El Farid, or the Chaos Caves. See once you make a certain amount of money, making more become easier. E.g I could build batches of stuff and sell 5 slots for obscene amounts of money. Why don't I? Becuase accross my accounts, my characters are so poor that I can't afford to bulk buy the materials for batch construction.

My original point was that not everyone in the game is rich, and the rich will simply pay for pokes, while the poor will have to stand around TechHaven for them. The more rich people there are, the less people are likely to log a poker when they can get their pokes on-demand. Of course, there will always be a PPU who pokes for his Op-team, or someone who happened to log on at the right time, but I think it'll just increase the gap further.