PDA

View Full Version : Insane vehicle reqs

Bugs Gunny
24-03-06, 10:16
How about KK change the rather silly vehicle requirements on some vehicles?
Advanced assault glider needing 90int and 60str.... not a spy nor a pe can get this without drugging constantly, now when a drug runs and you zone, we all know where that gets you (long synch), vehicle gone.

Take it down to 89int or lower the str reqs on it please.

Strife
24-03-06, 12:05
weird, my spy has reqs for it.

Try leveling?

Bugs Gunny
24-03-06, 12:10
Oh so your spy has 90int and 60 str just from implants and no drugs?
Maybe you should turn yourself in to KK's anticheat patrol then, because you obviously have a haxxored overcapped character.

nostramo
24-03-06, 12:12
weird, my spy has reqs for it.

Impossible without constant drugging!

Glok
24-03-06, 12:15
Bez1, Bez2, Str spine 2, MOVEON, Nightshade.

nostramo
24-03-06, 12:18
Nightshade.

And I think that exactly is what Bugs wanted to express with "insane reqs" - "impossible without constant drugging"

Glok
24-03-06, 12:20
That was the intention though, just like PA4.

msdong
24-03-06, 12:26
well, that would fit into balance forum.

put a driver profession requirement on it and lower the stats!

Bugs Gunny
24-03-06, 12:33
Well it would be nice to see some more vehicle action at opwars, besides the rhino/reveler/bomber combo.

Given KK's great way of checking a char upon zoning, a pilot who gets in, let's drugs run and zones is guaranteed a zonecrash, meaning his glider flies through and goes on into the sunset, but his character relogs in the middle of the zone, usualy near some nice mobs.

Now a pilot in a frail glider that constantly drugs and gets a hard drugflash.......

What i'm trying to say is that for being a rather nice adition to the game this vehicle is never going to be used a lot, since in about 30 minutes of flying you're guaranteed either a zonecrash or drugflash where you'll fly into things.
Both options resulting in death or lost vehicles.

Taking it to 89int or str 50 is viable, and still means people have to be fully capped and gimped up specificaly for using it.

Brammers
24-03-06, 12:38
Hmm, 90INT for a PE.

Neural-Advancement 3 +5 INT
Hacking CPU 3 +5 INT
Special Science CPU +5 INT
Special Rigger Interface +5 INT
Smart-Cybereye 4 4 INT

Then a Research glove +5 INT, that still leaves 1 INT level short. If the MC5 Hawking wasn't 95INT requirement, then I think we would have a winner.

I didn't include the Advanced nerves as that has a -3 STR penalty.

Now a pilot in a frail glider that constantly drugs and gets a hard drugflash.......

One thing for sure, he would be hard to shoot down if he zig-zags like anyone else with drugflash! ;)

more fire
24-03-06, 13:25
actually i know vegah guns and drives on his spy whats the problem? dont u use drugs gunnar? or just trying to get something moved to your satisfaction? grow up man stop being selfish make another char to drive and get a seperate gunner like everyone else does

Brammers
24-03-06, 13:40
actually i know vegah guns and drives on his spy whats the problem? dont u use drugs gunnar? or just trying to get something moved to your satisfaction? grow up man stop being selfish make another char to drive and get a seperate gunner like everyone else does

No gun, spell or vehicle in the game needs drugs to use them. You need to be the right class and have the right implants.

This glider fits into the category of not balanced right, or it was added to the game when implant X was usable at Y, but is no longer usable.

Bugs Gunny
24-03-06, 13:56

Do you actualy read what i say?
You know that i drug on 2-4 drugs 24/7, and no i don't have problems with that.
It's the fact that kk's amazing zoningrules combined with vehicles like to throw you in the center of the zone when you no longer meet the reqs even though you are in it. Now i'm sure an experienced leet player like yourself has flown all the vehicles before, and therefore you realize that a glider is so fast and turns so slow that staying in a zone when your drugs just run out can be rather tricky to say the least.
Also having fuzzy drugflash in a glider is not like you try to get somehwere safe or stealth. Nope, you're going down in a big boom most likely.

I'm sure vegah is not using the advanced assault glider, but the normal one which is int85 and fires rockets at the front.

And as to your ridiculous accusations of me wanting to change something to my liking because i don't have a separate driver and gunner.... I have a hovercarrier pilot. 95% of the time when i'm gunning something i'm doing it on two computers using both hands on them. The last raid i did like that was drugging up gunnar to get in the doy bomberseat and i took out 2 rhinos and a reveler at gaia mine.
So i think i'm pretty much covered in the driving of all vehicles (except the glider int90 str60, for which i'm making a driving pe now).

I'm just trying to point out something fundamentaly wrong in the requirements of one particular vehicle (which used to be different, untill for some odd reason it was upped in patchnotes, and since then i've not seen anyone use it except someone in clan blood for about 2 days)

onero S
24-03-06, 13:58
also, druging for a veh is not like druging for a weapon, you can't just keep poping drugs, if the drugs run of/you zone you're fucked.

unreal
24-03-06, 15:16
Not to mention drugflash affects whether you can drive properly because of the spastic movements. There should be a WoC Dex 2 or WoC Int 1 item (preferably in the form of a glove or a piece of easily switchable armour, such as boots perhaps) which gives +100 VHC and a nice intelligence bonus.

Vehicles are a joke at the moment. It's not worth skilling the large amount of VHC to be able to drive them. Only character it's worth doing on is a tradeskiller, which typically won't be set up for taking damage and won't be able to wear good armour.

It's not worth paying a large amount of credits to drive a vehicle to an OP war, or just any sector with enemies in, to have them be able to easily destroy it in seconds (especially if monks are there). That's why you only ever see Quads, Revelers, and the odd Rhino with an LE'd noob driver to repair it or stop it from taking damage.

Edit: Most vehicles are a POS these days anyway. Look at the smoke effects added to the Hovertecs and such, they completely ******** (beep) my FPS and cause the screen to lag.

Bugs Gunny
24-03-06, 15:29
Unreal, i beg to differ.
With the holy heal nerfed, it's perfectly viable to bring a bomber to an opfight, rhinos and revelers tear people up too.
The reason why i'm speccing a combatpilot is because i noticed an increase in bombers being used, and i have a gut feeling that the ballancing will increase the importance of vehicles.
I want the alliance to be able to call in "the dragon wings" for taking out bombers.

"roger that sitting duck, dragon wings enroute to op, eta 2 mins!"

Dirus
24-03-06, 16:11
I find it funny that a drug dealer is complaining that something needs drugs to use.. Hell it gives you more business :p

Vehicles are a later part of the rebalancing.

Brammers
24-03-06, 16:27
I find it funny that a drug dealer is complaining that something needs drugs to use.. Hell it gives you more business :p

When that part comes along, I shall be watching that part very closely.

unreal
24-03-06, 16:30
Unreal, i beg to differ.
With the holy heal nerfed, it's perfectly viable to bring a bomber to an opfight, rhinos and revelers tear people up too.That was my point entirely. Bombers are bugged in the sky half the time, you can't target them or they just completely disappear. Or they just fly away to the nearest zone line before they're destroyed, usually. Rhinos aren't too speedy, they usually have an LE'd driver that can stop the vehicle taking damage when the gunner jumps out, and can then either repair it on the spot or drive away then repair it. Revelers are epic vehicles, they cost about 10nc to repair fully and nobody even cares to try damaging them half the time because it's not worth the weapon condition loss.

The only transport vehicle you'll typically see people travelling round on are Quads. You'll find a runner that's new to neocron driving round on the odd Hovertec or Speedbike, same goes for the Scorpion Trike. You'll hardly ever find these vehicles at Outposts regularly, it'll be a rare occasion.

The cost of buying or repairing Vehicles has got to either come down, or Vehicle Keys should be given n uses. Once the vehicle is destroyed, you have to use the key again, using up one of the uses, to add it back to your garage. Once the uses are gone, it would be nice if the Key was given a 'broken' status or something to easily identify it as broken by (perhaps by automatically replacing it with a key that has an X added to the icon?).

Bugs Gunny
24-03-06, 16:42

Oh you smartass :-)
But i'm sure you know what i meant.

Pantho
24-03-06, 16:55
Whats so special about this certain glider...

RogerRamjet
24-03-06, 17:24
Whats so special about this certain glider...

It has fluffy dice on the rear mirror.

CMaster
24-03-06, 17:32
Hmm, 90INT for a PE.

Neural-Advancement 3 +5 INT
Hacking CPU 3 +5 INT
Special Science CPU +5 INT
Special Rigger Interface +5 INT
Smart-Cybereye 4 4 INT

Then a Research glove +5 INT, that still leaves 1 INT level short. If the MC5 Hawking wasn't 95INT requirement, then I think we would have a winner.

That setup is worthless Bram, as the research glove nerfs HC which is also a req on the glider. 2 drugs or one rare drug is the brest that can be done - and hawkins IS possible in a PE. I seem to think that a drugless Bomber-pilot PE is possible, but I'd have to check.

msdong
24-03-06, 17:40
I find it funny that a drug dealer is complaining that something needs drugs to use.. ...

ppl that die or get hurt in a plane crash dont bye those drugs any more ;)

€ drugless PE glider is possible but for the bomber - drugs a good. mkay !

btw, i think ppl would use vhc a lot more if monks can not stand IN your vhc and nuke it. the other option is to not harm the vhc at al and shoot the sitting duck in open vhc that can not heal themself and are an easy target:/

Dogface
24-03-06, 18:24
How is Bugs being selfish is it's going to benefit absolutely everyone and not just himself?

Brammers
24-03-06, 18:35
That setup is worthless Bram, as the research glove nerfs HC which is also a req on the glider. 2 drugs or one rare drug is the brest that can be done - and hawkins IS possible in a PE. I seem to think that a drugless Bomber-pilot PE is possible, but I'd have to check.

Ahh yeah, I forgot about the -100 HC penalty. The problem is finding +30 INT that doesn't effect STR. +29 is the best you can do, but that comes with a -3 STR penalty. And yeah, a Hawking PE is definatly possible, just a hell of a lot easier than a pilot!

Back to the drawing board...

Bugs Gunny
24-03-06, 18:43
Drugless is not possible on this glider at all.

You can get a hawkings in but once the glove or drugs come off it's buy buy hawkings

Clive tombstone
24-03-06, 18:45
Holy S***, this threads bin up for how long and I’ve not noticed? I am shamed (hangs head). Any who, yeah I agree with Bugs. As a matter of fact, I know I made SEVERAL threads on this very topic. Any who-The Gliders DO need some serious fixing. Personally Id like to see gliders reqs be taken down enough for ANY class to be able to fly them (with proper Implants of course for the "dimmer" classes :D ) This is of course, because I LOVE seeing vehicle battles. That and just the fact that it’s the friggin future (a really F***'ed up future mind you) With Hover ships, It would seem like the most (convenient) way to travel, so why make it the hardest thing to do "skill point" wise? If anything it should only be hard "financially".

But knowing the result of my other threads, nun of that’s going to happen huh?
eh Dirus?

PEace out

Heavyporker
24-03-06, 19:06
I'm sorry, guys, but first, I want fully-loaded APCs and Hovercarriers to be able to go several zones without crapping out.

THEN, yes, I'd love to see gliders lose about 10 INT, 20 VHC, and 10 TC in requirements across the board.

Gentanks just shouldn't pilot, that's simply it.

Also, there needs to be a couple transport gliders. Just 2 or 3 seater affairs.

Oh, and, yes... Neocron City needs its own line of air vehicles. How about making a new line of Hovercabs that can be piloted, and NCPD security drones in lifesize (that can only be piloted and gunned by CA members!!!) ?

RogerRamjet
24-03-06, 19:19
In the NC2 promo video wasnt there a pic of a rhino driving through the streets of NC?

Clive tombstone
24-03-06, 19:23
Ok, MAYBE tanks not in hover carriers or bombers KK only knows of they could fit in the pilot seat lol. But monks PE's and spies yes.

Im all for what HP said also

Dogface
24-03-06, 19:59
Oh, and, yes... Neocron City needs its own line of air vehicles. How about making a new line of Hovercabs that can be piloted, and NCPD security drones in lifesize (that can only be piloted and gunned by CA members!!!) ?

That is a godly idea !

unreal
24-03-06, 22:51
In the NC2 promo video wasnt there a pic of a rhino driving through the streets of NC?Was probably the bug where they had a Rhino model on their head. :p