PDA

View Full Version : Sound management

Uritel
26-03-06, 20:44
Hey guys, very new here. I'm an avid user of MSN voice chat and Teamspeak, and I've found it very difficult to chat with anyone vocally because the sounds in game are so damn high. Is there a way to lower the sound effects (and music?) in game either using the login client, the game options themselves, or something typed out? If anyone knows, would be greatly appreciated.. thanks.

RusSki
26-03-06, 20:51
Yeah once the client is open and u have the login screen, select the options and then sound.
In here you can change and mute the volume of sound effects and music.
The music is crap and i'm sure like most ppl you will soon tire of it and from then on it will be muted :)

Afaik the commands that could be used in game to change the volumes havent worked since neocron 2 started

Otherwise buy a 2nd sound card and dedicate that to teamspeak/ventrilo like i did.
Then you can have battlefield comms coming thru your headset and environmental sounds coming from your speakers, like how its meant to be :)

gstyle40
27-03-06, 09:54
Yeah once the client is open and u have the login screen, select the options and then sound.
In here you can change and mute the volume of sound effects and music.
The music is crap and i'm sure like most ppl you will soon tire of it and from then on it will be muted :)

Afaik the commands that could be used in game to change the volumes havent worked since neocron 2 started

Otherwise buy a 2nd sound card and dedicate that to teamspeak/ventrilo like i did.
Then you can have battlefield comms coming thru your headset and environmental sounds coming from your speakers, like how its meant to be :)

thats one hell of an idea. now if i only had speakers :lol:

Trilaac
16-04-06, 15:51
i had that setup, but the 2 soundcards kept conflicting, i switched to an external USB soundacrd, and that only made it worse, i stil can't get it to work, but i'm going ack to uni soon, so no neocron for a while (they block the ports in halls) maybe when i get the Neocron machine up and running i'll try again.
And yes, it's going to e my Neocron Machine,i'm even gonna paint or stick neocron related stuff on it :P

RusSki
16-04-06, 16:19
I just use the onboard sound on my gigabyte mobo (ac 97) and an SB audigy 2.

Admittedly i only use ventrilo which i've found to be really nice to setup with the 2 sound card system i use.
I havent really used TS that much, but i'm sure its possible and not that difficult to do.

For battlefield 2 and operation flashpoint its amazing. Especially if everyone on vent has a decent sound system so u can hear gun shots and explosions in the back ground of other players voice comms. It just adds to the intensity