PDA

View Full Version : [OT] Face Of Mankind Released - Retail

Ryen
27-03-06, 16:05
Apparently Face of Mankind was offically released a few hours ago. It's about 12 dollars a month to play. Does anyone have any reports of how it plays now? I know it used to be terrible, but that was over a year ago. Any recent reports (recent meaning post retail)? I'm in school, and the FOMK site is blocked, so I can't get any more information then that.

Brammers
27-03-06, 16:23
*Blinks* FoMK is out?

When I tried it in early beta, I didn't like it. I may consider giving this a go again.

Ryen
27-03-06, 16:25
*Blinks* FoMK is out?

When I tried it in early beta, I didn't like it. I may consider giving this a go again.

The graphics have improved, and the price seems to have driven off all of the assholes, so I think it may be worth a shot.

Spermy
27-03-06, 16:31
Any Trial? I'm not wasting money on a month, owing to piss poor experience in teh past. Granted, it was a beta, and it wasn't the bugs that riled me, it was the ease of abuse of the gameplay system.

Ryen
27-03-06, 16:34
Any Trial? I'm not wasting money on a month, owing to piss poor experience in teh past. Granted, it was a beta, and it wasn't the bugs that riled me, it was the ease of abuse of the gameplay system.

That's why I'm asking. I guess when I get home I'll put down the cash and post a trip report. Hopefully it will live up to it's potential, but games hardly ever do that.

Bugs Gunny
27-03-06, 16:42
Our dearly beloved Asurmen is playing this game and made a pvp video.

http://www.pencilo.com/War.wmv

Apocalypsox
27-03-06, 16:45
assman...COME BACK TO US!!!

i hope its not as shit as it was about 5 months ago :( was laggy as hell and whenever i tried to PvP i couldnt hit shit cause the other person just lagged around. shoulda used nades :lol:

Brammers
27-03-06, 16:47
I dropped over to the FOMK forum's and clicked on a 79 page thread, where the release date was announced (http://forum.fomportal.com/showthread.php?t=39089). I got to page 7 before I stopped.

90% of the post was the game is still buggy from people with low post counts.

8% of the post was the game is still buggy from people with high post counts.

The other 2% was people wishing it luck.

Basically it was not a very positive thread, but I hope Ryen is right, that the 98% who gave it a thumbs down are the assholes. The "It's has been released thread (http://forum.fomportal.com/showthread.php?t=39527)" was a lot more positive, except they are some payment issues, like no Paypal. One interesting payment method was the ability to pay by mobile phone? KK - want to think about that as a new payment method?

The game has some real good ideas and concepts, I just need to see how well the game was finally put together. So who is really playing this game and would like to tell us all about it?

Edit: Ryen just pointed out that they use Worldpay, which is a good thing IMHO when you think of Click2Pay. I don't want to put them down too much for not having a PayPal option, just to be clear!

Bugs Gunny
27-03-06, 16:50
I don't think i can stand pvping with a char that runs around looking like it's trying to hold in a very large turd.

Ryen
27-03-06, 16:51
I'm going to try to get home early to try this. It should be fun to see how it's faring.

It's also hilarious that it's using Worldpay, the same payment method NC1 used.

Edit: Hilarious, and good. I never had any trouble with worldpay.

I don't think i can stand pvping with a char that runs around looking like it's trying to hold in a very large turd.

The character graphics and animations have been completely overhauled.

RogerRamjet
27-03-06, 17:11
phew, im glad i dont play sucha buggie game!

Ryen
27-03-06, 17:15

Well played sir, well played :)

pottburter
27-03-06, 18:06
Any Trial?

No, there isnt.

A friend of mine mailed them and learned that there is no trial and the only method if payment is via credit card.

German subscribers can also pay via mobile phone.
Don't know if this is true for other countries.

greets

Crashtec
27-03-06, 18:20
That PVP video looks like shit. I can't even tell if he is hitting anyone, looks like random shooting and running.

Maybe that's what Neocron PVP looks like to someone who has never played, but at least we have a noticable Ret.

Superbron
27-03-06, 20:33
may I quote this in my sig? :lol:

giga191
27-03-06, 20:44
It seems to take hours to kill people, like NC with PPUs around...

RogerRamjet
27-03-06, 21:35
may I quote this in my sig? :lol:

Oh my word, id be honoured.

Strife
27-03-06, 21:55
There isn't much in the way of content. If you can put up with a lot of boring BS to get anywhere the combat is _really_ fun. There's purpose to it, and meaning. It's not really a whole "Oh, he's an enemy, i better kill him". It's heavily political, if you chose to go that route, or are able to.

You just have to give the game a chance to grow on you, sorta like this
new(er) HUD in Neocron. But like i said, if you can deal with boring missions and shit, the combat is really fun and it's really RP oriented for an MMO. There is no 'box' version to buy, or a CD key to buy, you just pay the fee.

It seems to take hours to kill people, like NC with PPUs around...Not if you can aim.

cRazy-
27-03-06, 21:59
Oh my word, id be honoured.

hahah

Me and Roger shall start the new Superbron fan club.

RogerRamjet
27-03-06, 22:01
Check the sig!!!!

Thanks to Tratos!!!

I'm so HAPPY

Tratos
27-03-06, 22:01
Already sent this to Roger :p
http://www.broken-reality.org/misc/pswork/sigs/superbron.gif

EDIT: Roger beat me to it :p

I might look into FOMK as i did read up about it ages ago, does it still involve no leveling?

Strife
27-03-06, 22:11
There's no leveling, but there is experience which you gain through missions. Levels are more like rank. Factions for the most part are player run. You get promoted for doing a good job, or maybe even for who you know. Usually the former.

People are more accountible for their actions in this game too. Which may be a blessing or a curse to some. Not as many idiots running around griefing, but it hinders your style of play also.

RusSki
27-03-06, 22:11
Roger that! :)

oh and fomk is crap, play neocron 50% more tbh
last time i checked fomk had 70% more attitude and atleast 60% bigger ego's

Dogface
27-03-06, 22:15
I couldn't even withstand the FoMK tutorial, it was like a simpsons-graphics version of Neocron.

Neocron pwns FoMK.

Ryen
27-03-06, 22:32
If you played FOMK about 3 months ago (or sooner) and liked it, you'll like it. It's a heavily political, action oriented cyberpunk mmo. It's not for everyone, but if it's for you, you'll love it.

The community has shaped up, all of the "OMG PWNED" kiddies have gone. There is no longer a central gathering spot.

If you liked it before, you'll like it now. If you didn't, it's worth a shot again due to a bunch of changes.

Odin
27-03-06, 22:33
hahah

Me and Roger shall start the new Superbron fan club.

OMG LMAO. That just made my day.

RogerRamjet
27-03-06, 22:35
Join us Odin.

Take the signature!

cRazy-
27-03-06, 22:43
hahah im glad to be of service odin.

Paper Dragon
27-03-06, 23:27
Is there any PvE content, or is it "purely" PvP based?

The broken English in the FaQ didn't clarify an awful lot.

o_O

Strife
27-03-06, 23:39
There are aliens to fight, but don't count on it to be often, or on it being fun. Like I said, there really isn't much for content other than great RP, and really great combat.

Brammers
28-03-06, 00:10
Can I join the club? Then I'll get around to a new Phoenix signature. ;)

RogerRamjet
28-03-06, 00:12
The more the merrier!

Literally!!!

Paper Dragon
28-03-06, 00:46
So I read that everyone starts in a safe home base area where other factions can go. I'm wondering how safe this is? I read about people in the same faction ganking newbies for the most stupid reasons before, can your own faction gank you inside the home base area, or at all anymore?

Also I read that when you die everything but your equipped gun drops to be looted. I also read that it doesn't anymore. I'm kinda confused on that point.

It'd really help if this game had some more available information or a trial for people to try.

Apocalypsox
28-03-06, 00:59
omgomgomg i r want 1n soopabr0n fan c1ubz0rz!

lolz ^^

but seriously guys...FoMK really aint that great...you buy a noob gun...do a bunch of missions...buy some shitty armor...do more missions...buyan Orbitv3 and then go beat the shit out of people for their loot to sell and get more money... 8|

Bugs Gunny
28-03-06, 01:03
I'm gonna try it out, something is keeping asurmen in there, and not comming back to neocron so it can't be all that bad.

Tratos
28-03-06, 01:04
There cant be that many more corpses surly?

Hell-demon
28-03-06, 01:13
Bugs, find him and bring him back Saving Private Ryan style :p

sanityislost
28-03-06, 01:13
Played it a few times back in the beta, didnt think it was all that great.

SiL ..:..

Bugs Gunny
28-03-06, 01:16
Bugs, find him and bring him back Saving Private Ryan style :p

Ok.

1. is his char named asurmen?
2. which one will you be of the resque squad in the movie?
3. which faction?

Dogface
28-03-06, 01:16
Hehe SiL I love the sig but I'm sure it'll get removed soon :lol:

Hell-demon
28-03-06, 01:40
the sig is harsh.........

but fair :D

ZoVoS
28-03-06, 02:53
odin

^_^ ew know ew want to

Apocalypsox
28-03-06, 03:07
Ok.

1. is his char named asurmen?
2. which one will you be of the resque squad in the movie?
3. which faction?

omgomg you go ill go too...fucking gentank looking char with an orbit V3 fuckin named Apocalypso fuck yeah

OMFG after some hardcore undercover intel work, thank me later.

http://forum.fomportal.com/showthread.php?t=39496
/edit ROFL ok guys i just used the find all started threads button...he sure complains about FOMK alot :lol:

Apocalypsox
28-03-06, 08:06
guys dont hate me for the double post. assman says sex me, sex revan, sex bugs n ya all. but he wont come back till he gets unbanned :lol: yeah.

SPIKE (pluto)
28-03-06, 09:53
I wouldnt reccomend joining this early into FomKs release, the game was in beta for nearly 3 years and i only quit a few months ago, there are hundered of bugs and problems left in game, you would be paying to beta test the game for them basicaly, they had to release it now or they would've gone bankrupt, the game itself isnt ready for retail, or at least thats what i figure.

Anyone played the game under the brotherhood of shadows and remember Spike Cohanus? That was me, the game got so boring after i reached rank 6 :D

ZoVoS
28-03-06, 10:01
ernt nc in beta for like 5 years :S

:P

Bugs Gunny
28-03-06, 10:26
Lemme guess, he got banned on the forums because nidhogg thought he was too "sexy" ?
Nidhogg, you've banned more people on these forums than i've killed unarmed 0/2's in the game, and i allready feel bad about my actions.
How can you sleep at night man?

gamefreak
28-03-06, 14:44
How can you sleep at night man?
drugs i guess

Nidhogg
28-03-06, 15:12
Who said he was banned from the forums? He's not banned according to my records, though he should be if his game account is banned.

N

/edit - sure, I've banned plenty of people over the years, but they're a small minority of the number of users we've had through our forum doors (over 35 thousand) and I lose not a second's sleep over it.

more fire
28-03-06, 15:49
rofl hmm i bet i can make u budge at night nid lol

Dogface
28-03-06, 16:11
Man, if only NC had the capability to hold 35000 players lol...

If if if..

Archy
28-03-06, 16:13
I prefer NC over FOMK any day. I just do not like anything ive seen in fomk.

giga191
28-03-06, 16:38
and I lose not a second's sleep over it. In fact, he even dreams about banning people ^^

Nidhogg
28-03-06, 16:49
Yeah, stay on topic, eh?

N

/edit - yes I realise I helped move it away from the topic in the first place. Now I'm helping move it back again.

nobby
28-03-06, 17:48
Nice to see it's out, I did have fun in my days...

Got executed by a line of Soldiers which looked like an execution from a firing range... for letting out Aliens which were being held in a large room (I didn't do it) :p

I watched my friend let out lots of aliens while I watched behind the door, everyone dying :p

I got to rank 4 then demoted to rank 1 after I didn't play for 2 weeks...so I told the faction leader I went to hospital because I had cancer, for an operation on my liver, so he put me up to rank 2- Bastard ! :lol:

Raided the DMC prison side by side with a friend -We took out everyone!
They wouldn't let me guard the prison, and treated me like shit, they deserved it!

And I also Beat the most un corrupted Cop in the game-Jai Patel, in a 5 Duels !
heh, he could never beat me :p

ahhh I had fun!

I even got taken into an interrigation room and murdered by Jesterthegreat!

Some fun I had!

And even locking noobs in the interrigation room was fun :p

The hacking was good! WOoooooooooo

ok that's my story!

rob444
28-03-06, 17:49
lol, weird game, was in the beta for a few days and dropped it after that, what a piece of shit game it was :P, apparently PVP was pretty good, can't agree on that though.

nobby
02-04-06, 05:16
Ok I brought a month for 6.50...

Where the hell is everyone?

Joining the LED, I miss the amount of abuse I'd get then I would go to DMC and attempt to hack the doors open...

Where are they!

Apocalypsox
02-04-06, 09:24
lol, weird game, was in the beta for a few days and dropped it after that, what a piece of shit game it was :P, apparently PVP was pretty good, can't agree on that though.

no it wasnt! i tried to PvP someone assualt rifle vs assualt rifle, same gun, neither of us could hit SHIT because of the lag/bad hitboxes

rob444
02-04-06, 21:08
no it wasnt! i tried to PvP someone assualt rifle vs assualt rifle, same gun, neither of us could hit SHIT because of the lag/bad hitboxes

Haha, reminds me when I was chasing someone as LED, tried to stun him with my gun so I could arrest him, I couldn't hit him even if he stood still. lol, hilarious tbh.

Apocalypsox
03-04-06, 08:16
Haha, reminds me when I was chasing someone as LED, tried to stun him with my gun so I could arrest him, I couldn't hit him even if he stood still. lol, hilarious tbh.

LOL thats nothing man

first day i started some guy was following me around going HAHHAHAHA NOOB YOU CANT DO NOTHING HAHAHAH i was like "oh fuck this im gonna make a new character in a few minutes"

so we where in that main damned area...wtf ever you call it some plaza place with a store, i bought a newby shocker, and in 3 shots he couldnt move and he was like OMFG HELP HELP SHOOT HIM!!! and everyone just stood their laughing as i shot him with my newb shocker

Riddle
03-04-06, 13:47
Played Beta when Knives ruled, melee FTw!

Game sux tbh :rolleyes: