PDA

View Full Version : Just starting have some questions about character builds

Droth
23-03-06, 23:30
i want to make a sniper/hacker and maybe be able to fly a glider(will toss out hacking for the glider if needed) how do i need to build my characer? i've looked everywhere on the web but starctics doesnt cover neocron and the few other sites are jibberish to me anything would be very helpfull thanks :)
(oh and if i'm a sniper am i going to have a hard hard life fighting mobs/a hard life in general?)

Androth
24-03-06, 00:36
Had to respond as your name so closely resembles mine. Anyhow back on topic, your life as a rifler mob wise will be fine, you can pick those pesky mobs off at some crazy distance and never fret about them coming after you. All you really need to do is spec enough vhc skill to use the glider, the stats are on synergyxr You may suffer slightly cap wise on the highend rifles due to the vhc spec, but you could drop agility for the vhc use, just keep that stealth tool handy when something comes after you, cause you wont be fast enough to get away unscathed. As for pvp this would probably not be a ideal setup, on account of the speed issues and the lack of tops damage on the rifles.

VHC use wont effect hacking at all as they are in different primarys, however its hard to get a decent level of hack and caps on the high end rifle going. you can get in base 105 or so range on hack ( good enough for the lvl 3 HN software ) and still get decent numbers out of a dissy. Thats about the limit though, the weapon lore reqs on rifles is staggering.

-A

Riddle
27-03-06, 13:28
You can't as far as i know, cap your rifles( i.e. MAX damage/Range) and hack and fly.

I have a rifle / hacker spy, get a decent amount of hack for those belts i loot and still cap rare rifles.

Cap explained - Right click on your rifle you will see some details. Look for damage % and Aiming %. These cap at 178% damage and 267% aiming that means your doing the max damage you can with that weapon with the fastest aim you can get.

If your below this value then pump points into Weapon Lore under INT and Rifle combat under DEX. as a rough idea with all you high end imps etc takes around 180 ish weapon lore and 170+ rifle combat to cap a rare although this varies on the build quality of your rifle and the TL of the rifle you wish to use.

Suggest you level in swamp caves later on lv 30+, grab a medium poison belt and a heal spell before you go but good XP.

some points in recycle are useful whilst levelling as you can make your own ammo in the field.

Bugs Gunny
27-03-06, 13:31
http://nc.synergyxr.net/setups/

You'll find some decent setups in there